Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 10 Scores and Updates - 2020 Sectional Round 1

9 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Rensselaer 78,

Bowman 0

I’m not kidding.

Southwood over Northfield 36-0 and there is only one remaining Midwest conference team playing next week:

the South Newton Rebels

they got a bye and will play North Judson who eked out a 54-0 win over West Central.

Edited by Gipper

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Wasn’t Tell City missing over 20 players?

So what do you want , the Miners to apologize for winning?  No one cries for Linton when they have a bunch of missing players due to injuries during the season.  They always play with who they have.   It's called "Next man up".  I could care less if TC was down to the head coach.  Bottom line, Linton won.  If TC can't stay healthy, that isn't the Miners fault.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

9 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

So what do you want , the Miners to apologize for winning?  No one cries for Linton when they have a bunch of missing players due to injuries during the season.  They always play with who they have.   It's called "Next man up".  I could care less if TC was down to the head coach.  Bottom line, Linton won.  If TC can't stay healthy, that isn't the Miners fault.

Next man up with half their team out? You need to lighten up Francis I swear to God you do

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Your IQ is about the same as your shoe size.  I don't need to "swear to anything" about that.   You prove it post after post.

So having half the team out wasn’t the reason you were able to say things like “Liptons dominated “ or Minors are tourney ready “? Even Forrest Gumps could admit that. I gotta go 

I can't speak for Tell City's situation.  From my understanding Covid hit pretty hard.  Depth and lack of practice probably hurt them the most. 

As for their "Guys", from tape... they were suited up.  Maybe not at 100% physically or mentally, but they battled.  They deserve a lot of credit.  We all knew a good team was going to be done.  

I felt like depth hurt them as the game progressed.  Linton has created nice depth as the season has progressed.  

Full strength... I felt like the Miners were a favorite with how we have been playing as of late.  It is also worthy of noting... TC had multiple turnovers.   Good teams bow out early when that happens.  I think we had 4 or 5 against Mater Dei last year... hard to bounce back from that against good teams.

3 hours ago, southend said:

Kind of a surprise, Fort Wayne South wins their 2nd game of the season . 30-20 .over New Haven with a 5-5 season .

NH didn’t really have any quality wins other than Pioneer which is a 1A school playing up I believe.  Their jr class has some ball players but not much else.  Would not surprise me to see some of those Jrs ending up on a SAC team next year.

On 10/24/2020 at 11:22 AM, Purdue Pete said:

NH didn’t really have any quality wins other than Pioneer which is a 1A school playing up I believe.  Their jr class has some ball players but not much else.  Would not surprise me to see some of those Jrs ending up on a SAC team next year.

Interesting about the Bulldogs. Does the East Allen school system have transfer rules? I know the Ft. Wayne system is open. The district line for New Haven used to butt up with R. Nelson . Back in the day,  kids on or close to that line ,some would enroll at either school. For various reasons.

5 hours ago, southend said:

Where did Norwell come from, the last 2 years? Not much of a history there but very cool they are getting noticed.

I’ve watched this program for the last 15-20 years.  I will not comment on the previous coaching staff.  Or maybe I just did.

That said... new staff has been watching / pointing to this senior class since the coaching change in 2016.  They’re a special group of young men.  Program pivoted around them.  Talent pool is solid for 3A 11-7th.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, southend said:

Interesting about the Bulldogs. Does the East Allen school system have transfer rules? I know the Ft. Wayne system is open. The district line for New Haven used to butt up with R. Nelson . Back in the day,  kids on or close to that line ,some would enroll at either school. For various reasons.

Not sure about the boundaries but with open enroll seems like kids go where they want.  something odd happened at NH.  They used to roll over most NE8 MIddle school teams. But their soph-7th classes couldn’t compete in either football or basketball.  Like there was a mass exodus of athletes.  I’m not plugged in there so m not in the know.  Just see the results.

On 10/25/2020 at 7:27 PM, Purdue Pete said:

Not sure about the boundaries but with open enroll seems like kids go where they want.  something odd happened at NH.  They used to roll over most NE8 MIddle school teams. But their soph-7th classes couldn’t compete in either football or basketball.  Like there was a mass exodus of athletes.  I’m not plugged in there so m not in the know.  Just see the results.

The Bulldogs never really have had much of a sports history. I mean of high caliber teams. Here and there they have had a few group of good  athletes move through the school. But on a whole, no really dominant teams from any sports. Going back lots of years.

On 10/25/2020 at 1:22 PM, southend said:

East Allen does have boundaries.  If i'm not mistaken, though, you can choose what high school you want to attend before 9th grade but then transfer rules apply after that if you decide to change schools within district.

• Thanks 1