Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Sectional 45

1 hour ago, wrcsage said:

I can just tell by what I read.  The Wolfs are coached by a hall of famer who has won over 200 games.  The South Putnams are not.  The Wolfs will have at least the 2 best players on the field.  South Putnams are not as good offensively as the D1’s were/are.  That is why the D1’s were able to beat the Wolfs...because they could match them score for score.  Personally, I hope the game ends in a tie, but that is not possible.  So I am going with the hall of famer and the juggernaut offense.  It is extremely to the Wolfs’ advantage that the South Putnams have never seen them.

Wow!   You folks have a real disinformation campaign over there.

read thru my post:

no bad comments about PH at all.  Respect the team and  their coaching staff.

what I did read was disrespect to the SP team and coach.  That is the kind of stuff that gets hung in the locker room.  

I don’t think any coach likes propaganda like that out there feeding fires.

I will let the kids settle the debate out in the field.  May the best team win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, speaglefan said:

Wow!   You folks have a real disinformation campaign over there.

read thru my post:

no bad comments about PH at all.  Respect the team and  their coaching staff.

what I did read was disrespect to the SP team and coach.  That is the kind of stuff that gets hung in the locker room.  

I don’t think any coach likes propaganda like that out there feeding fires.

I will let the kids settle the debate out in the field.  May the best team win.

FYI—-I am not a Wolfs fan.  If you have read through any of the WRC threads you would know that.  But I may become a fan of the juggernaut for one week this season!  I don’t think I ever disrespected the South Putnams or their coach.  I just stated facts. I will now change my prediction to Wolfs 86, South Putnams 28.  

43 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

FYI—-I am not a Wolfs fan.  If you have read through any of the WRC threads you would know that.  But I may become a fan of the juggernaut for one week this season!  I don’t think I ever disrespected the South Putnams or their coach.  I just stated facts. I will now change my prediction to Wolfs 86, South Putnams 28.  

You don’t think Heritage Christians was a good opponent? They have a legitimate shot at 2A regional and maybe more. The Woofs couldn’t even beat an over ranked South Vermilions team. They could’ve played some competition twice but didn’t because of reasons only used for Attica. I gotta go 

4 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

You don’t think Heritage Christians was a good opponent? They have a legitimate shot at 2A regional and maybe more. The Woofs couldn’t even beat an over ranked South Vermilions team. They could’ve played some competition twice but didn’t because of reasons only used for Attica. I gotta go 

I don’t think I ever said South Putnams played no good opponents?  HC is no better than the D1’s.  I would bet the D1’s have the best player between the two.  The Wolfs are a juggernaut and have the exact scenario I’ve been toad they want....to play a team that is not familiar with them.  It is put up or shut up time for the Wolfs....and I am taking the Wolfs....because there is no way they can lose another big game.  The odds are with them and so is the talent/coaching.  

4 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

I don’t think I ever said South Putnams played no good opponents?  HC is no better than the D1’s.  I would bet the D1’s have the best player between the two.  The Wolfs are a juggernaut and have the exact scenario I’ve been toad they want....to play a team that is not familiar with them.  It is put up or shut up time for the Wolfs....and I am taking the Wolfs....because there is no way they can lose another big game.  The odds are with them and so is the talent/coaching.  

I’d say HC is way better than SV. I hate like hell to agree with Rebs but the big games are the one the HOFer hasn’t won in years. The jugernots will get slowed down by a physical defense. Add that with ball control and ground and pound it’s not a good combo for the Woofs. 

7 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

I’d say HC is way better than SV. I hate like hell to agree with Rebs but the big games are the one the HOFer hasn’t won in years. The jugernots will get slowed down by a physical defense. Add that with ball control and ground and pound it’s not a good combo for the Woofs. 

Like I said earlier, I hope the game ends in a tie.  However, I don’t think physicality affects the Wolfs offense....their defense, that may be a different story.  Time will tell.  

4 minutes ago, WWFan said:

My guess would be the negative ones getting handed out for the sake of giving negative rep on every post because you didn't like someone. 

A negative vote doesn't mean anything anymore. It just means someone didn't like what the poster wrote.  It doesn't deduct from your overall points since the day they hid the reputation count. 

• Disdain 1

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

A negative vote doesn't mean anything anymore. It just means someone didn't like what the poster wrote.  It doesn't deduct from your overall points since the day they hid the reputation count. 

Yes im aware. But thought the limit was prior to that going into effect. Like the first step before they hid reputation all together

8 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I’m out of those sticker things. There shouldn’t be a limit! STATE LAW!

Dam straight !

8 hours ago, speaglefan said:

😂. What’s up with sticker limit anyway?  

...and why can't you keep the ones you don't use and stockpile ?

8 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I dunno. I'm out too. Didn't think I had left that many. Maybe 5 a day?

why can't I give you mine ? they are just sitting there.....

and....why can't I use all 5(?) on one post if I like that post enuf ?

7 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I thought I'd test this theory....

edit.... I only get 2....how sad !

Edited by dazed and confused
adding comment
  • Like 1
  • Sit and spin 1

Man, some real false information in here, I have no dog in this fight. But there are some blatant lies made in here. South Put IS NOT a dirty team. I've seen them play multiple times, once against my own team. And should Parke Heritage really be talking about someone not playing anyone? Who did they play?! Didn't even play Seeger. Played SV and lost. Get real. Parke Heritage has played absolutely no one. I could care less who wins. but i'll telll you what, South Put will smack PH in the mouth. Will PH respond or will they cower?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Let's actual talk about this game.......

Parke Heritage - They will score points, are they good enough on D? How do they slow down SP? Scheme? Blitz?

South Putnam - Can they slow down PH's Offense? What is a realistic score? 

Thoughts on players, coaching, or strategy?

South Put has a physical running game. They'll pass too but they run a lot more. Their offensive line is massive. I think they'll impose their will on the PH defense. 

PH seems to love to throw. Does South Put have the DBs and secondary to keep up? 

Whoever gets the ball last could win just like the PH/NV title game last year.

7 hours ago, wvigo13 said:

Man, some real false information in here, I have no dog in this fight. But there are some blatant lies made in here. South Put IS NOT a dirty team. I've seen them play multiple times, once against my own team. And should Parke Heritage really be talking about someone not playing anyone? Who did they play?! Didn't even play Seeger. Played SV and lost. Get real. Parke Heritage has played absolutely no one. I could care less who wins. but i'll telll you what, South Put will smack PH in the mouth. Will PH respond or will they cower?

After listening to the game Friday, and now watching the first half online, my judgement on the discipline of SP was 110% correct. Late hits out of bounds (twice), taunting once, blind side cheap blocks away from the play on 2 punt returns, resulting in flags, and the famous “body slam.” But the fact none of those big lineman have their 5XL undershirts tucked is what makes me the most annoyed lol. Their dancing and jumping around and extra stuff isn’t what my old school soul likes either but to each their own. 6 personal fouls in 2 weeks wouldn’t happen at PH or for woody Hayes, and after a player receives a flag they continue to play without being pulled for a play. 

better coach-PH 

OFFENSE

better QB- PH 

better receivers-PH 

better RB’s-SP 

better o-line-SP (I will admit they are huge but can those big guys handle picking up the fast d-line of PH? Not 125  DE’s line Attica had)

better kicker-PH 

better special teams-PH 

DEFENSE 

better secondary-PH

better LB’s-SP

better d-line- not sure, parke heritage has smaller 200-220 lb d lineman who move around, south put has two 250lb and one 220 lb d lineman. I know roster weight might be exaggerated, but I don’t see those d lineman getting the type of pressure on johnson it will take to slow him down. 

I also got my hands on Heritage Christian game and watched a few minutes, the D1’s and Seeger would both beat them. 

parke heritage is smaller and elusive. They have 4 receivers, sometimes 5 that can score every series. They have damn near 100 formations I bet and they have the best QB in 1A who can run as well as he can throw. I’m sure you guys are tired of me saying they have only punted less than 5 times in 2 seasons. Their defense will be the determining factor. Moore will have them ready I believe to get some stops against the SP run game and force them to throw. 

south put has not had a close game all season and they know how good they are, just watch a game of theirs for 10 minutes and they will wink at camera and blow you a kiss. They are huge and physical and will try to run the wolves over. As I said for PH, their defense will be the deciding factor, I am not sure the answer to slow them down, if they can, they will win. 

going to be one hell of a game!

does anyone know if Seeger has shot at winning the sectional?

Edited by Oldbleacherfan
Typo