Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2020 Talent Composite - Purdue Makes Big Jump / IU holds steady

Guest DT

Georgia moves past Bama into the top spot.

Pudue jumps from 51 to 38 from 2019 to 2020, big move ahead for the Boilers and a sign of significant recruiting improvement by Brohm and staff

IU still holding at #53, ahead of only Minnesota and Rutgers in the B10  (hard to believe Minn is #13 in B10 based on their recent performance)

SEC is unbelievable, with 11 schools in the Top 26.

Penn State starting to pull away from Michigan for #2 in the B10.  

Mac Brown making huge gains at North Carolina

ND moves yup to #8 from #14 last year.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

3 hours ago, southend said:

Iu is still fighting its image. Rightfully so. Until they produce on the field, 5 and 4 stars are not going to give them a whiff. The bowl game last year ,the coaches lost ,would have been a real turning point in the Allen era, if they had won. 

Agree.  Hard to fault any 4 star or 5 star for not giving IU a look.  The Big 4 (Alabama/Georgia/Clemson/Ohio State) have pulled so far out in front of everyone else its difficult to see how any can catch up.  These 4 have a total monopoly on the 5 Star talent.  I could possibly see Florida with Dan Mullen breaking into that group at some point.  And maybe ND or Texas could breakthru.

I think the only hope for IU long term is if the B10 decides that too much power resides in the East and the conference has become too unbalanced.  The way to correct this, to IUs advantage, would be to go to a North-South alignment.  This alignment recognizes the 4 Super Powers (OSU/MICH/PS/NEB) , as well as the OSU-MICH rivalry, and separates them equally into oppositie divisions:

Big 10 North

Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Purdue, MIchigan, Michigan State

Big 10 South

Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland

Ha you know, I have looked at this for a long time, the Big 10 divisions, and at this point I don’t think any change would be drastic enough to help Indiana.  It starts with money, pony up for coaches who can attract talent, win a few important games, then the school gets on the radar of the high schools. Period.  
Coaches, that are willing to accept the challenge, and they have to be compensated big time. 
You have in the past pointed out Kentucky program.  If I’m a wildcat alum, I’m pretty excited about football. I don’t think realignment has had any thing to do with the granule success that they have had. 
I could go on and on here. 

7 minutes ago, southend said:

Ha you know, I have looked at this for a long time, the Big 10 divisions, and at this point I don’t think any change would be drastic enough to help Indiana.  It starts with money, pony up for coaches who can attract talent, win a few important games, then the school gets on the radar of the high schools. Period.  
Coaches, that are willing to accept the challenge, and they have to be compensated big time. 
You have in the past pointed out Kentucky program.  If I’m a wildcat alum, I’m pretty excited about football. I don’t think realignment has had any thing to do with the granule success that they have had. 
I could go on and on here. 

Good point.  KY has a huge talent advantage over IU.   Cats are #26 in the talent composit with 20 four stars and IU is #53 with 5 four stars.   Not even close. 

Indiana has always been short sighted with respect to sports image. 
The administrators have this idea that everyone wants to attend our school. 
Before Jerry Yagley showed up, nobody heard of Soccer at indiana, before Sam Bell showed up nobody heard of track at Indiana, before  Doc Councilman showed up, nobody heated of swimming at Indiana. Before Bob Knight showed up Indiana was called a basketball state but he took the university program to a unprecedented  level. 
The athletes need an incentive to attend a school. 

58 minutes ago, southend said:

Not if it means you’re going to get the business end of a 2x4 every Saturday

I would think a mature athlete would ruminate "We may be getting beat every Saturday, but at least I'm getting my education paid for.  My playing days won't last forever......."

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

I would think a mature athlete would ruminate "We may be getting beat every Saturday, but at least I'm getting my education paid for.  My playing days won't last forever......."

Mature athlete? Certainly. Add 5 star rating to that maturity, nada.  

Sure looks like Alabama's 5 stars are still better than Georgia's 5 stars.  Tide put a whuppin on the Dawgs yesterday.

They should just cancel the rest of the college football season and have Bama and Clemson play a best 2 out of 3 to determine the NC.

9 hours ago, DT said:

Sure looks like Alabama's 5 stars are still better than Georgia's 5 stars.  Tide put a whuppin on the Dawgs yesterday.

They should just cancel the rest of the college football season and have Bama and Clemson play a best 2 out of 3 to determine the NC.

Ok, then that settles it. Ohio state is in the second tier nationally. I couldn’t be happier. 

• Haha 1