Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Postseason 2020

9 hours ago, cpg1970 said:

I witnessed just the opposite tonight at LaVille.  Pioneer is just a machine!  Totally disciplined, they know exactly what their doing every play, so they play so fast it is amazing to watch.  I like watching this team better than any of the ones Kiser played on.  They truly have a system that they bring their players up in and develop them to do their job right.  They ran maybe 5 core plays all night and LaVille couldn’t stop them at all.  I enjoy watching them and I’m a LaVille fan.  I’m looking forward to next week’s championship at Bremen.  Not sure if these two schools have ever played each other but it’s been long over due!!

They are fun to watch in that aspect. They way the system runs is very reminiscent of Bill Sharpe's Jimtown. They ran 5 base plays out of several formations and didn't care if you knew the play, you still had to stop it. You and I witnessed that first hand as players. The game next week should be very exciting.  

• Like 1

Looking forward to Pioneer and Bremen. The Lions faithful know this is going to be a battle. Pioneer executed their system to perfection. Lions will have to pick up their level of play and catch a few breaks. I believe these seniors may have faced off with each other’s as freshmen in a jv game. Pioneer came out on top. This will be a lot of fun. 

Watched the Pioneer-LaVille game on the internet.

Pioneer has speed that LaVille could not duplicate in practice.  The Pioneer offensive line was very intentional and confident in what they ran. Pionee's offensive line opened holes that were just big enough for the speed of the backs to get through and they were in the secondary in the blink of an eye. That speed doesn't neet gapping holes to get through.

LaVille just did not have any answers for the handful of looks that Pioneer gave them.

Kudos to the LaVille Football team that could have packed it in back when they were sidelined early in the season.  They came together, thanks in part due to a senior class that was hungry to lead and hungry for success.  Coach Hostrawser and his coaching staff did a fine job of utilizing the talent they had this season.  That roster might not have been a big one, but Coach Hostrawser made the best with what he had.  They made adjustments from a year ago on offense and that defensive mindset that Coach Hostrawser brings continues to get the job done.

Kudos also to a freshman QB that was thrown into the fire following an injury to their senior QB.  He came in and did an admirable job given the circumstances.  It was nice to see the Doyle kid return to add depth and chip in on offense, defense and wherever he could.  That was a very young offensive line to go with a young quarterback, and a couple young runners in the backfield for Coach H to build around for the years go come.  The defense was equally young, as at least half of those boys were underclassmen as well from what I could see.

On this night, Pioneer the better team with more execution and weapons than the Lancers.

Not the result the Lancers wanted, but this Pioneer team is a solid team.

IMO, Bremen will have its hands ful next week for a sectional championship.

Be interesting to see if the Lions can use the film scout to find something different, a wrinkle, a gimic to use to slow the Pioneer offense.

Pioneer sets the play, acts like they don't care if you know what it is and challenges you to stop what they do. And do well, I might add.

NJSP, Pioneer, and Winamac left standing in the HNAC.  All the best to that trio as they move forward in state tournament.  Early precincts say NJSP and Pioneer playing for a regional.

as always the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, FinePrint said:
Friday, Nov. 6
Pioneer at Bremen, 7 pm
Winamac at North Judson, 7:30 pm

Does anyone think Bremen or Winamac will pull off the upset?

I think Bremen has a very good chance of beating the Panthers this week. Pioneer will have to find a way to match up with the physicality of Bremen if they want to stand a chance. I think it will be an extremely physical game throughout and will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and who can capitalize on those mistakes.

Judson is going to roll the Warriors in my opinion, but Coach H will have them prepared.

• Disdain 1

44 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I think Bremen has a very good chance of beating the Panthers this week. Pioneer will have to find a way to match up with the physicality of Bremen if they want to stand a chance. I think it will be an extremely physical game throughout and will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and who can capitalize on those mistakes.

Judson is going to roll the Warriors in my opinion, but Coach H will have them prepared.

44 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Does Bremen have a chance, sure? A very good chance, nah.  Pioneer is dang near perfection when it comes to execution.  It will take perfect football to sneak this one out.  It is championship football though, and the Lions have to be excited for their opportunity to have some eyes on them from around the region. A lot of folks will be intrigued to see how this one turns out.

13 hours ago, FinePrint said:
Friday, Nov. 6
Pioneer at Bremen, 7 pm

Going to be tough for the Warriors

The offensive line and offense in general has changed since last game they played. They also got Kyle Olds back which is huge up front on offense. 

The Jays have done a really nice job at taking advantage of Winamac turnovers. Their defense has scored atleast once in two of the last 3 match ups and their special teams have forced two safeties in back to back games against the Warriors. (Last year sectional and first match up this year.. right before half)

Im sure the free off week last week helped the Warriors heal up some bumps and bruises. 

Its gonna be tough but well see what happens. 

I think Pioneer wins 30-13

I do believe whoever wins Pioneer/Bremen and NJ/Winamac their season ends in regionals. Andrean and LCC will be too much. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

19 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Coachspeak for sure!  😁 But Bremen is a proud football program and they won't back down from anyone!  (Unlike many of the HNAC teams who are beaten before they walk on the field against Pioneer.)  I expect them to be extremely well prepared and excited for the chance to make a statement.  My head tells me Pioneer should win handily.  My hunch says it will be a great game into the 4th.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FinePrint said:

Coachspeak for sure!  😁 But Bremen is a proud football program and they won't back down from anyone!  (Unlike many of the HNAC teams who are beaten before they walk on the field against Pioneer.)  I expect them to be extremely well prepared and excited for the chance to make a statement.  My head tells me Pioneer should win handily.  My hunch says it will be a great game into the 4th.  

Like I said earlier, this is a measuring stick game for Bremen. Pioneer is the model for what many small schools want to emulate.  Echoing what FinePrint has to say, Bremen plays with a chip on its shoulders and loves these kind of games.  Bremen has to be perfect and get a few breaks.  It should be a lot of fun. Wish we could have packed stands, because big games like this at Bunge Field are awesome.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2020 at 11:27 AM, cpg1970 said:

I want Bremen to join the HNAC

That will never happen with the current administration in place.  They are happy being competitive in the olympic sports and don't really care how it affects basketball.  It has been ok for football with the split into two divisions, but basketball playing all member schools is a killer.

On 11/2/2020 at 10:32 AM, FinePrint said:
Friday, Nov. 6
Pioneer at Bremen, 7 pm

Pioneer should win fairly easy I’ll go 30-12! Great year for Bremen just takes a GREAT team to beat this panther squad!

Jays vs Winamac - this wont be a game for long in my opinion. Winamac is probably the worst 6-2 team in history. 
Coach Lambert gets his second sectional title in 2 years! Great day to be a Bluejay!

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 12:50 AM, TheStatGuy said:

I do believe whoever wins Pioneer/Bremen and NJ/Winamac their season ends in regionals. Andrean and LCC will be too much. 

I terms of both match up's I wouldn't count the winner of either of these games out. Andrean is tough team and either match up will make for a really fun football game. Don't be scared of the name LCC again solid team, but it's not the same LCC team from last year. The QB is a stud no doubt, but they are very beatable. 

2 hours ago, LionKing said:

That will never happen with the current administration in place.  They are happy being competitive in the olympic sports and don't really care how it affects basketball.  It has been ok for football with the split into two divisions, but basketball playing all member schools is a killer.

To your point, basketball was getting beat up in the NSC as well. They just don't seem to care to improve it. Don't get me going on the clown show that is Troy and Bruce.

• Haha 1