Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Congrats To:

Congrats to:

5A

Whiteland (Darrin Fisher) who ended the season as #2 in 5A per Sagarin.  My only thoughts are: (a) job well done; (b) sucks to be South in 5A with Cathedral (otherwise a likely Lucas Oil trip) and (c) Jet Sweep, Jet Sweep, Jet Sweep.

4A

Roncalli (John Rodenberg) who ended the season as #2 in 4A per Sagarin.  Between their coach (who has some modest experience with parochials) and their constant team improvement, I consider them the favorite to represent the South at LOS.  In any event, I expect the 4A South Semi-State to be the State Championship....don’t let me down.

3A

Mishawaka Marian (Mike Davidson) who ended the season as #2 in 3A per Sagarin.  They compiled an undefeated season (7-0) against some of the best teams (All Classes) that North Central Indiana has to offer (Mishawaka, Penn.....freaking PENN!!!).  It’s hard to be any more dominant as a 3A team (add that one of your late 70s State Championship team’s running backs stood for me post Butler U. in my wedding back in those long gone days...love the Knights...love Bill Baker).

I invite anyone else to join in....but I thought these teams needed to be called out.

• Like 4

Congrats to:

6A Westfield

5A runner up in 2013.

5A champion in 2016.

Now a solid contender and the sagarin favorite in 6A to represent the north at Lucas Oil. Jake Gilbert is building a powerhouse program. They ran the table in the HCC including an OT win over the pre-season favorite Brownsburg. And it appears he’s doing it like Eric Moore, as football up and down the school system is very successful.

4A Mooresville

Only an OT loss to 5A #2 Whiteland has kept them from being #1 or #2 in Sagarin 4A. After Mark Bless moved on to Avon the Pioneers suffered some lean years. Enter a proven winner in Mike Gillen. Only took 1 season to bring that talent back together and give the growing Morgan County town a power to follow. I also expect the 4A south semi-state to be the state champion. And that team will be Mooresville!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Congrats to the Frankfort Hot Dogs for having their first winning regular season (5-4) since 2009.  

I agree congrats to Farnkfort. At the same time I say shame on YOU and your fellow cohort @DT for the contraction talks. There are going to be times where schools are really in the dumps. Get the right coach who developes talent and boom you start to make strides. Contraction is for IDIOTS (my opinion). Honestly you both should be ashamed of yourselves for wanting to cheat young men (regardless of record) the opportunity to play a game that could shape their lives. It's easy to sit back behind a keyboard and the critical stuff, but you are not there living the day to day lives. Just saying.

Edited by FastpacedO
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Congrats to the Frankfort Hot Dogs for having their first winning regular season (5-4) since 2009.  

Let's not get too excited.  They still do not have one 4A school on their regular season schedule.  They lost to 1A Clinton Central and play a 3A, 2A, and 1A schedule as a 4A.  I guess we are into token victories.  This is something I feel that Muda69 would scoff at not celebrate?

21 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I agree congrats to Farnkfort. At the same time I say shame on YOU and your fellow cohort @DT for the contraction talks. There are going to be times where schools are really in the dumps. Get the right coach who developes talent and boom you start to make strides. Contraction is for IDIOTS (my opinion). Honestly you both should be ashamed of yourselves for wanting to cheat young men (regardless of record) the opportunity to play a game that could shape their lives. It's easy to sit back behind a keyboard and the critical stuff, but you are not there living the day to day lives. Just saying.

Thank you for your support.

This very well may be Frankfort "once is a decade for a government school" team/level of talent.  We shall see.

6 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

Let's not get too excited.  They still do not have one 4A school on their regular season schedule.  They lost to 1A Clinton Central and play a 3A, 2A, and 1A schedule as a 4A.  I guess we are into token victories.  This is something I feel that Muda69 would scoff at not celebrate?

Not really excited,  just offering congratulations where I think it is due. They have played almost all of those same 3A, 2A, & 1A schools the past two seasons and went 0-20.   And I do scoff at the Hot Dogs at weakening their non-conference schedule by adding Clinton Central/Clinton Prairie where the used to play the likes of Western, Tipton,  Twin Lakes, and Logansport.  

What exactly to you is a "token victory" when it comes to Indiana High School football,  Punttheball?

9 hours ago, Lysander said:

Congrats to:

4A

Roncalli (John Rodenberg) who ended the season as #2 in 4A per Sagarin.  Between their coach (who has some modest experience with parochials) and their constant team improvement, I consider them the favorite to represent the South at LOS.  In any event, I expect the 4A South Semi-State to be the State Championship....don’t let me down.

We all know how much that pained you to post!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Congrats to Josh Schattuck and the Elkhart Lions, well done blending two programs into one.  Finished the regular season 7-0. Taking two programs and combining them is easier said than done. Other places haven't pulled that off.

I 2nd that but last year I thought they had to keep him as coach because you could see the Blazers responded to him.

Now he was able to take 2 and make 1 and was very successful

Let's see how far they can go

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Thank you for your support.

This very well may be Frankfort "once is a decade for a government school" team/level of talent.  We shall see.

Uh there is no support. 

Perhaps Coach Byers is instilling work ethic in the players (something I wouldn't expect you to be onboard with).

• Disdain 1

1 minute ago, FastpacedO said:

Uh there is no support. 

Perhaps Coach Byers is instilling work ethic in the players (something I wouldn't expect you to be onboard with).

Ahh, and here we go with the personal attack.   

I win.

Have a nice day.  I'll be working most of it. How about you?

• Disdain 1

Just now, Muda69 said:

Ahh, and here we go with the personal attack.   

I win.

Have a nice day.  I'll be working most of it. How about you?

No personal attack just stating the obvious. Anyone (yourself or DT that is onboard with contraction) makes it blatantly obvious that your not onboard or of the understanding of the dynamics of coaching football. AKA how games are won and lost (and its not only on the football field). It all starts on te dedication in the weight room and toss in game film. Then on top of that you have the game prep plan. I'm assuming your saying you"ll be working the games? There is nothing to win, but you call yourself a victor if you wish.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FastpacedO said:

No personal attack just stating the obvious. Anyone (yourself or DT that is onboard with contraction) makes it blatantly obvious that your not onboard or of the understanding of the dynamics of coaching football. AKA how games are won and lost (and its not only on the football field). It all starts on te dedication in the weight room and toss in game film. Then on top of that you have the game prep plan. I'm assuming your saying you"ll be working the games? There is nothing to win, but you call yourself a victor if you wish.

So the term "work ethic" only applies to Indiana High School Football?   By all means please regale us stories of your "work ethic" when it comes to Indiana High School Football.

Nobody, including me, is denying or denigrating the work put in by the FHS players and coaches to achieve what they have so far this season.  I don't now how you can even infer that by what I have posted in this thread.  That is a separate issue with regards to contraction. 

No, I won't be "working" the games. I will be probably be watching though.  Will you?  And I claim no sense of victory regarding the Hot Dogs gridiron fortunes this season.  That is primarily for the players, and players alone,  to claim and reflect on.

• Thanks 1

The Mooresville and Whiteland game was a hell of a game. Mooresville missed one of there Offensive/defensive tackle going to Purdue badly that game more on defense than offense think that would of changed the outcome a little bit. Gillin’s got a hell of a team this year better than last years. Hope he gets that title this year!

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

So the term "work ethic" only applies to Indiana High School Football?   By all means please regale us stories of your "work ethic" when it comes to Indiana High School Football.

Nobody, including me, is denying or denigrating the work put in by the FHS players and coaches to achieve what they have so far this season.  I don't now how you can even infer that by what I have posted in this thread.  That is a separate issue with regards to contraction. 

No, I won't be "working" the games. I will be probably be watching though.  Will you?  And I claim no sense of victory regarding the Hot Dogs gridiron fortunes this season.  That is primarily for the players, and players alone,  to claim and reflect on.

FYI "Work Ethic" applies to football in general. Not Just Indiana Football. In other words if you aren"t doing the work in the weight room, Film study, Game prep. You aren't going to be successful. It takes total buy in and some work! Even at the Collegiate and pro level those are important aspects.

8 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

FYI "Work Ethic" applies to football in general. Not Just Indiana Football. In other words if you aren"t doing the work in the weight room, Film study, Game prep. You aren't going to be successful. It takes total buy in and some work! Even at the Collegiate and pro level those are important aspects.

And what should happen to those programs where the "work ethic" has essentially died, even through multiple coaching staffs, senior classes,  athletic directors, etc.?  Should the community which that extracurricular athletic activity serves have the option to pull the plug on that program?

15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

And what should happen to those programs where the "work ethic" has essentially died, even through multiple coaching staffs, senior classes,  athletic directors, etc.?  Should the community which that extracurricular athletic activity serves have the option to pull the plug on that program?

No they shouldn't pull the plug. If the proper staff is in place they won't have the problem with the work ethic. Basically some coaching staffs may think they are instilling it, but it falls on deaf ears. once there is total buy in things can change in a heart beat. Contraction does nothing but rip away from something that can shape lives in more ways than just winning and losing. This is exactly why I say your and DT's talks of contraction come solely from looking at win/loss records and not from an insider view of what is going on within the program. Playing football can be a difference maker in a kids life.

what should happen is a re-evaluation of the Coach leading he team by the community and the staff.

Edited by FastpacedO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Not really excited,  just offering congratulations where I think it is due. They have played almost all of those same 3A, 2A, & 1A schools the past two seasons and went 0-20.   And I do scoff at the Hot Dogs at weakening their non-conference schedule by adding Clinton Central/Clinton Prairie where the used to play the likes of Western, Tipton,  Twin Lakes, and Logansport.  

What exactly to you is a "token victory" when it comes to Indiana High School football,  Punttheball?

A token victory for a 4A, IMO, would be 1A and 2A games.  These are lose, lose situations for schools that have double and three times the enrollments of their opponents.  I get that many teams have token victories, but I am not congratulating any coach or team for finally having a winning record with the schedule that Frankfort plays.

20 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

No they shouldn't pull the plug. If the proper staff is in place they won't have the problem with the work ethic. Basically some coaching staffs may think they are instilling it, but it falls on deaf ears. once there is total buy in things can change in a heart beat. Contraction does nothing but rip away from something that can shape lives in more ways than just winning and losing. This is exactly why I say your and DT's talks of contraction come solely from looking at win/loss records and not from an insider view of what is going on within the program. Playing football can be a difference maker in a kids life.

what should happen is a re-evaluation of the Coach leading he team by the community and the staff.

Interesting, and telling, that you want to take away choice from a community regarding their government school and it's extracurricular activities.  So once an extracurricular activity is created it can never, ever be removed.  Got it.

Congrats to Southridge who just finished their first Undefeated Regular Season in school history. Crazy to think that it is just the first time with a successful program like Southridge.

They have a tough Sectional 32 ahead of them with teams like Mt. Vernon (Posey), and Gibson Southern standing in the way of another deep tournament run. 

After 2 seasons in 3A due to the success factor, Southridge will be back in 2A next year for the 2021 Season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

A token victory for a 4A, IMO, would be 1A and 2A games.  These are lose, lose situations for schools that have double and three times the enrollments of their opponents. 

Many larger opponents who complete against programs like Lafayette Central Catholic would disagree with you.

3 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

I get that many teams have token victories, but I am not congratulating any coach or team for finally having a winning record with the schedule that Frankfort plays.

In case you change your mind:

https://fhs.frankfortschools.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1070176&type=u

https://fhs.frankfortschools.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=864852&type=u

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Interesting, and telling, that you want to take away choice from a community regarding their government school and it's extracurricular activities.  So once an extracurricular activity is created it can never, ever be removed.  Got it.

Who says the community knows best? There are some that have no kids in the school system that may want to pull the plug, then others with children playing football aka extracurriculars that feel its impacting their children's life. So do you let out of touch members decide the fate which will impact those in touch. Might I ask have you had children in the Frankfort school system? Someone who is impacted by decisions yu want to make. Like I said it's easy for someone who has no child playing to say cut the program. I am wagering you don't have a child playing. But you continue on with your BS contraction talk.

9 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Who says the community knows best?

And who are you to make decisions for a community you are not even a part of?

10 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Might I ask have you had children in the Frankfort school system?

Yes, multiple children.  And some participated in extracurricular athletics and activities.