Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cancel Tournament Now - End Season and Count Your Blessings

Guest DT

7 hours ago, DT said:

The regular season has been completed and conference champions have been crowned

Given the rapidly spreading advance of Covid and the onset of natural flu season, it's time to pack in the season and call it a day.  The IHSAA has successfully navigated the virus through the fall season.  No further need to press your luck given the potential downside

Didn't you say you werent posting until the playoffs ended? Come on dude. Be a man of your word. 

4 hours ago, Coach Harvey said:

I find a severe lack of coherent and logical thought with your posts, but alas spewing any kind of misinformation during your "hiatus" is very much your modus operandi. 

I agree with this. +1

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DT said:

I find a severe lack of sophistication with these NP posters.  I thought that community was supposed to be going more upscale.  No?

We all did too, but you went back on your word to leave and kept posting.  But, we're dealing with it.

1 hour ago, Football Guru 25 said:

And wont even be played at Lucas Oil Stadium!!   Think of that.."How do you let highschool teams play in there with fans when  Pro cant even??"    Pretty crazy to keep playing 

What are the percentage rates now?

Last time I checked the whole state was at 8.5%, up from 7.5% the previous month. The worst hit counties (Marion and Lake, for example) are above 10%. The only thing that worries me is that I’m the numbers are currently trending in the wrong direction. Obviously we probably won’t get even close to a 20% rate statewide, I was just throwing out a number I thought would be reasonable to actually have the discussion of cancelling the tournament. 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I would worry about Counties going to "RED" and if I am not mistaken, RED under guidelines means no ECA for anyone.   

In the WRC, the schools have decided that even if the county has gone RED, extra curricular activities will continue. I think the local health departments must be loosening up on what they are advising.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, superjay said:

This would have been a great season to do a small tournament.  Take top 12 or 16 in each class and do a tournament.  Use Sagarin to seed them and play it out.

Lol at using sagarin. Very broken this year. Has been great in the past but this years ratings are bonkers

3 hours ago, superjay said:

This would have been a great season to do a small tournament.  Take top 12 or 16 in each class and do a tournament.  Use Sagarin to seed them and play it out.

So just eliminate Fort Wayne altogether?

Edited by BTF

I will not jump on the “DT is crazy” bandwagon.  COVID is not going away, many of my daughter’s classmates are in quarantine, and many other football programs not named the IHSAA have been hit hard.  Coach Jeff Brohm of Purdue University has it, many players at Notre Dame have had it, even the NFL has been affected.  We made it through the season, good for us, but why risk anything further?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fartfry18 said:

Lol at using sagarin. Very broken this year. Has been great in the past but this years ratings are bonkers

Nothing wrong with Sagarin, MaxPreps, etc., etc.  

You simply can’t apply analytics to closed conferences because there aren’t any links to the remaining 310 teams in the state.  It baffles me that folks can’t wrap their head around this.

This year, the SIAC also became a closed conference (along with the SAC).  Now you have 20 teams (@6.25% of the HS teams playing football) from 2 conferences from opposite corners of the State that you really can’t evaluate THROUGH ANY ANALYTICAL APPROACH until post-season play begins.

The problem isn’t with Sagarin, MaxPreps, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fartfry18 said:

It is only bonkers for the closed conferences like the SIAC.  You guys need to fire either Jasper or Vincennes and send them to the PAC so you can go out into the world with a non-conference game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

It is only bonkers for the closed conferences like the SIAC.  You guys need to fire either Jasper or Vincennes and send them to the PAC so you can go out into the world with a non-conference game.

Proposal:  Vincennes goes to the Large School PAC conference and North Knox goes to the small school conference.  We LOVE Knox county!!

That leaves the PAC schools with two non-conference games and the SIAC teams with one.....and Vincennes won't crush their program with winning 2 to 3 games every year.

Edited by Titan32

1 hour ago, DE said:

Dwenger?

I admit, I do not review sagarin. 

Sagarin has Dwenger as the 114th best team in the state. It's a flawed ranking for closed conferences like the SAC (Fort Wayne). See Lysander's post. 

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

I will not jump on the “DT is crazy” bandwagon.  COVID is not going away, many of my daughter’s classmates are in quarantine, and many other football programs not named the IHSAA have been hit hard.  Coach Jeff Brohm of Purdue University has it, many players at Notre Dame have had it, even the NFL has been affected.  We made it through the season, good for us, but why risk anything further?

Honest question, do you think that those kids under some sort of sports/team discipline to limit their exposure opportunities or those kids under no discipline at all as regards exposing themselves to COVID are more likely to catch and spread COVID?

I’d be willing to bet that kids under team discipline have actually limited the spread versus their non-sports contemporaries.

My point being that proceeding with the season actually decreases the risk.

Edited by Lysander

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

Sagarin has Dwenger as the 114th best team in the state. It's a flawed ranking for closed conferences like the SAC (Fort Wayne). See Lysander's post. 

The SAC ratings will correct after this weekend once they play outside of their conference

8 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Honest question, do you think that those kids under some sort of sports/team discipline to limit their exposure opportunities or those kids under no discipline at all as regards exposing themselves to COVID are more likely to catch and spread COVID?

I’d be willing to bet that kids under team discipline have actually limited the spread versus their non-sports contemporaries.

My point being that proceeding with the season actually decreases the risk.

It’s not just the players.  Coaches, support staff, and fans are far from immune.  Actually they’re at higher risk.

1 hour ago, DE said:

Dwenger?

I admit, I do not review sagarin. 

Nor do I.  

2 minutes ago, Gipper said:

It’s not just the players.  Coaches, support staff, and fans are far from immune.  Actually they’re at higher risk.

And all of them are under a much more controlled environment than they would be outside of the sports setting.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BTF said:

Thank you for the information BTF.  As I said, I do not review Sagarin.

12 hours ago, DT said:

Just go with Mythical State Champs by class this season and protect the kids from further outbreak.

Rarely in state history have we seen such overwhelming favorites by class heading into the state tournament.  The playoffs are really just a formality at this point.  This might be the most predictable playoff in state history

6A - Center Grove  / They will roll thru unchallenged

5A - Cathedral / Same as above

4A - Its a 4 team race between Mt Vernon, Mooresville, East Central and Roncalli

3A - Chatard / Same as 6A and 5A

2A - Andrean / Same as 6A, 5A and 3A

1A - Lutheran / South Adams appears to be the only challenger

If Roncalli pulls it share of the weight, you will have "5" PP champs.

What a joke!  Are you smoking something?   I have seen plenty a ranked team knocked out!  Anyone is beatable any given day!  

Just now, Alduflux said:

To be fair to GS it is commonly accepted that they were onboard with joining the SIAC but couldn't find a 4th team to join them.

GS does not belong in the SIAC.  They are a small country school.  The SIAC is the big school conference for that part of the state.  GS has a massively inflated view of itself, which emanates from the very top of the program

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Proposal:  Vincennes goes to the Large School PAC conference and North Knox goes to the small school conference.  We LOVE Knox county!!

That leaves the PAC schools with two non-conference games and the SIAC teams with one.....and Vincennes won't crush their program with winning 2 to 3 games every year.

Any reason why south Knox doesn’t have football?