Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I saw 3A and 6A threads, why not an 4a thread 

North Sectionals 

Sectional 17- Hobart is definitely the favorite in this one, expect them to head to regionals 

Sectional 18- I honestly do not know too much about these teams, but I would favor Kankakee Valley 

Sectional 19- I would choose Leo in this one, with East Noble being 2nd and  contend  

Sectional 20- Delta is the clear favorite in this 

South Sectionals

Sectional 21- Easily Mount Vernon 

Sectional 22- Easily Roncalli 

Sectional 23- I'll give Mooresville as the favorite, though East Central/Silver are definitely contenders since one of those teams will meet Mooresville in the Semi Final 

Sectional 24- Central should be the clear favorite in this one, however, Jasper could potentially pull off the upset in the 1st round. While Memorial and Northview will loom back until they fight it out tonight. 

Regionals: 

North Regionals 

Hobart over Kankakee Valley- Hobart is a very good team and should not have a problem 

Delta over Leo- 2 pretty good teams, but I think Delta will edge Leo 

South Regionals 

Roncalli over Mt. Vernon- I honestly can see this one can go either way, but Roncalli does player tougher opponents 

Mooresville over Central- Central is having a great season as they are undefeated, however, Mooresville has better athletes and is coached extremely well. Though Central will give them a hard time 

Semi States: 

Hobart over Delta- Another tough one to pick, depending where they play Hobart should be able to contain Delta 

Roncalli over Mooresville- Another tough one, but from the looks of it, it will be a close in the south 

State 

Roncalli over Hobart- Should be a good hypothetically match up, but I think Roncalli will win by around 6-12 points 

 

*This is what I think may happen and I know very well some teams could make huge surprises in the tournament.* 

Discuss below: 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

I saw 3A and 6A threads, why not an 4a thread 

North Sectionals 

Sectional 17- Hobart is definitely the favorite in this one, expect them to head to regionals 

Sectional 18- I honestly do not know too much about these teams, but I would favor Kankakee Valley 

Sectional 19- I would choose Leo in this one, with East Noble being 2nd and  contend  

Sectional 20- Delta is the clear favorite in this 

South Sectionals

Sectional 21- Easily Mount Vernon 

Sectional 22- Easily Roncalli 

Sectional 23- I'll give Mooresville as the favorite, though East Central/Silver are definitely contenders since one of those teams will meet Mooresville in the Semi Final 

Sectional 24- Central should be the clear favorite in this one, however, Jasper could potentially pull off the upset in the 1st round. While Memorial and Northview will loom back until they fight it out tonight. 

 

North Sectionals 

Sectional 17- Hobart should definitely come out on top in this sectional. 

Sectional 18- Kankakee Valley and New Prairie should meet week 2. I think whoever wins that should win the sectional.

Sectional 19- Leo/Northridge is a huge first week matchup here. Both teams have great defenses and want to run the ball. The winner of this should face and beat East Noble in the championship.

Sectional 20- Delta none of the FW schools can compete with them.

South Sectionals

Sectional 21- Mount Vernon will most likely play Pendleton Heights in round 2, if they can escape that they should win.

Sectional 22- Roncalli 

Sectional 23- Mooresville will have to battle, but I see them coming out on top in 23. 

Sectional 24- Jasper gets revenge and pulls off the upset to win 24.

Edited by Prospect
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with a lot of your picks here, but here’s my thoughts for the sake of discussion.

Sectional 17: Hobart will play Lowell in the final in a make up of a game cancelled due to covid, and will win handily. 

Sectional 18: New Prairie or KV has to be the favorite here, I’ll take KV to win their first sectional since 1985.

Sectional 19: Should come down to Leo and East Noble in the title game, I’ll take Leo in a close one. 

Sectional 20: As you mentioned Delta is the clear favorite.

Sectional 21: Mount Vernon should win but Pendleton Heights could pull the upset

Sectional 22: Roncalli handily

Sectional 23: I think Mooresville will win but I can’t count out East Central 

Sectional 24: Evansville Central is the favorite but it’s hard to beat a team twice, I could see Jasper pulling an upset. As you said Memorial is also a dark horse here. I’ll take Central to make it to the regional however. 

Regionals:

Hobart over KV by 3 TDs

Leo over Delta by a TD

Mount Vernon over Roncalli by a TD

Mooresville over Central by a TD

Semistate:

Hobart over Leo by 2 TDs

Mount Vernon over Moorseville by a TD

State:

Mount Vernon over Hobart by 2 TDs

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sectional 17–Lowell will give Hobart everything they can handle.   But the winner could easily advance to the State Finals.

 

Sectional 28–KV is not there yet.  New Prairie will win big.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Sectional 17–Lowell will give Hobart everything they can handle.   But the winner could easily advance to the State Finals.

 

Sectional 28–KV is not there yet.  New Prairie will win big.

The Lowell team I saw play Andrean last week will be lucky if they keep the game within 3 TDs against Hobart. On your second point, I’ve seen Andrean play both KV and NP this year, can’t say one looked much better than the other, I expect that game to be a good one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

The Lowell team I saw play Andrean last week will be lucky if they keep the game within 3 TDs against Hobart. On your second point, I’ve seen Andrean play both KV and NP this year, can’t say one looked much better than the other, I expect that game to be a good one.

Games are not transitive.  Congratulations to Andrean on their win, but that doesn’t mean squat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Games are not transitive.  Congratulations to Andrean on their win, but that doesn’t mean squat.

No one said they were, the point being made was that judging from the Hobart team I’ve seen earlier this year, and the Lowell team I saw last week, Hobart will likely maul Lowell when they play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

No one said they were, the point being made was that judging from the Hobart team I’ve seen earlier this year, and the Lowell team I saw last week, Hobart will likely maul Lowell when they play.

Speculation only, run along.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Agree with a lot of your picks here, but here’s my thoughts for the sake of discussion.

Sectional 17: Hobart will play Lowell in the final in a make up of a game cancelled due to covid, and will win handily. 

Sectional 18: New Prairie or KV has to be the favorite here, I’ll take KV to win their first sectional since 1985.

Sectional 19: Should come down to Leo and East Noble in the title game, I’ll take Leo in a close one. 

Sectional 20: As you mentioned Delta is the clear favorite.

Sectional 21: Mount Vernon should win but Pendleton Heights could pull the upset

Sectional 22: Roncalli handily

Sectional 23: I think Mooresville will win but I can’t count out East Central 

Sectional 24: Evansville Central is the favorite but it’s hard to beat a team twice, I could see Jasper pulling an upset. As you said Memorial is also a dark horse here. I’ll take Central to make it to the regional however. 

Regionals:

Hobart over KV by 3 TDs

Leo over Delta by a TD

Mount Vernon over Roncalli by a TD

Mooresville over Central by a TD

Semistate:

Hobart over Leo by 2 TDs

Mount Vernon over Moorseville by a TD

State:

Mount Vernon over Hobart by 2 TDs

 

KV goes down—alas...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

New Prairie also out as Plymouth wins 36-20, must admit I’m surprised, thought it was one of these teams sectional to lose. 

It’s the tournament—arguing is senseless—good luck along the way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Big game this weekend with East Central at Mooresville.  East Central just wore Silver Creek down in a really decisive win against previously undefeated Silver Creek in a delayed game last night.

Still, East Central has (or at least has “had”) some COVID related issues, as I understand it, that might be dogging them.

It’s almost an ashame these two teams are playing this early but then there are a lot of good playoff teams down South this year....and it inevitable some of them are going to bump into one another early (Evansville Central v. Jasper already playing as an example). 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

EN looked V good tonight.  Leo is going to have their hands full.

Noble is up a notch this year. Leo seems like to be in the fight every year. With the stingy “Lions” defense, I think it is their year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lysander said:

Big game this weekend with East Central at Mooresville.  East Central just wore Silver Creek down in a really decisive win against previously undefeated Silver Creek in a delayed game last night.

Still, East Central has (or at least has “had”) some COVID related issues, as I understand it, that might be dogging them.

It’s almost an ashame these two teams are playing this early but then there are a lot of good playoff teams down South this year....and it inevitable some of them are going to bump into one another early (Evansville Central v. Jasper already playing as an example). 
 

I don’t have a very well-informed opinion.  I haven’t seen either team play this year.

But if Mooresville is anywhere near as good  as they were last year, I’m going with them - both in this game and in the regional.

Last year, Mooresville seemed solid at pretty much every position.  Very stingy defense.  Guys seemed to be properly positioned more often than not.  Executed well offensively as well.  O-line was not only massive, but had very good athleticism and footwork.

I have no idea how much they lost from that team.  And I can’t express any thoughts on EC, though they’re obviously really good too.

But it was easy to tell both how talented and well-coached Mooresville was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southend said:

Noble is up a notch this year. Leo seems like to be in the fight every year. With the stingy “Lions” defense, I think it is their year. 

Leo won by 24 in the regular season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jakone said:

Leo won by 24 in the regular season.

EN was without their best player in that game who will make a monumental difference should they meet in the championship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I don’t have a very well-informed opinion.  I haven’t seen either team play this year.

But if Mooresville is anywhere near as good  as they were last year, I’m going with them - both in this game and in the regional.

Last year, Mooresville seemed solid at pretty much every position.  Very stingy defense.  Guys seemed to be properly positioned more often than not.  Executed well offensively as well.  O-line was not only massive, but had very good athleticism and footwork.

I have no idea how much they lost from that team.  And I can’t express any thoughts on EC, though they’re obviously really good too.

But it was easy to tell both how talented and well-coached Mooresville was.

Although I have some ties to East Central and Roncalli.....and would like to see both teams do well, I’d really like to see Gillin and Mooresville go all the way.  He is one of the great Indiana HS coaches and he has done an incredible job there. The guy is more than deserving.

I know many are excited about Mt. Vernon (and Kirschner is all class) but I’m thinking that there is nothing but long term up side there.  They have Geist demographics and likely continued growth.  I have to think they are going to pull some HSE and Fishers athletes away in the future (if they already aren’t).  I do wonder if they don’t end up a 5A school or larger in terms of growth and capacity over the next few years.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 10:51 AM, MHSTigerFan said:

I don’t have a very well-informed opinion.  I haven’t seen either team play this year.

But if Mooresville is anywhere near as good  as they were last year, I’m going with them - both in this game and in the regional.

Last year, Mooresville seemed solid at pretty much every position.  Very stingy defense.  Guys seemed to be properly positioned more often than not.  Executed well offensively as well.  O-line was not only massive, but had very good athleticism and footwork.

I have no idea how much they lost from that team.  And I can’t express any thoughts on EC, though they’re obviously really good too.

But it was easy to tell both how talented and well-coached Mooresville was.

Mooresville has 2 OL who are committed to play at Purdue and the rest of their line is fairly large (not 100% sure but would be willing to say they average around 6'2 280 for their OL). Their QB is a sophomore but a very good athlete (also is 6'2 210). I think they are going to give any team they face this season troubles and are going to be a tough out. Hoping to see Gillin make the run to Thanksgiving weekend and to see the Mid-State represented well!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

Mooresville has 2 OL who are committed to play at Purdue and the rest of their line is fairly large (not 100% sure but would be willing to say they average around 6'2 280 for their OL). Their QB is a sophomore but a very good athlete (also is 6'2 210). I think they are going to give any team they face this season troubles and are going to be a tough out. Hoping to see Gillin make the run to Thanksgiving weekend and to see the Mid-State represented well!

No doubt about that!!  You guys were huge last year.  We had some decent sized linemen and they looked small next to your kids.  4A South is deep this year - Ev. Central, Mooresville, East Central, Roncalli, Mt. Vernon - anyone of them could win it all.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

Mooresville has 2 OL who are committed to play at Purdue and the rest of their line is fairly large (not 100% sure but would be willing to say they average around 6'2 280 for their OL). Their QB is a sophomore but a very good athlete (also is 6'2 210). I think they are going to give any team they face this season troubles and are going to be a tough out. Hoping to see Gillin make the run to Thanksgiving weekend and to see the Mid-State represented well!

Watching Mooresville play Leo was an eye opener for sure. Leo was my pick as one of the top teams for 4A North and Mooresville dominated every aspect of that game. Sure it was short notice, but Mooresville looked impressive on both sides of the ball. The QB is also a tremendous player, I believe he had a couple big runs in the Leo game and once he got out in space he was gone.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...