Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Sectionals Week 1

I think the truly interesting matchup this week is TC vs Linton-Stockton.  TC was down several players last Friday and it definitely showed in their loss to SS.  "If" the players miss again this week because of contact tracing (and that's what should happen by health department regulations) this game could be a real dogfight for the Marksmen!!!

1 hour ago, Patriot 74 said:

I think the truly interesting matchup this week is TC vs Linton-Stockton.  TC was down several players last Friday and it definitely showed in their loss to SS.  "If" the players miss again this week because of contact tracing (and that's what should happen by health department regulations) this game could be a real dogfight for the Marksmen!!!

Rumor is they may be back, TC was out of school last week so contract tracing went back to the last time they were around the infected individual (not a FB player) which was the Friday before.... I could be wrong but I believe they will be cleared this Friday at 3. Per rumor source 🙂 

1 hour ago, Patriot 74 said:

this game could be a real dogfight for the Marksmen!!!

Believe it will be a dogfight with all their players available!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappy said:

Rumor is they may be back, TC was out of school last week so contract tracing went back to the last time they were around the infected individual (not a FB player) which was the Friday before.... I could be wrong but I believe they will be cleared this Friday at 3. Per rumor source 🙂 

Believe it will be a dogfight with all their players available!

Isn't there a rule though that if you are in quarantine like that, before returning to play you must actively complete 4 practices??  Or are they going to try and say that they were practicing virtually like other schools in the are are doing to side step the rules?? 😅

It depends on how many practices they missed. Here is the IHSAA by-law:

9-14 Practice Attendance Required to Participate in a Contest A student-athlete must attend and actively participate in regularly scheduled Practice sessions to be eligible for interschool athletic competition. If a student fails to attend and actively participate in regularly scheduled Practice sessions, such student shall be required to complete the following prior to participating in a Contest: a. attend and actively participate in all required Pre-participation Practice sessions, see rules 50 and 101; b. attendance and active participation in Four (4) school-supervised Practice sessions of normal length, which shall occur on Four (4) separate days prior to the day of the Contest, if the student fails to attend and actively participate in more than Four (4) but less than Eleven (11) consecutive days of regularly scheduled Practice; c. attendance and active participation in Six (6) school supervised Practice sessions of normal length, which shall occur on Six (6) separate days prior to the day of the Contest, if the student fails to attend and actively participate in more than Ten (10) consecutive days of regularly scheduled Practice.

INTERPRETATION:

Days Missed                        No. of Practices Required                                                              5 to 10                                         4

More than 10 consecutive               6

11 minutes ago, sr1 said:

It depends on how many practices they missed. Here is the IHSAA by-law:

9-14 Practice Attendance Required to Participate in a Contest A student-athlete must attend and actively participate in regularly scheduled Practice sessions to be eligible for interschool athletic competition. If a student fails to attend and actively participate in regularly scheduled Practice sessions, such student shall be required to complete the following prior to participating in a Contest: a. attend and actively participate in all required Pre-participation Practice sessions, see rules 50 and 101; b. attendance and active participation in Four (4) school-supervised Practice sessions of normal length, which shall occur on Four (4) separate days prior to the day of the Contest, if the student fails to attend and actively participate in more than Four (4) but less than Eleven (11) consecutive days of regularly scheduled Practice; c. attendance and active participation in Six (6) school supervised Practice sessions of normal length, which shall occur on Six (6) separate days prior to the day of the Contest, if the student fails to attend and actively participate in more than Ten (10) consecutive days of regularly scheduled Practice.

INTERPRETATION:

Days Missed                        No. of Practices Required                                                              5 to 10                                         4

More than 10 consecutive               6

So it is the case that missing Friday and then Monday thru Thursday, players would have to some how get 4 practices in??  If this is the case TC is in trouble!!

The IHSAA by-laws are very clear. Games are not practices. So if the  first thing they missed is the game last Friday and they did not have a Saturday practice scheduled then missing this Monday thru Thursday would only be 4 practices missed. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sr1 said:

The IHSAA by-laws are very clear. Games are not practices. So if the  first thing they missed is the game last Friday and they did not have a Saturday practice scheduled then missing this Monday thru Thursday would only be 4 practices missed. 

Would this be a 1 day quarantine?? 

4 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Would this be a 1 day quarantine?? 

They would not practice at all this week, missing 4 practices. They have not had contact with infected person for two weeks. Did not find out until last Friday but was out of school all week. This is my understanding

10 minutes ago, sr1 said:

That is what I understand to be the case. 

On to a new discussion.......Washington, Sullivan, North Knox and Mater Dei all roll in their openers! Southridge makes Mt. Vernon look very ordinary in their opener and win big.  Posey has a running clock mid way thru the 2nd quarter!  TC beats Linton-Stockton in a good matchup, but the Seniors of TC are too much!

I'm not touching the last game.  GS is on fire, especially the QB.  The may have played their way into the favorite roll here (yes I said it and mean it), even though SR is undefeated.  HH FINALLY had 99% of their team on the field last Friday.  They still have some rust to knock off, but at least they had the same group that scrimmaged Jasper 10 weeks ago!!  If is rainy, and wet who knows.  It's gonna take a great effort by the Patriots along with a couple timely turnovers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappy said:

I'm hearing bad news from TC, will have some of the starters back from last week but also are losing additional players. Don't know details but heard it could have a impact on the game this week...

Extremely unfortunate if that is indeed the case. I really do feel that they are capable of knocking off MD and making a deep run in this tournament if healthy. Hopefully, what you are hearing has no truth to it.