Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 34

Can Delphi defend trap and bucksweep?  Pioneer will not make many mistakes on offense.

Pioneer by 3 TD's

Laville's one loss to NJ shocks me.  Maybe a Covid thing.  Tough kids and coached well.  Cass is down and seems to have packed it in with their effort against TL.

Laville by 4 TD's

Bremen is superior up front and has power and speed that cannot be matched by Rochester.

Bremen by 2 TD's

Manchester has not been the same without #10 Ream at RB.  Wabash in close one.

Wabash by 1 TD

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

image.png.927bcd9d801211b002d78bf52c808a1e.png

Don't generally see much talk on here for most of these teams. If you have any input please provide. Most intriguing matchup in round 1 to me is that LaVille Cass game. Cass's record is deceiving with the high level of competition they have played this year.

If there are any "upsets" in round one, I could see Cass knocking off LaVille.  I believe Laville will win in a close game, but Cass has played good competition and don't believe they will be intimidated by LaVille.  Maybe Cass has packed it in for the season as mentioned above?

Pioneer should dispatch of Delphi, but don't see Delphi laying down in this one.  They could make it interesting.  Like everyone else in the field, Delphi eventually gets wore down.

Bremen is playing well on both sides of the ball.  They are simply too big up front, and have both power and speed in the skill the postions that Rochester cannot match.  Just received word that Fulton County is re-evaluating whether they are going to allow fans at the game.  Could Rocherster keep it close at the start in a plain atmosphere?  Hope people come to their senses and at least let the kids families watch them play.  I mean it is outside and a few fans should be able to social distance.

Wabash has enough to get by Manchester who sounds a little short handed.  But by Friday, any team might be short handed because of COVID and contact tracing.

I believe this is Pioneers sectional title to lose.  Bremen could give them a game if it came to that match up, but Pioneer just seems to be a solid team and program from year to year.  Bremen might be a year away from being able to pull the upset.

7 hours ago, Punttheball said:

Can Delphi defend trap and bucksweep?  Pioneer will not make many mistakes on offense.

Pioneer by 3 TD's

Laville's one loss to NJ shocks me.  Maybe a Covid thing.  Tough kids and coached well.  Cass is down and seems to have packed it in with their effort against TL.

Laville by 4 TD's

Bremen is superior up front and has power and speed that cannot be matched by Rochester.

Bremen by 2 TD's

Manchester has not been the same without #10 Ream at RB.  Wabash in close one.

Wabash by 1 TD

North Judson is a decent team. They matched up really well with LaVille. It's not a surprise they won.

Cass was outscored 15-12 in 2nd half. They came out pretty flat and had no energy in the first half... coming out of half time they weren't flat and had energy..and played better. 

Hopefully Moss can be back. He's a big piece on their oline and dline.

19 hours ago, Punttheball said:

Ironic that you mentioned ToughKids and Coached well, not sure if you meant North Judson or Laville kids  I think that twas the difference in those tewo teams is the line play.  Judson had the tougher kids in the tranches and that always seems to be Laville;s short coming.  Not sure if it is a developmental issue, coaching issue or they don't get those kids in the weight room as much.  That is what keeps them from winning the big games against Pioneer, Judson, Lewis Cass, Winamac 4 years ago, Knox, etc.

4 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Ironic that you mentioned ToughKids and Coached well, not sure if you meant North Judson or Laville kids  I think that twas the difference in those tewo teams is the line play.  Judson had the tougher kids in the tranches and that always seems to be Laville;s short coming.  Not sure if it is a developmental issue, coaching issue or they don't get those kids in the weight room as much.  That is what keeps them from winning the big games against Pioneer, Judson, Lewis Cass, Winamac 4 years ago, Knox, etc.

The difference between LaVille and Cass last year was talent. 

The difference between Pioneer and LaVille has been talent. 

The difference between Winamac in 2014 (that's the last time they beat LaVille) was talent. 

The Southwood loss a few years ago was bad though. 

This year with NJ. They just matched up pretty well. That was a winnable game for sure but I think the better team won. 

46 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

Just Stay with doing Stats.

You should just stay off this forum.  

On 10/20/2020 at 1:08 PM, FarmerFran said:

Don't generally see much talk on here for most of these teams. If you have any input please provide. Most intriguing matchup in round 1 to me is that LaVille Cass game. Cass's record is deceiving with the high level of competition they have played this year.

Still kills me you believe dinosaurs never existed. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

21 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Not sure why LaVille has been so weak at O-Line for such a long time .... maybe coach Hostrawser should look into making some changes to sharpen things up and get better quality and execution out of them.  Is it the scheme?? Are they not properly prepared??  Do the coaches just rely on the skilled guys??  Whatever it is, if they could figure it out, I think they would be pretty darn good!  

1 hour ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Not sure why LaVille has been so weak at O-Line for such a long time .... maybe coach Hostrawser should look into making some changes to sharpen things up and get better quality and execution out of them.  Is it the scheme?? Are they not properly prepared??  Do the coaches just rely on the skilled guys??  Whatever it is, if they could figure it out, I think they would be pretty darn good!  

Does Coach H run offense, defense, both or neither? I know some heads like to focus one direction or the other and have a coordinator for the opposite, while some guys have multiple coordinators and are a general supervisor at practice.

2 hours ago, Football Guru 25 said:

IMO, I did not think that LaVille's O-line stuck out as being the weak link in the game against Cass last year.  They threw a poor ball deep in their territory that was picked for a TD that really started the downward slide.  Up till that point they were playing tough and never gave up.  I don't know that they had a good scheme to defend the wing-t and the RPO offensive attack.  Not to mention, Cass just had more weapons..

On 10/20/2020 at 1:08 PM, FarmerFran said:

LaVille over Cass in a tight one

Delphi over Pioneer... running game to strong!!

Bremen Rolls

Wabash