• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Sectional 45

The games. 
Covington 4-3 @ Cloverdales 0-8

Riverton Parkes 2-4@ The Woofs of Parke Heritage 5-1

Attica 4-2@ North Vermillions 1-8

South Putnams 9-0 @ Fountain Centrals 1-5

The sectional almost looks seeded, I swear to God it does. I’ve said South Putnams since week 4. They made a strong statement last night against Heritage Christians. The Woofs are obviously their biggest threat but missing out playing 2 3A teams (for reasons still disputed) leaves them untested on the season with the exception of 2A South Vermillions. The winner gets to play whoever comes out of 46. Covanent Christians at 9-0 and Indy Lutherans at 8-1 are in opposite brackets but most see Lutherans winning 1A South. Hopefully the covids doesn’t screw things up more than it already has. 

9 minutes ago, speaglefan said:

Hoping you are right Mr. Baker!  Do to the Covids it looks like FC is headed to SP to play on Saturday instead of Friday night.  Time to be determined.  The Eagles want to play under the lights.

To be honest it’s not going to matter I swear to God it’s not

22 minutes ago, speaglefan said:

Definitely, thought the woofs would be commenting.  I am sure you will bring up something that will rattle their cage.

I usually just reply to their silly comments and take it from there. I’m more of a lover not a fighter. I swear to God I am!

4 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

What do you want to talk about Donnie? The games that may or may not be played this week or skip to what should be the championship game? Do you want to discuss how South Putnam looked Friday night? Please just let me know. 

Johnny needs some cranberry juice. I swear to God he does!

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

So you don’t have a topic in particular that you want to discuss? 

if you want to talk this week 

Covington 

PH

NV 

South Put. 

Only game that may be fun to watch is NV/Attica. Unless Covid takes out some players on other teams. 

Yes the topic is sectional 45 and beyond. I’ve heard some FC folks are mad that other sports have been shut down but football is still going. 

This week could prove to be one of the craziest weeks ever in the WRC.  You had all 3 Fountain County schools cancel football games scheduled for last week.  FC cancels out of cross country regional and volleyball sectional.  In the same county, Covington (even though their superintendent sent out a memo basically suspending all sports until further notice) go ahead and participate in the cross country regional and volleyball sectional.  Rambler Dan (same county) played volleyball Saturday.   Herbies (same health dept. as Fountain County) went on with business as usual.  NV and the D1’s appeared to be the same, but the D1’s missed a football game to no fault of their own.  And then in Parke County you have RP who has announced going back to school on elearning, canceling out of their volleyball sectional, not playing football, but allowing their cross country runners to run in the regional.  I heard the Wolfs were going back to school this week like normal. I think they played everything business as usual last week outside of their football game with FC.

So what happens this week?  Are we seeing a prime case of the haves and have nots playing out?  Will everyone play football?  Can 1 county school basically shut down while the other school goes on business as normal?  Can the D1’s, NV’s, Herbies go on while their neighbors try to pull the plug?  Does someone bring up title 9 if a school doesn’t play in volleyball sectional yet plays in football sectional?  Buckle up, sit back, and enjoy this crazy week in the WRC!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wrcsage said:

This week could prove to be one of the craziest weeks ever in the WRC.  You had all 3 Fountain County schools cancel football games scheduled for last week.  FC cancels out of cross country regional and volleyball sectional.  In the same county, Covington (even though their superintendent sent out a memo basically suspending all sports until further notice) go ahead and participate in the cross country regional and volleyball sectional.  Rambler Dan (same county) played volleyball Saturday.   Herbies (same health dept. as Fountain County) went on with business as usual.  NV and the D1’s appeared to be the same, but the D1’s missed a football game to no fault of their own.  And then in Parke County you have RP who has announced going back to school on elearning, canceling out of their volleyball sectional, not playing football, but allowing their cross country runners to run in the regional.  I heard the Wolfs were going back to school this week like normal. I think they played everything business as usual last week outside of their football game with FC.

So what happens this week?  Are we seeing a prime case of the haves and have nots playing out?  Will everyone play football?  Can 1 county school basically shut down while the other school goes on business as normal?  Can the D1’s, NV’s, Herbies go on while their neighbors try to pull the plug?  Does someone bring up title 9 if a school doesn’t play in volleyball sectional yet plays in football sectional?  Buckle up, sit back, and enjoy this crazy week in the WRC!

Holy Smokes!  

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yes it will be interested to see how it plays out. I can see issues if some sports in schools are being canceled and others are not. Doesn’t make sense not to play or cancel them all. 

What is the status of Covid in Putnam county? Any schools having issues? 

No issues right now.  We have all complained, but seems the limited #’s at the games and extra precautions bode well for us.  Know putnam county folks that went to the SV vs PH games and said there were no restrictions on #’s or mask.  Different story in Putnam County.  

I heard through the grapevine that the Wolfs are giving special treatment to their athletes this week in school in regards to Covid.  Sounds like they’re putting them in a bubble and saying the heck with all of the non-athletes in the building.  

32 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

I heard through the grapevine that the Wolfs are giving special treatment to their athletes this week in school in regards to Covid.  Sounds like they’re putting them in a bubble and saying the heck with all of the non-athletes in the building.  

Is that a bad thing?

33 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

@Coach Nowlincalls out Johnny football for attica somehow not playing the top schools all year (like everyone predicted) but allows this trash. 

Sounds like that is what every school was doing last week in some sports in the northern part of the conference. Looks like they protected the players that ran cross country and played volleyball. Make no sense. So I will refer to my question last week. Why are some schools not playing? 

Reasons 

Covid - then all sports/extracurricular activities in that school should be shut down 

Player safety- if there is a lack of players to safely play the the game. Then how do you justify playing some games and not others?

Competition - not playing because you are not able to compete