Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 9 Scores and Updates - 2020

6 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

Linton 27, Providence 7 - Final

Miners were dominant on both sides of the ball tonight.   Probably their best overall game of the year.  They didn't give up a first down until there was about 3 minutes left in the third quarter.  I thought Providence was a little tougher.   The Miners did leave a couple of scores on the field.  They drove 95 yards to the one yard line and couldn't punch it in.  At that time the score was 0 - 0.  The Miners had over 400 yards total offense for the game.

Bloomington North 41 Southport 14 (8:00, 4th)

North's Tyree Rochell intercepted a pass at the goal line and returned it 94 yards to the Southport 6 yd line and Cody Mikulich ran it in for his 4th TD of the night.

16 hours ago, Bears62 said:

Harrison (WL) 41  Richmond 0 4:30 2Q

West Lafayette 26  Hamilton Heights 0 7:19 2Q

Marion 17  McCutcheon 0 HALF

Lafayette Jeff 27  Muncie Central 0 7:34 2Q

Westfield 35  Franklin Central 0 3:46 2Q

Avon 7  Noblesville 0 HALF

Zionsville 14  Fishers 0 :58 2Q

Tipton 21  LCC 7 6:11 2Q

Carmel 42  Lawrence Central 0 2Q

LN 17  Pike 7 4:17 2Q

Ben Davis 21  North Central 7 2Q

Roncalli 13  East Central 6 HALF

The Westfield/Franklin Central game was basically over after Westfield ran back the opening kickoff 98 yards for a TD. They were up 28-0 very early in the second quarter, when Coach Gilbert put in 3rd string QB Cole Ballard, son of Colt's GM Chris Ballard. Up 35-0 at halftime, the second half was uneventful with the running clock.

3 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

The Westfield/Franklin Central game was basically over after Westfield ran back the opening kickoff 98 yards for a TD. They were up 28-0 very early in the second quarter, when Coach Gilbert put in 3rd string QB Cole Ballard, son of Colt's GM Chris Ballard. Up 35-0 at halftime, the second half was uneventful with the running clock.

I’m not surprised at all, Westfield has to be considered a top 5 team in the state. I would put them at #3. If they played Cathedral again it would be a lot closer, was tough getting them week 1. I think Westfield will make it to state and absolutely have a chance at CG if they meet there.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bears62 said:

I’m not surprised at all, Westfield has to be considered a top 5 team in the state. I would put them at #3. If they played Cathedral again it would be a lot closer, was tough getting them week 1. I think Westfield will make it to state and absolutely have a chance at CG if they meet there.

This team definitely has a chance to do something in the tournament, as long as they stay healthy. 

As for playing Cathedral again, I think it would be a much better game. Maximus Webster was not the starting QB at the start of the season, and he's been absolutely on fire since assuming that job. It would have helped if they had had their usual opening game against Lafayette Harrison first, instead of that game moved to week 2. But it is what it is. I don't think overall they beat either Cathedral or CG regardless of when they play. This is an odd year where the two best teams in the state are in different classes.