• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MaxPreps Hilites Center Grove after win over Cathedral

Guest DT

3 hours ago, DT said:

Didnt you say you were quitting?

• Confused 1
  • Disdain 1

DT - a mutual friend who was sitting in the stands (and no longer participates on the GID) has asked me to remind you that “maybe it was CG that almost gift-wrapped the game to Cathedral.  The Irish had 183 yards of total offense with one scoring drive.  Their other score was a gimme pick 6.”

To paraphrase, he thinks you had somewhat selective memory and, as most always, he and his wife were sitting in the stands.  

He also commented  that it was a classic hard-hitting game.

Don’t kill the messenger.  Or do....I’m ambivalent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Staxawax said:

To be fair, he said hiatus, I believe until after the playoffs. 

DT claiming hiatus is simply attention calling.

All said, I like him posting

The whole hiatus “thing” is juvenile....excepting we live in a juvenile world.

He posts as he likes....despite the hiatus....even now we are dancing to his tune.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lysander said:

DT - a mutual friend who was sitting in the stands (and no longer participates on the GID) has asked me to remind you that “maybe it was CG that almost gift-wrapped the game to Cathedral.  The Irish had 183 yards of total offense with one scoring drive.  Their other score was a gimme pick 6.”

To paraphrase, he thinks you had somewhat selective memory and, as most always, he and his wife were sitting in the stands.  

To be honest neither team gift wrapped anything to the other. Both teams made great plays. No matter how many yards of offense for either team they both simply made plays. The pick 6 wasn't a walk in the park free shot to the endzone like you sometimes see when a team is backed up near the goal line. It was a 73 yard pick 6. Honestly CG had an opportunity to tie it and missed a FG. Then Cathedral had an opportunity to ice the game and didn't execute (regardless of the play call) and CG made a play. Then again Cathedral had CG in 3rd and 9 or 10 with about 36 seconds and again CG made a play hitting a 12 yard pass. I believe Cathedral got them in a 3rd and 1 too on the eventual TD pass (memory is faded I'm old). Regardless both teams played well enough to win. CG made the plays when it counted an won. Both are fantastic teams and gave it all they had (even though some thought they would be saving themselves for the playoffs). It was a classic hard hitting game. It lived up to the hype and while some thought there would be a lot of scoring it ended up being a Defensive slug fest. Cathedral 1 Offensive TD 1 Defensive TD, CG 2 Offensive TD's 1 FG.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lysander said:

Going to have to respectfully disagree with Trojan Dad on this one. True, Center Grove outgained Cathedral but they also had the ball for 10 minutes longer and ran 23 more plays (which obviously was their game plan from the start). However, the Irish D played lights out all night long. Steele had his moments but was never able to break one and Cathedral forced CG into many 3rd and longs and obvious passing down which you can tell isn't their style.

But yes, hard-hitting game all around and another eventful game in this great series.

• Like 3

Here are the test national rankings;

Center Grove is ranked 25th and Cathedral 29th according to Max Preps.

Center Grove is ranked 14th and Cathedral 25th according to USA Today.

It really good to see the state of Indiana, and the Indianapolis area,  well represented in the national ranking!😎

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

STIR...RINSE...REPEAT

DT's Gridiron Digest Formula

As a MIC fan, I would think that you would embrace the national recognition CG is getting as it reflects very positively on the conference and the state in general.

I know for a fact that many Hoosiers state wide celebrated Ben Davis's great national recognition when the Giants were riding high.

Sounds like sour grapes

On 10/20/2020 at 10:41 PM, DT said:

As a MIC fan, I would think that you would embrace the national recognition CG is getting as it reflects very positively on the conference and the state in general.

I know for a fact that many Hoosiers state wide celebrated Ben Davis's great national recognition when the Giants were riding high.

Sounds like sour grapes

"I'll take putting words in my mouth, for $2,000, Alex."