Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Postseason 2020

19 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Very interesting!!  Does this keep Pioneer on their heels because of not knowing??     Do the Lancers take down the Panthers finally!   Lewellen;s from what I have personly witnessed do not and i repeat do not like contact!!!!       This folks is gonna be a ball game....

Doesn't necessarily keep us on our heels but we'll need to be prepared for both. I thought their best stuff was when they were in wishbone several years ago, and lately it seems like they run a little bit of everything trying to find an identity.

I will respectfully disagree on the twins not liking contact. I have seen both of them take some hellacious hits and come back the next play harder than they had prior.

2 hours ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Very interesting!!  Does this keep Pioneer on their heels because of not knowing??     Do the Lancers take down the Panthers finally!   Lewellen;s from what I have personly witnessed do not and i repeat do not like contact!!!!       This folks is gonna be a ball game....

I can tell you from an UP CLOSE, personal point of view, the Lewellen's never shied away from contact and in every case, THEY initiated it.

I have ZERO ties to the young men or Pioneer HS.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Football Guru 25 said:

That's funny. 

I remember last season one of the Lewellen twins decided not to cut up field where he would have just out ran everyone.. instead ran right at a defender and just trucked him over and still went for 40+ yard td. 

Neither one of them are afraid of contact. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2020 at 9:42 PM, TheStatGuy said:

That was a good win for Triton...

really happy for the Caston kids. Didn't have Hickle or Sullivan either. 

LaVille kept it on the ground against LaVille. I think the first two times dill touched the ball he on offense he scooted for TDS. Bettcher and DeWitt looked good. Glad to see Ayden Doyle out there on D. Cass battled tough but their offensive line couldnt get any push besides Moss and Tyler Johnson... Meister, Tyson Johnson and Lytle played their hearts out too. LJ Hillis and Cam Frye are gonna be good ones. 

Really pumped for the Warriors. Heard Russell Compton played a great game on D. The D and Special teams came up big Friday night. Trent Fox, Hayden Clark, Compton and Jaden Terry did well on offense....off for the week... Good week to heal some bumps and bruises and prepare for North Judson for the sectional title. @CoachDurhamwish both teams could have battled this up and coming week!

Cooper Frye** 

Was watching Ferris bueller when i was typing this

17 hours ago, Football Guru 25 said:

It will definitely be a ball game.   Just not a close one.    Pioneer is a FAR BETTER team than laville.   Pioneer by 28 points or more.  

• Like 2

Friday, Oct. 30
Calumet at Knox, 8 pm
Pioneer at LaVille, 7:30 pm
Culver at North Judson, 7:30 pm
Triton at Adams Central, 7 pm
Caston at Southwood, 7 pm

Knox- May be the only interesting game of the week. Calumet doesn't have a big enough sample size for me to gauge on. 28-20

Pioneer- Laville is hoping it will be close but I don't see it. Pioneer by 28+

NJSP- A lot less scoring than the first game but game will still have similar result 35-7

Adams Central- Triton had a good win last round but don't see it happening again. 28-10

Southwood- Congrats to Caston on a much improved season but Southwood is tough. 50-6

On 10/27/2020 at 1:28 PM, Football Guru 25 said:

Wont even be close. Pioneer will crush them.

The one good thing about the HNAC first round games. Other than one team they all had a losing record. The draw did them favors.

On 10/18/2020 at 6:46 PM, FinePrint said:

I would expect half the HNAC teams to be playing for sectional titles on November 6, and at least 2 to claim titles.  Triton and Caston are toast in Sectional 44, although the Comets could get a sectional win for the first time since 2014!  The Trojans are a long shot against Busco, but I wouldn't use pen to write the team from Turtletown into the semis.  Winamac and NJ should battle for the Sectional 41 title, eliminating Culver along the way.  But it's Judson's to lose in my opinion.  Pioneer and LaVille should get their 2020 meeting in the semis as the Panthers cruise to the Sectional 34 title.  And Knox has a chance to claim the Sectional 25 crown if they can pull things together.  They got a favorable draw.

The most would be three.

On 10/25/2020 at 2:29 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

How about the HNAC!

All eight teams pick up a victory.

So very happy for Coach Porter and the Caston Comets . . .  nice work guys

And Triton, not expected to win . . . . got off to a good start and held off Churubusco.  Kudos, gentlemen!

Knox, Pioneer, NJSP, and LaVille continue to a consistent 'Business As Usual' beat.

There is a reason they call it special teams.  Just ask Winamac.

Friday, Oct. 23
Knox 56, Benton Central 22
LaVille 27, Cass 0
Pioneer 38, Delphi 8
Winamac 21, South Central 14
Culver 48, Lake Station 29
North Judson 54, West Central 0
Triton 24, Churubusco 14
Caston 34, North Miami 28

Now its time for sectional semifinals

Friday, Oct. 30
Calumet at Knox, 8 pm
Pioneer at LaVille, 7:30 pm
Culver at North Judson, 7:30 pm
Triton at Adams Central, 7 pm
Caston at Southwood, 7 pm

Who are your winners in the IHSAA State Tournament Week #2?

I don't see a close game at all this week. 

Calumet by least 21

Pioneer by 28

Judson by 35

Adam's Central by least 21

Southwood by 42.  

Calumet ends knox’s “state” run EARLY!

Pioneer by 35 or however much they want to win by...

Jays by 40. The Cavs wanted it twice last year and are asking for the same this year.

Adams central will have the jv in by halftime. Great year for Caston.

Southwood by 20. Triton might hang for a few quarters.

I'm just looking forward to what @Spanky Harper has to say this week... 

Calumet 28 Knox 21 - I don't know too much on Calumet, but imagine it'll be the closest game of the week. 

Pioneer 42 Laville 10 - Pioneer will roll. 

North Judson 58 Culver 12 - North Judson will roll. 

Adams Central 35 Triton 7 - Another interesting matchup as Triton seems to be playing well, but AC will be too much to handle. 

Southwood 60 Caston 0 - If Sam Smith and Hickle are out that's a bummer for Caston... good to see them playing in the second round of sectionals and imagine they'll grow from here. 

19 hours ago, Bjp7227 said:

Calumet ends knox’s “state” run EARLY!

Pioneer by 35 or however much they want to win by...

Jays by 40. The Cavs wanted it twice last year and are asking for the same this year.

Adams central will have the jv in by halftime. Great year for Caston.

Southwood by 20. Triton might hang for a few quarters.

I think you got some games turned around there.

Friday, Oct. 30
Calumet at Knox - This is a rematch of last year's sectional final that the Redskins won by a TD.  Calumet is just getting ramped up on their season and Knox is trying to relocate their mojo.  By now I would think the QB situation should be settled and the Redskins should be humming again.  I'm going with the home team in this one.  Knox 28-21

Pioneer at LaVille - The Panthers have too much offensive firepower.  They score on a very high percentage of their possessions and LaVille won't be able to extend enough drives to keep the game close.  The only way to beat Pioneer is to keep the ball out of their hands.  LaVille won't be able to do enough of that.  Pioneer 44-14

Culver at North Judson - The Jays will cruise to another sectional title contest by handling the Cavs with ease.  Culver rushed for over 400 yards last week!  This week they won't break 100.  North Judson 56-6

Triton at Adams Central - Triton's run defense has been pretty stout over the last several weeks.  And run is usually what the Flying Jets do very well!  I think Triton might slow down the Jets ground and pound offense a bit, but when the home team goes to the air, the Trojans will struggle.  The Jets will pull away in the second half and get their shot at Southwood.  Adams Central 35-13

Caston at Southwood - With everyone healthy the Comets would be severely outmatched in this one.  With a couple of studs out, they will be totally overwhelmed!  A step up for Caston this season, but it ends with a blow out loss to a COVID-beating Knights team.  Southwood 69-0

sectional semi-hard kinda life

written edited and dictated by Spanky Harper

last week after flying over all of the fields and watching all the sectional games at once and watching my jays

decimate the pathetic trojenz I knew that my superior predictions would come to fruition.  when the linemen

start scoring touchdowns u know them jays mean business. here are my musings for this week

dont @ me.

weekend at Rattkey’s

calumet 29 v knox 28 

big dick good gets a HUGE victory at rattskin stadium.  ross-less rattskins find a way to keep it close, but his boys bo, luke, duke, shane, and tyger will have to share the load tonight.  teddy been carrying ross’ load for years now

lethal weapons

pioneer 40 v laville 14 

pioneer panthers pounce and pummel pugnacious lancers.

live hard

adams central  32 v triton 12

trojenz can only hold up for so long.  

friday the 30th

southwood 60 v caston 0 

comets have cum a long way.  

lambo: first blood part 2

judson 69 v culver 0

back in my day, when I was quarterback for the toto monkeys expansion team we used to run a pretty similar offense except we ran pentuple option instead of the rudimentary triple option. Them jays are running hot and hung into the semi’s.  defense has been creating pressure and prolapsing the line all season. if culver somehow manages to eat c(l)ock against them jays i may have to come down from the stands and shoot a three point stance to show them young boys how to fire off the ball!  heres how:

1.  get ur feet about shoulder width apart.  

2.  stagger ur feet so your sack can rest and hang comfortably and make sure ur birds outta the way. 

3. put ur hand out with about 60% pressure on your fingertips.  Some guys like 50% but I NEED these jays to fire off hard.  Real hard.  

4. once your in ur stance with ur offhand you can readjust ur sack and 4skin as necessary to increase max explosion when you bust outta ur stance.

no sleazy way out

winamac v nobody

top ten reasons why i despise the warriors in 2020:

1. ducked knox.   

2. ducked pioneer.  

3. barely beat triton

4. barely beat scum

5. WVKIs Harold Winter anointed compton one of the best quarterbacks in the conference.  he isn’t.  he is averaging a paltry 3.3yds per carry rushing and is completing 36% of his passes for 15 yards per attempt.  this is a complete regression from last season.  

6. got a bye in the sectional

7. used to call their fans the maroon platoon you might as well call them the menstruation squad.

8. they are the best trash there ever is

9. best trash there ever was

10. best trash there ever will be

• Haha 2

Knox looked atrocious like I thought they would.  There is zero discipline with that team.      Some how once again this year the coaches will vote #88 all conference again even though he puts no effort to playing.   Knox for some reason decided to run between tackles thinking it was good idea even though by 6 mins into game could tell they were gonna be dominated inside.   Every phase of game Knox got spanked.    

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Knox looked atrocious like I thought they would.  There is zero discipline with that team.      Some how once again this year the coaches will vote #88 all conference again even though he puts no effort to playing.   Knox for some reason decided to run between tackles thinking it was good idea even though by 6 mins into game could tell they were gonna be dominated inside.   Every phase of game Knox got spanked.    

I witnessed just the opposite tonight at LaVille.  Pioneer is just a machine!  Totally disciplined, they know exactly what their doing every play, so they play so fast it is amazing to watch.  I like watching this team better than any of the ones Kiser played on.  They truly have a system that they bring their players up in and develop them to do their job right.  They ran maybe 5 core plays all night and LaVille couldn’t stop them at all.  I enjoy watching them and I’m a LaVille fan.  I’m looking forward to next week’s championship at Bremen.  Not sure if these two schools have ever played each other but it’s been long over due!!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Spanky Harper said:

sectional semi-hard kinda life

written edited and dictated by Spanky Harper

last week after flying over all of the fields and watching all the sectional games at once and watching my jays

decimate the pathetic trojenz I knew that my superior predictions would come to fruition.  when the linemen

start scoring touchdowns u know them jays mean business. here are my musings for this week

dont @ me.

weekend at Rattkey’s

calumet 29 v knox 28 

big dick good gets a HUGE victory at rattskin stadium.  ross-less rattskins find a way to keep it close, but his boys bo, luke, duke, shane, and tyger will have to share the load tonight.  teddy been carrying ross’ load for years now

lethal weapons

pioneer 40 v laville 14 

pioneer panthers pounce and pummel pugnacious lancers.

live hard

adams central  32 v triton 12

trojenz can only hold up for so long.  

friday the 30th

southwood 60 v caston 0 

comets have cum a long way.  

lambo: first blood part 2

judson 69 v culver 0

back in my day, when I was quarterback for the toto monkeys expansion team we used to run a pretty similar offense except we ran pentuple option instead of the rudimentary triple option. Them jays are running hot and hung into the semi’s.  defense has been creating pressure and prolapsing the line all season. if culver somehow manages to eat c(l)ock against them jays i may have to come down from the stands and shoot a three point stance to show them young boys how to fire off the ball!  heres how:

1.  get ur feet about shoulder width apart.  

2.  stagger ur feet so your sack can rest and hang comfortably and make sure ur birds outta the way. 

3. put ur hand out with about 60% pressure on your fingertips.  Some guys like 50% but I NEED these jays to fire off hard.  Real hard.  

4. once your in ur stance with ur offhand you can readjust ur sack and 4skin as necessary to increase max explosion when you bust outta ur stance.

no sleazy way out

winamac v nobody

top ten reasons why i despise the warriors in 2020:

1. ducked knox.   

2. ducked pioneer.  

3. barely beat triton

4. barely beat scum

5. WVKIs Harold Winter anointed compton one of the best quarterbacks in the conference.  he isn’t.  he is averaging a paltry 3.3yds per carry rushing and is completing 36% of his passes for 15 yards per attempt.  this is a complete regression from last season.  

6. got a bye in the sectional

7. used to call their fans the maroon platoon you might as well call them the menstruation squad.

8. they are the best trash there ever is

9. best trash there ever was

10. best trash there ever will be

#1 they didn't dodge knox. They had a positive covid test that forced them to cancel that game and the next

#2 see above

#3 a win is a win

#4 same as above 

#5. Ill say the whole offense has regressed from last year but I think that's more due to a new offense and didn't have much of a spring/summer to improve to a new staff. I think the pass game will be much better next season. 

#6 SN had to drop out due to positive tests... not our fault. 

#7 I disliked the maroon platoon nickname. 

#8 your opinion

#9 your opinion

#10 your opinion

48 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Might be the most disappointing season I've seen. 

Knox should have been 50x better then they were. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

#1 they didn't dodge knox. They had a positive covid test that forced them to cancel that game and the next

#2 see above

#3 a win is a win

#4 same as above 

#5. Ill say the whole offense has regressed from last year but I think that's more due to a new offense and didn't have much of a spring/summer to improve to a new staff. I think the pass game will be much better next season. 

#8 your opinion

#9 your opinion

#10 your opinion

Knox should have been 50x better then they 

Agree.  Here is Knox.  #88 has pass hit him in hands gives no effort to catch ball then gets yet another 15 yard penalty after play talking crap.   Probably 8th or 10th time it's happened this year.  Do they pull him?   Nope.    And does anyone know why radtke wasn't there?   Not like he knows any of kids names on his team but he was absent.  

30 minutes ago, cpg1970 said:

I witnessed just the opposite tonight at LaVille.  Pioneer is just a machine!  Totally disciplined, they know exactly what their doing every play, so they play so fast it is amazing to watch.  I like watching this team better than any of the ones Kiser played on.  They truly have a system that they bring their players up in and develop them to do their job right.  They ran maybe 5 core plays all night and LaVille couldn’t stop them at all.  I enjoy watching them and I’m a LaVille fan.  I’m looking forward to next week’s championship at Bremen.  Not sure if these two schools have ever played each other but it’s been long over due!!

Bremen and Pioneer played in the early 90’s.

59 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

#2 see above

#3 a win is a win

#4 same as above 

#8 your opinion

#9 your opinion

#10 your opinion

Knox should have been 50x better then they were. 

You do realize the parody of the content...   I mean if you took any of that serious in any way shape or form then....  mercy me....  

39 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

You do realize the parody of the content...   I mean if you took any of that serious in any way shape or form then....  mercy me....  

I didn't. 

1 hour ago, Mayo77 said:

Agree.  Here is Knox.  #88 has pass hit him in hands gives no effort to catch ball then gets yet another 15 yard penalty after play talking crap.   Probably 8th or 10th time it's happened this year.  Do they pull him?   Nope.    And does anyone know why radtke wasn't there?   Not like he knows any of kids names on his team but he was absent.  

Heard it was Rona. Heard that's why one of the starters was out cause of it too. 

2 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

I didn't. 

but you responded in defense to poke holes into his parody... it seemed like time and energy misspent ...  just me though.   

Good Luck to Team Hendryx and the Warriors as they take on the Jays this week.  Week 3 was very long time ago for both teams.   Im sure both have gotten better and Jays should never discount a John Hendryx coached team, and they know that too.  

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

but you responded in defense to poke holes into his parody... it seemed like time and energy misspent ...  just me though.   

Good Luck to Team Hendryx and the Warriors as they take on the Jays this week.  Week 3 was very long time ago for both teams.   Im sure both have gotten better and Jays should never discount a John Hendryx coached team, and they know that too.  

I understand your concern but i know he was being dumb. 

Yes... Both teams are diff then week 5. 

Winamac has changed their offense and moved some folks around on the lines and other spots. Judson has (moving guys around) too. 

Special teams and OL/DL will be key. Turnovers too.