Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Postseason

3 minutes ago, tango said:

Nothing to hang our heads about in this one.  Central should have beat us by 21+.  Bears’ season ends next week against Mooresville.  Congrats to MD and Castle, two classy programs.

So close, but yet so far. I am feeling good about next year

Edited by TigerFan20

11 minutes ago, fartfry18 said:

Overall, I think the SIAC was filled with young talent this year. Should be even stronger next year.

Memorial returns everyone with strong overall classes, on lose 6 seniors 

2021 preseason thread will go up depending how regionals go

Edited by TigerFan20

What a great football game that was!

Both teams fought hard from the opening kickoff to the final horn.  Both teams also played pretty well, I thought.  Not too many penalties, solid execution.  And nobody left anything out there on the field.

Loved the sportsmanship from some of the Central players at the end.  Best of luck to the Bears the rest of the way!

10 hours ago, tango said:

Bears’ season ends next week against Mooresville.

Maybe.  I’ve said this before, but Mooresville was awfully good last year.  Easily the best team we played all year.  Elite up front, very well-coached and disciplined.  And it certainly looks like they’re back in the mix this season.

For a team to beat Ev. Central, they’re (obviously) going to have to find a way to contain that 3-headed monster of a ground game.

Madison is a beast of a power back. He just can’t be tackled the way a HS back is typically tackled.  He’s not only huge, he’s pretty nimble for his size and he has great leg drive.  If he’s able to get even a tiny head of steam, he’s going to gain some positive yardage.  And the more steam he gets, the harder he is to get down.

And, of course, he’s complemented by the elusive and lightning quick Evans and the combo threat of Boberg.  Choose your poison, defenses.

Offensively, Central’s Achilles heel is their passing game.  If that was even just a bit better, they’d be almost impossible to stop on that side of the ball.

Mooresville runs a spread offense this year QB is big  can run the ball and can throw the rock around they have a bunch of skill position players that make plays with both running backs back from last year to. How big is EC up front on line and what is there strong suit on defense. Haven’t seen them on film yet but not being from down there just wanted some of your thoughts from conference. I know they love to run the ball as I saw in earlier game in sectionals against Jasper they ran 49 plays all were runs.

11 hours ago, tango said:

Nothing to hang our heads about in this one.  Central should have beat us by 21+.  Bears’ season ends next week against Mooresville.  Congrats to MD and Castle, two classy programs.

How do you figure that Central was a 3 TD favorite. Memorial showed improvement all year and had an impressive game plan. Beating Jasper and Memorial on the road are two impressive wins for any team in the state regardless of class.

38 minutes ago, Mopi11 said:

Mooresville runs a spread offense this year QB is big  can run the ball and can throw the rock around they have a bunch of skill position players that make plays with both running backs back from last year to. How big is EC up front on line and what is there strong suit on defense. Haven’t seen them on film yet but not being from down there just wanted some of your thoughts from conference. I know they love to run the ball as I saw in earlier game in sectionals against Jasper they ran 49 plays all were runs.

Offensively, Central is not real big up front.  But they’re effective enough in run blocking to do what they need to create space for their backs.  The problem for defenses is how they can kill you both up the gut and around the ends.  They often put Evans in motion and use a lot of misdirection.

Just now, MHSTigerFan said:

Offensively, Central is not real big up front.  But they’re effective enough in run blocking to do what they need to create space for their backs.  The problem for defenses is how they can kill you both up the gut and around the ends.  They often put Evans in motion and use a lot of misdirection.

I believe Central’s biggest player on their o line is 6’7 270, everyone else is pretty undersized 

C'Grats Castle knights.  Always nice to see BHSN lose .  Look forward to next season hope they dont reroute the sectional. Bhss had 3 weeks off and numerous varsity players out (7 starters covid) in the sectional vs castle.. Im not sure south would have won even had they had those guys but sure  it would have been a bit more competitive.  I sort of like being matched up with the knights but wish the sectional could be under a different format so that bhss wouldn't have to drive to castle every singe time....... Does anyone know if the ping pong balls pick which team is in the bottom part of the bracket or is that based on geography?  Because it has fallen that way every time the teams have played in the postseason, 

1 hour ago, MuleDriver said:

Does anyone know if the ping pong balls pick which team is in the bottom part of the bracket or is that based on geography?  Because it has fallen that way every time the teams have played in the postseason, 

Sectionals are completely up to the luck of the draw as to where you are placed in the bracket.  There has been much discussion of seeding the sectionals but the IHSAA has shown little interest in this.

58 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Sectionals are completely up to the luck of the draw as to where you are placed in the bracket.  There has been much discussion of seeding the sectionals but the IHSAA has shown little interest in this.

Get some hardware MD this week, impressed by your improvement 

• Thanks 1

Jeffersonville (5-5) at Castle (7-3)
GAME TIME: 6:30 pm CT, Lidy Field.
COACHES: Isaac Parker, 9-12 in 2nd year at Jeffersonville. Doug Hurt, 111-61 in 15th year at Castle.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Castle, 74.46, 40th overall, 11th in 5A. Jeffersonville, 49.31, 140th overall, 27th in 5A.
LAST OUTING: Jeffersonville defeated New Albany, 35-25. Castle defeated Bloomington North, 35-24.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Jeffersonville 50-48. Castle 58-48.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Castle, 10-3
LAST MEETING: Castle, 50-29, Nov. 2, 2012, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Castle, 31-14.

Mooresville (11-1) at Evansville Central (12-0)
GAME TIME: 6:30 pm CT, Bear Den.
COACHES: Mike Gillin, 35-15 in 4th year at Mooresville, 340-132 in 42nd year overall. Sean Coultis, 21-3 in 2nd year at Central.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Mooresville, 89.91, 12th overall, 1st in 4A. Central, 88.46, 18th overall, 4th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Mooresville defeated Martinsville, 52-27. Central defeated Evansville Memorial, 24-21.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Mooresville 66-61. Central 63-62.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.
jh PREDICTION: Central, 31-30.
Triton Central (10-1) at Evansville Mater Dei (8-4)
GAME TIME: 6:30 pm CT, Reitz Bowl.
COACHES: Tim Able, 72-26 in 8th year at Triton Central, 197-124 in 28th year overall. Mike Goebel, 235-75 in 24th year at Mater Dei.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Mater Dei, 68.78, 65th overall, 3rd in 2A. Triton Central, 62.82, 85th overall, 7th in 2A.
LAST OUTING: Triton Central defeated Providence, 35-7. Mater Dei defeated Linton-Stockton, 37-20.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Triton Central 55-58. Mater Dei 64-62.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Mater Dei, 2-1
LAST MEETING: Triton Central, 13-7, Nov. 16, 2019, regional.
jh PREDICTION: Mater Dei, 24-21.

Castle

Central-Mooresville tossup 

MD goes to SS

Ah, I am late on this: 

Castle-Jville: Give me the Knights in this one, since they are the better team, 35-7 Castle 

MD-TC. Coach Goebels is damn good football coach, hello Semi State. However, TC keeps it close the entire game, 35-27 MD 

Mooresville-Central: After a lot of thought about this one, I will lean towards Mooresville. They are clearly an hell of an team, like last year when Memorial played them. Central will be tough and could possibly win the game. It wouldn’t surprise me one but especially last week when I thought we had the game in the bag, however, the score will be more comfortable for the Pioneers. Central’s historic season will unfortunately end tonight, but the Bears will not go out weak. 28-16 Mooresville