Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

SIAC Postseason

Rematch btwn Central & Memorial looks to be one of best Sectional Championship games in state this week.  Memorial is improving every week and the ghosts of the past might be catching up with the Bears.  Hopefully Coultis can dissuade his players from the "selfish" penalties - his words, not mine - that plagued the Bears last year and ended their season earlier than expected.

Disappointed to see Evans taunting the Boonville DB as he crossed the goal line last night.  Until recently, he seemed able to avoid the more foolish impulses that often got the best of his older brothers. Central has more talent but a lack of discipline could cost them against a team like Memorial.  I still like the Bears 31-17 but would not be surprised by an upset here.

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

We been wondering where you were this year. Glad you're ok.

Likewise nice to see familiar names still keeping up with the goings on of ihsaa football.  Me , i took up hiking been hitting all the local state and federal forests trails in a 50-100 mile radius (and there are a lot in south central indiana) .  A break from politics/covid/riots/ and my own personal misfortunes this year.  And the panthers had a ho hum season in moriarity's retirement season.  I like Gabe Johnson but im not sure how he will fare here. Moriarity had a longstanding familiarity of bhss since his playing days at martinsville were near the time period that saw the panthers go 60-0 in a 6 year period  he knew the ins and outs of the program and how to coach them here.  Even after the districts changed here in 2000-2010 that saw long time panther communities re routed to bhsn mo still came here and had a successful run. Now i feel like south will drift back down into the kirk kennedy / drew wood era's unless gabe johnson is as good a coach as mo which could work out but  not extremely likely. 

Hadn't thought much of H.S. football but i did  think about the ci pickem i ran for the last several seasons just wasnt up to it this year.  Good luck to you all . Probably my only log in till next year...... 

P.S. did 'The Dude'   ever come back? The guy siac guy that had the 812 poll every year?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

Central has more talent but a lack of discipline could cost them against a team like Memorial.  I still like the Bears 31-17 but would not be surprised by an upset here.

The Tigers are heavy underdogs this week.  We have several key players out with season-ending injuries and Central is very talented.  It will be a tough challenge to stay in this game.  

SECTIONAL 15
Castle (6-3) at Bloomington North (5-4)
GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Martin Field.
COACHES: Doug Hurt, 110-61 in 15th year at Castle. Scott Bless, 70-100 in 16th year at Bloomington North, 85-130 in 21st year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Castle, 70.63, 54th overall, 13th in 5A. Bloomington North, 70.14, 58th overall, 14th in 5A.
LAST OUTING: Castle defeated Bloomington South, 28-0. Bloomington North defeated Evansville North, 55-41.
VS. COMMON FOES: Castle 1-1; Bloomington North 1-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Castle 51-42. Bloomington North 39-44.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Bloomington North, 2-1
LAST MEETING: Castle, 28-21, OT, Nov. 1, 2019, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Castle, 28-24.

SECTIONAL 24
Evansville Central (11-0) at Evansville Memorial (8-3)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Enlow Field.
COACHES: Sean Coultis, 20-3 in 2nd year at Central. John Hurley, 108-58 in 13th year at Memorial.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Central, 87.03, 17th overall, 4th in 4A. Memorial, 69.26, 64th overall, 14th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Central defeated Boonville, 56-18. Memorial defeated Evansville Reitz, 45-21.
VS. COMMON FOES: Central 9-0; Memorial 7-2.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Central 53-57. Memorial 56-57.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Memorial, 19-18
LAST MEETING: Evansville Central, 21-10, Sep. 4, 2020.
jh PREDICTION: Central, 28-17.
SECTIONAL 40
Evansville Mater Dei (7-4) at Linton-Stockton (8-3)
GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Williams Field.
COACHES: Mike Goebel, 234-75 in 24th year at Mater Dei. Brian Oliver, 81-20 in 8th year at Linton.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Mater Dei, 66.01, 74th overall, 4th in 2A. Linton, 55.61, 113th overall, 14th in 2A.
LAST OUTING: Mater Dei defeated North Knox, 30-19. Linton defeated North Posey, 47-17.
VS. COMMON FOES: Mater Dei 1-0; Linton 0-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Mater Dei 54-57. Linton 53-53.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Mater Dei, 3-0
LAST MEETING: Mater Dei, 44-20, Nov. 1, 2019, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Mater Dei, 28-24.

Castle in a close one 

Can’t go against Central right now, Central 

MD by a FG

Castle-BNorth- BNorth was in an shootout with North all game, I expect this one a lot closer, 28-21 Castle 

MD-Linton: Coach Goebels? I don't know about this one MD, Linton is playing some good ball right now as well as the Wildcats. Give me, 30-27 MD 

Everyone's favorite game of the year:  

Central-Memorial: Last time these 2 meet, Central won 21-10 and Memorial kept it pretty tight for most of the game. However, both teams are streaky right now with wins, especially Memorial. Can this improved Memorial team take down the undefeated Bears? They will be close, but the Bears will win it in the bitter to face an almighty Mooresville team in the Regional, Central over Memorial, 28-20 Central

On 10/31/2020 at 12:05 PM, MuleDriver said:

Likewise nice to see familiar names still keeping up with the goings on of ihsaa football.  Me , i took up hiking been hitting all the local state and federal forests trails in a 50-100 mile radius (and there are a lot in south central indiana) .  A break from politics/covid/riots/ and my own personal misfortunes this year.  And the panthers had a ho hum season in moriarity's retirement season.  I like Gabe Johnson but im not sure how he will fare here. Moriarity had a longstanding familiarity of bhss since his playing days at martinsville were near the time period that saw the panthers go 60-0 in a 6 year period  he knew the ins and outs of the program and how to coach them here.  Even after the districts changed here in 2000-2010 that saw long time panther communities re routed to bhsn mo still came here and had a successful run. Now i feel like south will drift back down into the kirk kennedy / drew wood era's unless gabe johnson is as good a coach as mo which could work out but  not extremely likely. 

Hadn't thought much of H.S. football but i did  think about the ci pickem i ran for the last several seasons just wasnt up to it this year.  Good luck to you all . Probably my only log in till next year...... 

P.S. did 'The Dude'   ever come back? The guy siac guy that had the 812 poll every year?

Good to hear from you.  Like Gonzo, I hope all is well.

No word from “The Dude”, btw, to answer your question....probably been 2-3 years now.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

How far does Memorial need to advance over the next two years to stay in 4A?

Memorial will be in 4A for the next 2 years.  In the extremely unlikely event we were to win this week and next, we would move to 5A for the next 2 years.  

8 hours ago, tango said:

Memorial will be in 4A for the next 2 years.  In the extremely unlikely event we were to win this week and next, we would move to 5A for the next 2 years.  

Which wouldn't be fun at all 

Any word if the games will be livestream this weekend, especially S24

35 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Which wouldn't be fun at all 

Any word if the games will be livestream this weekend, especially S24

Like last year, I don't think anything will be livestreamed until Regional. I don't think any of the local stations ever do tournament streaming. 

40 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Beware of fake links to various indiana games on youtube...they are designed to steal your credit card number.

Hmm. I just assumed there was an Eastern European guy named Boris broadcasting the games.  Seemed legit.  😀

In past years, these phishing attempts really didn't start popping up until playoffs.  Thanks to COVID I know they were around as early as week 2, as my extended family out of town almost fell for one. Crazy times 

1 minute ago, oldtimeqb said:

Hmm. I just assumed there was an Eastern European guy named Boris broadcasting the games.  Seemed legit.  😀

In past years, these phishing attempts really didn't start popping up until playoffs.  Thanks to COVID I know they were around as early as week 2, as my extended family out of town almost fell for one. Crazy times 

We had a local bar actually advertise to come watch the game on one of these links....I set them straight.  If a bad guy does this nation wide....seems like a lucrative business model.

On 10/31/2020 at 1:09 PM, tango said:

The Tigers are heavy underdogs this week.  We have several key players out with season-ending injuries and Central is very talented.  It will be a tough challenge to stay in this game.  

I think the term "Down, but not out" always applies to teams like Memorial; disciplined, well coached, determined. They may have had some unfortunate injuries late in the season but if a team comes in a little over confident - something the Bears have been guilty of at times - the Tigers could steal one.  Central has all the tools to go deep in the tournament but have tripped themselves up at times, IMO.  Best of luck to both teams.