Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Sectional 45

13 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

It would be helpful to read the name of the thread. Then you might know who’s playing. I swear to God it would 

The title is 1A Sectional 45. For those of us that have no idea who is in sectional 45 just posting Ph and RP does not inform us of anything. I guess I could read back 5 pages to look for the information or go to another website. The part I read was as helpful as those guys on game night who's first post on the game night  thread posts Bears lead Tigers 7-0 without any other information. 90% of the people will have no idea which schools he is talking about.

14 minutes ago, sr1 said:

The title is 1A Sectional 45. For those of us that have no idea who is in sectional 45 just posting Ph and RP does not inform us of anything. I guess I could read back 5 pages to look for the information or go to another website. The part I read was as helpful as those guys on game night who's first post on the game night  thread posts Bears lead Tigers 7-0 without any other information. 90% of the people will have no idea which schools he is talking about.

You’ve lurked on WRC and other threads from this area for years. You’re not that naive. 2nd and foremost you don’t need to look through 5 pages when all the schools are listed in the first post. STATE LAW!

26 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

You’ve lurked on WRC and other threads from this area for years. You’re not that naive. 2nd and foremost you don’t need to look through 5 pages when all the schools are listed in the first post. STATE LAW!

Possibly he got confused by the other 6 teams playing today. H, N, SP, FC, CC and ND.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

As a moderator I very quickly skim through many threads. Not really interested in what the teams they are talking about, just looking to make sure there are no rules broken that need to be taken care of. As I said I clicked on the last page and wondered who they are talking about. There are 5 other pages to this thread. I did not go back through those five pages. If you are going to post about your team I may be wrong but I would guess that you want to actually share the information you are posting. The posts I quoted failed to do that. 

59 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

I have no idea what the WRC is or what area of the state it is located. 

For the people that normally read the post for the last 10 weeks it’s never been an issues using the common initials for the teams. 
next week PH will play C (Cloverdale) and SP (South Putnam) will play A (Attica) 

WRC (Wabash River Conference) the conference is located in western Indiana along the Indiana/Illinois boarder with schools north of 70 and South of 74 

19 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Then why did you comment? Was there a rule broken by using abbreviations in a thread specific to the Conference the teams belong to?

Because I wondered what teams he was talking about. Maybe I would have been interested If I knew the teams. 

If you don't want other people to take interest in your teams its ok with me. 

54 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

This weeks exciting matchups. 

Cloverdale Clovers 0-8 @ The Woofs of Parke Heritage 6-1

Attica Red Ramblers 5-2 @ South Putnams 10-0.

Both games will probably get ugly but I think the Ramblers will keep it tight for a while. 

I don't think so. South Put will roll by however many they want. They're legit. I think they give PH everything they can handle. I actually think South Put wins this sectional. PH doesn't like to play defense and SP will make them pay.

11 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

I don't think so. South Put will roll by however many they want. They're legit. I think they give PH everything they can handle. I actually think South Put wins this sectional. PH doesn't like to play defense and SP will make them pay.

I’ve said South Putnams almost all season. I still think Attica puts up a little fight before the bottom falls out. 

On 10/23/2020 at 11:46 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

I remember seeing TR playing with 10 kids on the field at the end of the game. 

I believe you're not allowed to play with less than 10 players.

Suggesting that a team picked when they wanted to play according to the difficulty of the schedule is really low if you don't have anything to support your position.  Suggesting that Attica will not play this week is just a cheap shot.

With Fountain and Warren Counties over 10% positivity, any of these teams could be shut down at any time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ballhawk said:

I believe you're not allowed to play with less than 10 players.

Suggesting that a team picked when they wanted to play according to the difficulty of the schedule is really low if you don't have anything to support your position.  Suggesting that Attica will not play this week is just a cheap shot.

With Fountain and Warren Counties over 10% positivity, any of these teams could be shut down at any time.

I’ve seen 2 Turkey Run games stopped before halftime because of injuries. They still had at least 11 players left but the refs and coach from the team beating them convinced them to call the game. I don’t think they allow 11 on 10. State law!

I will add a slight correction to my statement regarding the number of players.  You must begin a game with 11 but can play with less due to injury or illness.  The opponent is not required to reduce their number of players to match the other team.

I know Attica has the right to do whatever they choose.  I do hope that they aren't choosing to skip games because of the message that sends to your players.  If I were a player, I'd want to play no matter what and I would not be happy if my school chose to forfeit instead of giving us a chance.