Bremen at Rochester, 7 pm

St. Joe

Logansport

New Prairie

Marian

Jimtown

Glenn

Bremen

Not many intriguing contests.  I really only see Logansport/Riley and Washington/Tippy Valley as being close games that could go either way.

On 10/19/2020 at 5:48 AM, Indian72 said:
Friday, Oct. 23
St. Joseph at Clay, 7 pm
Logansport at Riley, 7 pm
New Prairie at Plymouth, 7:30 pm
Lakeland at Marian, 7 pm
Washington at Tippecanoe Valley, 7 pm
Jimtown at Garrett, 7 pm
Glenn at West Noble, 7 pm
Bremen at Rochester, 7 pm

St. Joe - Indians got probably the best draw in the state. An easy path to the championship where they will likely play a team that they could potentially beat if they play their best and their opponent has an "off" night

Logansport - Don't really know much of anything about the Berries. But I think they beat Riley

New Prairie - This game scares me probably more than it should. NP is a tough team to gauge; with a 5-4 record they've beaten 5 decent to bad teams and lost to 4 top tier teams. Plymouth hasn't played in forever; either they will be inspired or rusty. I also wonder if they lost any players between the quarantine and just not playing for 3 weeks. weird season for the rockies. 

Marian - A cake walk for the knights

Tippy Valley - I think the vikings do just enough to escape with a W

Jimtown - Baugo boys win it

West noble - Glenn has really fizzled down the stretch.

Bremen - Lions take care of the Zebras with ease.

Edited by npcougar15

Wow - a couple of surprises.  Not sure what has happened to NP but I did not see that coming.  From when I saw them in person to now it is like a complete slide the wrong way.  Watched about an hour on TV and the Plymouth QB is a beast.

KV losing to Culver.  Not as surprised.  Culver has a couple of athletes some teams may find hard to stop

Marian went as expected as did Bremen - TIppy beating Wash. had that one same with Jimtown

Logansport running for 400 yds did not know theyw ere that good but play in a touch conference

Have to feel for Clay so many coaches over the past few year and so few kids - very tough - those that played it out should be commended

1 hour ago, Indian72 said:

Wow - a couple of surprises.  Not sure what has happened to NP but I did not see that coming.  From when I saw them in person to now it is like a complete slide the wrong way.  Watched about an hour on TV and the Plymouth QB is a beast.

KV losing to Culver.  Not as surprised.  Culver has a couple of athletes some teams may find hard to stop

Marian went as expected as did Bremen - TIppy beating Wash. had that one same with Jimtown

Logansport running for 400 yds did not know theyw ere that good but play in a touch conference

Have to feel for Clay so many coaches over the past few year and so few kids - very tough - those that played it out should be commended

Yes surprised by the NP/Plymouth game. But in fairness it was hard to get a real idea of Plymouth after missing weeks. And you are correct 7, looked really good. 

Marian should walk to semi state, don’t see anyone before then getting in the way.

SJ playing Logansport could get them another win, things have lined up well for them to go on a mini run and possibly end up giving admin a positive outlook on season.

Heard a few rumblings from south side of conference. I hear at Riley they can’t wait for Coach Edison to return and right the ship. Had heard preseason they had high hopes for year, and don’t think ending it at Logansport giving up 400 plus rushing was in those thoughts.
And out on the county line, don’t think anyone is happy with lack of offense and blowing a share of conference title. Could be moves on at least offense down there. Really a disappointment to not score against a 1-8 team in sectionals. 

Looking forward to week 2 of playoffs and seeing the conference teams make some runs. 

Np was missing several players that are very key contributors. Starting a freshman QB was probably not the smartest of moves. Plymouth played way more physical which usually doesn’t happen with NP. The cougars are young and think they’ll right the ship next year and make a decent run.

43 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Np was missing several players that are very key contributors. Starting a freshman QB was probably not the smartest of moves. Plymouth played way more physical which usually doesn’t happen with NP. The cougars are young and think they’ll right the ship next year and make a decent run.

Why was NP missing players?  I also thought that Plymouth was by far the most aggressive.  NP stayed on the perimeter while they had the size advantage inside.   Our QB is the best athlete in the sectional.

2 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Why was NP missing players?  I also thought that Plymouth was by far the most aggressive.  NP stayed on the perimeter while they had the size advantage inside.   Our QB is the best athlete in the sectional.

Injuries and 1 was missing from an altercation the previous game.

9 hours ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

Yes surprised by the NP/Plymouth game. But in fairness it was hard to get a real idea of Plymouth after missing weeks. And you are correct 7, looked really good. 

Marian should walk to semi state, don’t see anyone before then getting in the way.

SJ playing Logansport could get them another win, things have lined up well for them to go on a mini run and possibly end up giving admin a positive outlook on season.

Heard a few rumblings from south side of conference. I hear at Riley they can’t wait for Coach Edison to return and right the ship. Had heard preseason they had high hopes for year, and don’t think ending it at Logansport giving up 400 plus rushing was in those thoughts.
And out on the county line, don’t think anyone is happy with lack of offense and blowing a share of conference title. Could be moves on at least offense down there. Really a disappointment to not score against a 1-8 team in sectionals. 

Looking forward to week 2 of playoffs and seeing the conference teams make some runs. 

MANY believe that the Glenn team was just satisfied beating Jimtown.. Only win after that was a very close game against CLAY LOL!!    Wonder what the future holds in Falcon Country...  VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING SECOND HALF OF SEASON!!!!!

55 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

MANY believe that the Glenn team was just satisfied beating Jimtown.. Only win after that was a very close game against CLAY LOL!!    Wonder what the future holds in Falcon Country...  VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING SECOND HALF OF SEASON!!!!!

Any possible inside info on that Future? Think any changes after that second half to year?

1 hour ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Give Glenn some credit for stepping up to defeat Jimtown, but didn't the Jimmies have some turnover issues in that game that contributed?  Then Glenn loses their all everything QB on the second possession of the game against Bremen and then were never the same offensively.  Believe I heard that another top playmaker was lost for the season to injury as well.  For some schools with numbers and participation the way they are now, losing two main players is hard to overcome.  Sometimes there just isn't someone else to step up and fill in.