Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 9

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

So it’s ok to be clown if you donate? Seems to work well for you. 

Yes it helps. I also don’t slam struggling programs and make things up. Maybe the Woofs can pick up a 3A team Friday to help prepare them for a tourney run instead of a stat stuffing blowout 

• Like 2

I believe Attica' changed games were:

Wk 1 - RP could not play, Attica played Frontier instead
Wk 2 - Tri-County cancelled, Attica made up lost game vs RP
Wk 3 - Seeger had COVID, Attica had injuries game cancelled
Wk 4 - Attica had low numbers, game cancelled
Wk 9 - Attica COVID, game cancelled

It has been a LONG year, so those reasons may not be perfectly right, but I do know they were doing everything possible to play the games, every week, despite having sometimes 13 active players. No backups at any skill positions. They are just taking it one game at a time.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

For information on the Attica program call 765-762-7000. Ask for AD Bruce Patton or head coach Theron Schmid. I’m sure they’d be happy to answer your questions. I swear to God they would!

You have the connections make a call for us. I’ll see if I can get PH contact and we can ask them about their games 

11 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You have the connections make a call for us. I’ll see if I can get PH contact and we can ask them about their games 

I’m not the one asking questions and accusing them of ditching games so I’ll pass and just rely on the info posted above. 

I cannot believe what I heard today. According to WRC By-Laws, a team must play all of their conference games to be eligible to win the WRC championship. Since North Vermillion was the only school to play all of their games, they are going to be named WRC champs for 2020??? This is a travesty. I can't believe the WRC ADs and Principals are going to let this stand. 

16 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I cannot believe what I heard today. According to WRC By-Laws, a team must play all of their conference games to be eligible to win the WRC championship. Since North Vermillion was the only school to play all of their games, they are going to be named WRC champs for 2020??? This is a travesty. I can't believe the WRC ADs and Principals are going to let this stand. 

In the year of the covids I don’t think it really matters . 

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

This cant be true.....SV undefeated, WRC Champs!

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Conference Championships are all out the window 10/23.

Everyone was lucky to get on the field this year with the covids. I swear to God they were. 2nd and foremost it’s obvious the former D1’s were the best in the WRC with the Woofs right behind them. Sectional play will be interesting. SV-Seegers in a rematch of their shootout and more than likely the Woofs should meet South Putnams in the finale. 

Edited by Donnie Baker

The Indy Star had an article and somewhere in it was stated that Fountain County is at the red level, meaning they have had a serious rise in Covid cases.  I could see all of the schools shut it down if the trend continues.

If a team has 13-15 players to suit up and the possibility that any of them were exposed, I wouldn't want to play them.  You get your team exposed and you miss the tourney.  I wouldn't take the chance.

Of course if you're JohnnyFootball you know it all.  It's just teams playing selectively.  Part of a scheme to scuttle the successful season by South Vermillion and throw the WRC into chaos.  Everything these days is always some grand scheme.  Man, there is still a pandemic going on and the second wave is getting ready to hit, if it hasn't started already.  Everybody went back to 'normal' and now there's a real chance that a large number of teams won't get to play in the tourney.  I hope and pray that doesn't happen.

• Like 2