Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 25 & 26

Mishawaka Marian looks like the team to beat out of these two sectionals.  Are there any challengers who can give them a game?

Sectional 27 & 28

I like Norwell to advance in 27, and 28 is a bit of a toss-up.  Chatard and West Laf are the favorites, but other teams can compete with them in 28.

Sectional 29 & 30

In 29, I can see Danville, Indian Creek, and Tri-West all competing with Ritter as a darkhorse.  Sectional 30 looks like it could be any of those teams.

Sectional 31 & 32

I like Stinktown in 31.  They need to watch out for Brownstown Central tonight, but I like the Tigers to advance.  In 32, history shows that when Southridge is good, they're really good.  I am looking forward to Southridge vs. LBurg

Sectional 25- Seems like Knox is a presumed favorite here but I like Hanover to win their first sectional title in school history. They’ll be rewarded by getting steamrolled by Marian in the regional. 

Sectional 26- Marian should win this easily.

Sectional 27- Norwell and Concordia should meet in the final and it should be a good one. I’ll take Concordia to win and earn the right to being Chatard’s next stepping stone in the regional. 

Sectional 28- Can’t see this one as a toss up at all, Chatard should be favored by 2-3 TDs against both WL and Brebeuf. Maybe one or even both of those teams keeps it interesting for a half, but Chatard should cruise. 

Sectional 29- I think Danville and Tri-West will meet up again in the final in a good game. It’s hard to beat a team twice let alone a rival, but I think Danville makes it to the regional.

Sectional 30- Sullivan or Vincennes Lincoln should win, I’ll go with Vincennes.

Sectional 31- Lawrenceburg is the favorite, but Brownstown Central or Franklin County could pull off the upset.

Sectional 32- Southridge should win, but Gibson Southern could pull off the upset in round 2. 

Regionals:

Marian over Hanover by at least 5 TDs

Chatard over Concordia by 3-4 TDs 

Danville over Vincennes Lincoln by 3 TDs

Southridge over Lawrenceburg by a TD

Semistate:

Chatard over Marian by 2 TDs

Southridge over Danville by a TD

State: 

Chatard over Southridge by 3 TDs

6 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Maybe the question should be “who gives Chatard the best game”?

im going with either WL second game of sectional (at WL) or Marion.  I think (or hope) one of them will keep it under 14.

Every time they have played Hamilton Heights in the tournament, they’ve won a State Championship. 2002, 2007, 2010, 2013

I’m obviously a Chatard fan.....and the kids have played really well, generally, this year, but it’s not last year’s team (at least, not yet) which could be pretty dominating.  I have to think they will, once again, simply be happy to survive the nightmare that is Sectional 28 again.

My general opinion (just an opinion) is that 3A at the upper end is down a little bit this season as compared to the last 3 years and that there are several teams out there that might surprise everyone.

I do find it really interesting to see just how strong Marian is this year. I came away with the impression last year that they were graduating a LOT of talent.  It doesn’t look as if they’ve missed a beat.

Edited by Lysander

North:

I’d really like to see the Norwell / Concordia game happen.  17-14 game last year but was played in the slop.  Will be on turf this year and both teams brought pretty much everyone back.

Not sure either can keep it close against Chatard but who knows.  Maybe the sectional 28 meat grinder will take something out of them.

Marion has their ticket punched to semi state.

1 minute ago, Purdue Pete said:

North:

I’d really like to see the Norwell / Concordia game happen.  17-14 game last year but was played in the slop.  Will be on turf this year and both teams brought pretty much everyone back.

Not sure either can keep it close against Chatard but who knows.  Maybe the sectional 28 meat grinder will take something out of them.

Marion has their ticket punched to semi state.

Marion isn't 3A you must have meant Marian

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

Maybe the question should be “who gives Chatard the best game”?

im going with either WL second game of sectional (at WL) or Marion.  I think (or hope) one of them will keep it under 14.

GC over WL... that’s why they play the game... love the tournament!  Hate my predictions!

6 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

GC over WL... that’s why they play the game... love the tournament!  Hate my predictions!

Just a solid win by GC who, for the most part, outplayed WL throughout......despite almost giving it away in those last 2 minutes.  Typical “grind it out” Dilly win.  GC looked good and will meet Chatard at Chatard (for the 2nd time this season).

if you look at their record, they’ve only lost to pretty strong playoff-type teams.  Admittedly a couple of those losses being bad ones.

Edited by Lysander

14 minutes ago, tango said:

I hope not all the 3A teams take the attitude that Chatard is unbeatable.  Anyone is beatable.

I think they are beatable. I've seen both them and West Lafayette play this year and before the upset of West Lafayette by Guerin, I would have picked WL to win.  I'm not sure who's left in 3A that could give them a good game though. They ARE good, but there are chinks that could be exploited by the right opponent.

• Like 1

To echo @Lysander's earlier comments, this is not the same Chatard team as last year's team. I think they are more than capable of making another run, but there are a number of really good 3A teams with the talent to beat them. Beating an improving Guerin and a very dangerous Brebeuf twice in the same season won't be a walk in the park, let alone Concordia, Marian, and one of several good teams from the South. Definitely don't agree with the "give Chatard the trophy already" comments, and I wouldn't suspect the players or coaches do either.

• Thanks 1

Interested to see how the rest of the field pans out. I think there could be some more shockers as seen with Guerin and West Lafayette...

Regionals:

Marian over River Forest by 3 scores

Danville over Sullivan by at least 3 scores

Chatard over Norwell by 4/5 scores 

Southridge over Lburg in a nailbiter

Semi-State:

#1 Chatard beats #2 Marian by at least 2 or 3 scores; chatard defense dominates

Southridge beats Danville in what was a close game early but pull away late

State:

Chatard over Southridge by at least 2 scores  

Would love to see some upsets play out, but in the end I think Chatard is peaking as we speak and there will be very little teams can do to stop them from rolling through once again. Most interesting matchups left for the Trojans will be a rematch of last years semi state with Marian and a new contender in Southridge. In my opinion these are the only 2 teams with a shot to shock the Trojans.

3 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Poor Titans....no chance it seems in 32.

All this thread sees is records. I believe GS has a very good chance at representing the south at Lucas. It is not an easy task to beat a Nick Hart team twice in one season. I do believe Southridge is the better all around team than GS, but not by 20 pts. This Friday will be a dogfight between the two.

20 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

All this thread sees is records. I believe GS has a very good chance at representing the south at Lucas. It is not an easy task to beat a Nick Hart team twice in one season. I do believe Southridge is the better all around team than GS, but not by 20 pts. This Friday will be a dogfight between the two.

No doubt this will be a good game. GS could very likely beat this Southridge team. Definitely a top 3 team in the south with Danville and Southridge. I could see any one of those 3 teams making it to LOS, Southridge is just who I predict will do it