Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

On 10/26/2020 at 12:06 PM, superjay said:

Chatard hasn’t beat Danville since 2013.  0-2 since.

Would love to see a rematch of these 2 teams take place in LOS. If I remember correctly, Danville knocked chatard out of playoffs 2 years in a row in 2016 and 2017? Lot of bad blood between these teams. I’m sure both programs would love to prove who’s on top now

2 hours ago, Hoosier1102 said:

Would love to see a rematch of these 2 teams take place in LOS. If I remember correctly, Danville knocked chatard out of playoffs 2 years in a row in 2016 and 2017? Lot of bad blood between these teams. I’m sure both programs would love to prove who’s on top now

Remember though, those were "down years" for Chatard

14 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Remember though, those were "down years" for Chatard

I'm assuming a Chatard poster must have defended the losses with that excuse?  Second or third time I've seen someone make reference to that.  I don't know about those being "down years". Chatard had some pretty good players on those teams.  Danville was just flat out better both years.  I thought Danville was going to win the whole thing in 2017, they just happened to run into another fantastic team in Evansville Memorial.

I think there's wayyyy more parity in 3A this year than in previous years.  There are legitimately 8-10 teams that have a realistic shot at making it to Lucas Oil.  Should be a fun couple weeks to watch!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2020 at 12:08 PM, Titan32 said:

Poor Titans....no chance it seems in 32.

Not from me!  I have said for a 3 weeks when GS defense started clicking that the Titans will have their opportunity to get destroyed by Chatard at Lucas Oil.  With that said, I will be rooting for the Titans (or Raiders, or Tigers, or anybody that plays them).  

Who knows, with the 'rona it could change everything.  The only problem with Chatard losing their first string is that their second string is better than the rest of the state's first.  I'm looking forward to them going to 4A to dominate there.

I'd like to see #18 against those DBs at BC.  They are fast, and put on a tackling clinic.  They made us look alot slower than we were.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

4 really good teams left in the 3A bracket.  No way that there is a 20 pt difference between Chatard and the other three schools.  I expect two good games this weekend and another on Thanksgiving weekend.  Hopefully, the Trojans will still be playing . . . actually, I hope someone, anyone will still be playing.

• Like 2

Its wide open as far as I'm concerned.  Chatard's advantage is generally scheduling a Top 20 schedule during the regular season.  They will lose some but also know how to play and win against bigger and more talented teams (see Merrillville).

At this time of year, those more talented teams have "caught up" and its a legitimate battle in every game...where Chatard used to have an advantage.

On 10/28/2020 at 8:39 AM, Hoosier1102 said:

The best high school game I ever worked was the 2002 sectional championship between 11-0, #1 ranked Chatard, and 11-0, #2 ranked Danville. Danville scored with seconds left, went for 2, and didn’t get it. The physicality of that game, a packed house, the de facto state championship game, all came together for a great high school football experience.

That game was no place for the faint of heart, I assure you. They could only hope to approach that this time. But it should be a great football game.

• Like 1