Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Postseason cancellations

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

I am reliably informed that Hammond Clark has canceled its sectional game with River Forest. No other information available to me at this point. Ironically, this would (likely) have been Clark’s last game ... ever, as the school is consolidating next year.

Yeah you hear about there soccer team won sectional and couldnt play regional because of covid 

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Then by all means provide your links to fit your narrative.

Do you want the children at Southwood and Northfield high schools to be safe and not contract covid-19?

Stop talking about the safety of the kids.  It’s a non issue and anyone who has looked objectively at the data (including the cdc) agrees.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.healthwire.co/covid-19-poses-relatively-low-risks-to-school-aged-children-schools-must-open-says-the-cdc/amp/

3 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

Stop talking about the safety of the kids.  It’s a non issue and anyone who has looked objectively at the data (including the cdc) agrees.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.healthwire.co/covid-19-poses-relatively-low-risks-to-school-aged-children-schools-must-open-says-the-cdc/amp/

Tell that to the school corporations, not me.

10 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

The school Corp made the call.  They agree.  Ur the one posting to the contrary.

Yes, the Superintendent of the MSD of Wabash County shut down the school and cancelled the games:

Then approx. 48 hours later the Southwood head coach reports that ALL the players have been tested and they ALL came back negative,  so the game is now on?

Frankly this level of flip-flopping is nothing but playing with the health and well being of young lives.  And it's pretty obvious that some vocal and powerful Southwood parents got involved.  

again, the guy who champions personal freedoms and responsibility ........    Seems quite the contrary for your belief system you have consistently trumpeted around these parts.   

From my seat, looks like a local decision made, which is something you USED to support..     OR..... you are just taking the contrarian side for your entertainment.     I will go with that one.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

again, the guy who champions personal freedoms and responsibility ........    Seems quite the contrary for your belief system you have consistently trumpeted around these parts.   

From my seat, looks like a local decision made, which is something you USED to support..     OR..... you are just taking the contrarian side for your entertainment.     I will go with that one.   

Your frankly callus attitude towards this epidemic is duly noted. 

If a parent tells their child to play in a football game I am in no position of authority to dispute that,  risk of contracting covid-19 be damned, right?

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

If a parent tells their child to play in a football game I am in no position of authority to dispute that,  risk of contracting covid-19 be damned, right?

Your constant changing your "tune' to fit the opposite of whatever debate to fill your entertainment needs is also "duly noted". 

Thank you For your Support 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

*callous*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Your constant changing your "tune' to fit the opposite of whatever debate to fill your entertainment needs is also "duly noted". 

Thank you For your Support 

I really don't see how I am "changing my tune" tune here.    Like you said, I do support local decision making regarding government schools.  That doesn't mean I necessarily agree with every decision a local government school may make, does it?

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Yes, the Superintendent of the MSD of Wabash County shut down the school and cancelled the games:

Then approx. 48 hours later the Southwood head coach reports that ALL the players have been tested and they ALL came back negative,  so the game is now on?

Frankly this level of flip-flopping is nothing but playing with the health and well being of young lives.  And it's pretty obvious that some vocal and powerful Southwood parents got involved.  

ALL parents voice's are powerful.  Do we all, not advocate for our children?

For some teams, COVID-19 ends IHSAA playoffs before they begin: 'It's devastating.'

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/10/23/covid-19-indiana-high-school-football-soccer-volleyball-teams-playoffs-cut-short/3739035001/

As of Thursday night, four Indiana high school football teams — Bedford North Lawrence, East Chicago, Hammond Gavit and Peru — have had their state tournament runs cut short before they began. As of earlier this week, 15 volleyball teams and six soccer teams had seen their seasons end prematurely, according to the IHSAA. As cases continue to rise in the state, the number of teams abruptly sent home figures to increase.

The positive cases in Miami County are rising. Peru football coach Romison Saint-Louis knew several students in the school had tested positive. On Wednesday, he got the phone call.

“I was informed that some athletes of mine were in contact with a student that tested positive,” he said. “We were trying to figure out who we're going to replace him with. A couple hours later, we found out that the whole school was shutting down. None of our athletes tested positive, but unfortunately due to contact tracing and the increased numbers of positive cases in our school, they shut us down. The county sheriff's department made the decision to have us go to online learning at the high school.”

Peru was 7-2, guaranteed its first winning season since 2016 and hoping to compete for its first sectional title since 1982. 

“Obviously, this is not how we wanted the season to end. But these are circumstances,” Saint-Louis said. “I know they felt hurt. As competitors, we want to go out and compete for an opportunity to win a championship. That's what the season was about. I told them it's understandable if they're frustrated, but we can't just focus and linger on the circumstances.”

The team’s 10 seniors never got that opportunity.

“I feel really hurt for our senior group. They've gone through a lot,” Saint-Louis said. “They have set such a good foundation that we can continue to build on for our program. It's tough that they didn't get to compete in their playoffs because they definitely have earned that.”

A hard lesson in the realities of life.  Sometimes it give you lemons.................

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

For some teams, COVID-19 ends IHSAA playoffs before they begin: 'It's devastating.'

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/10/23/covid-19-indiana-high-school-football-soccer-volleyball-teams-playoffs-cut-short/3739035001/

A hard lesson in the realities of life.  Sometimes it give you lemons.................

Thank you for posting this Muda. 

From my area, the link above, says Hammond Gavit. I was not aware of Gavit canceling their game vs. Hobart. I know Hammond Clark cancelled their game vs. River Forest as @Bobref posted. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DE said:

From my area, the link above, says Hammond Gavit. I was not aware of Gavit canceling their game vs. Hobart. I know Hammond Clark cancelled their game vs. River Forest as @Bobref posted. 

I spoke with the referee on the crew assigned the Gavit - Hobart game 3 hours ago and he hadn’t been notified of any cancellation.

• Sad 1

By my count there were over 100 Indiana Hs football games that took place last night not counting the the 4 that will occur sat night.  That’s over 200 teams participating.  Thousands of families in the stands. Passionate families from what I saw last night. Thousands of memories.  Some good... Some tears.  That’s what it’s all about.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2020 at 11:27 AM, Muda69 said:

On 10/23/2020 at 2:40 PM, DE said:

On 10/23/2020 at 4:06 PM, Bobref said:

I spoke with the referee on the crew assigned the Gavit - Hobart game 3 hours ago and he hadn’t been notified of any cancellation.

Gavit/Hobart game DID take place.... looks like Matthew VanTryon from Indy Star needs to get his facts right !

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 5:40 PM, Gipper said:

Then again, I don’t feel the administrators arrived at their decisions on a whim.  They are giving the virus the respect that is so badly needed.

Administrators are all in cover their backside mode.  Most have no clue what they are doing.  The virus is not a factor for children.  Period.  A very, very small % factor for anyone under the age of 70 too.  But we stopped dealing with reality long ago.