Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cancel Tournament Now - End Season and Count Your Blessings

Guest DT

The regular season has been completed and conference champions have been crowned

Given the rapidly spreading advance of Covid and the onset of natural flu season, it's time to pack in the season and call it a day.  The IHSAA has successfully navigated the virus through the fall season.  No further need to press your luck given the potential downside

6 minutes ago, DT said:

The regular season has been completed and conference champions have been crowned

Given the rapidly spreading advance of Covid and the onset of natural flu season, it's time to pack in the season and call it a day.  The IHSAA has successfully navigated the virus through the fall season.  No further need to press your luck given the potential downside

No.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DT said:

ur dum

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1
  • Sit and spin 1

Just go with Mythical State Champs by class this season and protect the kids from further outbreak.

Rarely in state history have we seen such overwhelming favorites by class heading into the state tournament.  The playoffs are really just a formality at this point.  This might be the most predictable playoff in state history

6A - Center Grove  / They will roll thru unchallenged

5A - Cathedral / Same as above

4A - Its a 4 team race between Mt Vernon, Mooresville, East Central and Roncalli

3A - Chatard / Same as 6A and 5A

2A - Andrean / Same as 6A, 5A and 3A

1A - Lutheran / South Adams appears to be the only challenger

If Roncalli pulls it share of the weight, you will have "5" PP champs.

15 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

ur dum

You must be a New Palestine graduate.

1 minute ago, DT said:

Just go with Mythical State Champs by class this season and protect the kids from further outbreak.

Rarely in state history have we seen such overwhelming favorites by class heading into the state tournament.  The playoffs are really just a formality at this point.  This might be the most predictable playoff in state history

4A - Its a 4 team race between Mt Vernon, Mooresville, East Central and Roncalli

Yep.  The state finals, if they are even played,  will be yawners.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DT said:

you will have "5" PP champs

Looks like success factor wasn't enough to counteract the inherit human capital advantages P/Ps enjoy, time to add a multiplier to it.

Oh....the tournament will go on as that is $$$ time.  Is there any evidence that HS football games have contributed to higher "case counts" in Indiana?

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Looks like success factor wasn't enough to counteract the inherit human capital advantages P/Ps enjoy, time to add a multiplier to it.

Oh....the tournament will go on as that is $$$ time.  Is there any evidence that HS football games have contributed to higher "case counts" in Indiana?

I prefer a automatic one class bump up for p/p's.     And of course the best solution is a true system of promotion/relegation, get enrollment out of the equation completely.

Yes, big $ with most if not all venues, including the taxpayer funded boondoggle called Lucas Oil Stadium,  at 25% or less capacity.

Just now, Muda69 said:

I prefer a automatic one class bump up for p/p's.     And of course the best solution is a true system of promotion/relegation, get enrollment out of the equation completely.

Yes, big $ with most if not all venues, including the taxpayer funded boondoggle called Lucas Oil Stadium,  at 25% or less capacity.

And this ridiculous up and down movement from to class to class needs to end.  Its demotivational for a program to get used to 3A post season competition and then drop down to 2A, regardless of the reason.

Agree with Muda that ALL PPs bump Plus 1 class automatically  Therer should be no PPs in 1A, ever.

Covid is widening the gap between the haves and the have nots.  We could very well be on the leading edge of a new wave of PP Hegemony.  

1 hour ago, DT said:

I find a severe lack of sophistication with these NP posters.  I thought that community was supposed to be going more upscale.  No?

I find a severe lack of coherent and logical thought with your posts, but alas spewing any kind of misinformation during your "hiatus" is very much your modus operandi. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disdain 1

17 minutes ago, Coach Harvey said:

I find a severe lack of coherent and logical thought with your posts, but alas spewing any kind of misinformation during your "hiatus" is very much your modus operandi. 

This is a critical issue and I felt compelled to address it and comment on it

Before the season started, I was an advocate for a regular season only, conference champs only this season.  I still believe that is a wise and prudent path

3 hours ago, DT said:

I bet you drive a car.  Delusion or devils advocate?

IHSAA, teams, schools and counties have all implemented guidelines based upon data and the facts surrounding the current situation.  We’ve had a great season.  Looking forward to watching teams play in a great tournament.  Looking forward to watching the seniors play out their final games of their careers. This topic / post has my vote for the worst of this season.

• Like 4

The #3 team in 1A has already had to bow out of the tournament due to covid-19:

How much more damage will there be?

If this tournament does go on and is completed in November the winners of those classes that have at least one school that has had to drop out due to covid-19 should have an asterisk (*) beside them.

As a fan of a team that has a legit chance to get to state and as someone who lives with a person who is vulnerable to the virus, I must admit I’m very torn in this discussion, but I hope the IHSAA doesn’t shut down the tournament unless infection rates continue to increase. Football has been a great escape and has provided a sense of normalcy during all of this for both the kids and the fans and I’d hate to see the tournament end like that. However, if infection rates got close to 20%, I think the IHSAA would have to take a hard look at ending the tournament, but I really hope that doesn’t happen, nor do I think it will to be honest. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DT said:

So since you have it as a 4 team race. so whats your plan just give all 4 of the teams a state title? 

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

You must be a New Palestine graduate.

Yep.  The state finals, if they are even played,  will be yawners.

And wont even be played at Lucas Oil Stadium!!   Think of that.."How do you let highschool teams play in there with fans when  Pro cant even??"    Pretty crazy to keep playing 

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

As a fan of a team that has a legit chance to get to state and as someone who lives with a person who is vulnerable to the virus, I must admit I’m very torn in this discussion, but I hope the IHSAA doesn’t shut down the tournament unless infection rates continue to increase. Football has been a great escape and has provided a sense of normalcy during all of this for both the kids and the fans and I’d hate to see the tournament end like that. However, if infection rates got close to 20%, I think the IHSAA would have to take a hard look at ending the tournament, but I really hope that doesn’t happen, nor do I think it will to be honest. 

What are the percentage rates now?

6 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

And wont even be played at Lucas Oil Stadium!!   Think of that.."How do you let highschool teams play in there with fans when  Pro cant even??"    Pretty crazy to keep playing 

Colts games are being played with 12,500 spectators distanced throughout the stadium. I've been to the last two games and people are very spread out. Concessions are prepackaged only, not a lot of crowding at entrances. I think the finals will be fine, especially if each school gets a specific allotment. Lucas Oil has 63K seats. It's a pretty big place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Colts games are being played with 12,500 spectators distanced throughout the stadium. I've been to the last two games and people are very spread out. Concessions are prepackaged only, not a lot of crowding at entrances. I think the finals will be fine, especially if each school gets a specific allotment. Lucas Oil has 63K seats. It's a pretty big place. 

Thank you.

5 hours ago, DT said:

I know of a team that is currently ranked 2nd in the polls in 2A who beat Andrean last year that would beg to differ.

• Like 1