Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2020

Irishman

Boys and girls, IU has a defense.   You could see it last year, ,but this year it has arrived big time.   Holding vaunted Michigan to less than 20 yards rushing is off the charts.   Getting 2 picks killed Michigan from coming back in the game.   Since I've lived in Indiana (1995) and followed the Hoosiers, I can't remember a sweeter win.   In recent years IU has given Ohio State some tough games and that was mostly with offense alone.   Now with a killer defense, I won't be shocked if IU somehow upsets the Buckeyes.   IU was ranked 13th this week.   I believe they are a top ten team.   We'll see how the voters eye them.   Michigan State this week and Ohio State next week will be telling games.   Even if they lose to Ohio State, they are sure to get a good bowl this year and will stay in the polls.   It just sucks that they are playing like this and can't have a crowd at the games.   It looked like ND was sold out yesterday as evidenced by the mob on the field after their win. .  IU had crickets.  I am already seeing suggestions that Tom Allen is an early candidate for Big Ten Coach of the Year.   Rightly so.

AP Poll projection has IU at #10 

UC and BYU are ahead of the Hoosiers in the Top 10.  Crazy looking poll this year.  But we will take it.

Like to see a 48-21 type outcome against Sparty this week.  MSU gave up 49 to Iowa yesterday.  

9 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Boys and girls, IU has a defense.   You could see it last year, ,but this year it has arrived big time.   Holding vaunted Michigan to less than 20 yards rushing is off the charts.   Getting 2 picks killed Michigan from coming back in the game.   Since I've lived in Indiana (1995) and followed the Hoosiers, I can't remember a sweeter win.   In recent years IU has given Ohio State some tough games and that was mostly with offense alone.   Now with a killer defense, I won't be shocked if IU somehow upsets the Buckeyes.   IU was ranked 13th this week.   I believe they are a top ten team.   We'll see how the voters eye them.   Michigan State this week and Ohio State next week will be telling games.   Even if they lose to Ohio State, they are sure to get a good bowl this year and will stay in the polls.   It just sucks that they are playing like this and can't have a crowd at the games.   It looked like ND was sold out yesterday as evidenced by the mob on the field after their win. .  IU had crickets.  I am already seeing suggestions that Tom Allen is an early candidate for Big Ten Coach of the Year.   Rightly so.

You know IU had no control on tickets, right? Up to 1,000 for each school for player’s families, then students. ND attendance was listed at 46,500. How they were allowed to do that I have no idea. And the students rushed the field. Players mingling with fans and high fiving .... a Covid super spreader in the making. 
Absolutely agree on IU’s defense. Elite. Not bad for a bunch of 3-star players, eh DT? I don’t see a win in Columbus, but it will be interesting to see how they hang. One things for sure, Indiana will get everyone’s best shot from here on out!

10 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

You know IU had no control on tickets, right? Up to 1,000 for each school for player’s families, then students. ND attendance was listed at 46,500. How they were allowed to do that I have no idea. And the students rushed the field. Players mingling with fans and high fiving .... a Covid super spreader in the making. 
Absolutely agree on IU’s defense. Elite. Not bad for a bunch of 3-star players, eh DT? I don’t see a win in Columbus, but it will be interesting to see how they hang. One things for sure, Indiana will get everyone’s best shot from here on out!

Not bad at all.  I believe the Andrean kid #4 is a 4 Star.

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2019/02/07/indiana-football-2019-recruiting-class-ranking/

4 hours ago, Staxawax said:

LOVED that the kids rushed the field. LOVED. IT!

Great job ND. 

• Disdain 1

23 minutes ago, DE said:

Great job ND. 

Will you love it still if/when ND football players test positive in a couple of weeks? The coaching staff made no effort to shield the players from the swarm of students. Repeated shots of players and fans hugging and high fiving...... some wearing masks, some not. 

Personally I was shocked at the lack of crowd control.

• Kill me now 1

7 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Will you love it still if/when ND football players test positive in a couple of weeks? The coaching staff made no effort to shield the players from the swarm of students. Repeated shots of players and fans hugging and high fiving...... some wearing masks, some not. 

Yes. Have a wonderful day. 

10 hours ago, Staxawax said:

My friend big Nd fan season ticket holder said most the team has already got covid so they are good there, herd immunity 

On 11/9/2020 at 10:11 AM, Whiting89 said:

My friend big Nd fan season ticket holder said most the team has already got covid so they are good there, herd immunity 

Not true!  I thought after the election it was going to disappear.  There have been cases of re-infection.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:45 PM, DE said:

Great job ND. 

How is this a great job?  I know you are silly and don't trust anything that is scientific but to say that is a great job is idiocy.

On 11/8/2020 at 6:12 PM, Staxawax said:

Sounds like a Trump rally or maybe one of his Rose Garden get togethers.  We are turning the corner though.

10 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Not true!  I thought after the election it was going to disappear.  There have been cases of re-infection.

How is this a great job?  I know you are silly and don't trust anything that is scientific but to say that is a great job is idiocy.

The win.

You are welcome.  Have a wonderful day.

This game (MSU) seems to be the perfect setup for next week. The defense brought all 4 quarters, but the offense couldn’t finish anything in the 2nd half. Should have been 38 or 41 to 0.

IU should have a great week of practice and clean up the run game. I still expect OSU to win but they will have to earn it. 

7 hours ago, Irishman said:

Penix throws for 248 yards in the first half....wow. Impressive first half by the Hoosiers; but even after MSU beat Michigan, I did not think they were a good team. Would like to see similar numbers in the second half. 

We left 14 to 21 points on the board.  Was hoping in the 3rd qrt that we would try to keep the ball on the ground and see if we could put together a 70 yaerd drive behind our running backs.  But these receivers are just to good to ignore.  hendershot dropped a few more easy catches today.  

Any word on Tom Allen JR?

1 minute ago, DT said:

We left 14 to 21 points on the board.  Was hoping in the 3rd qrt that we would try to keep the ball on the ground and see if we could put together a 70 yaerd drive behind our running backs.  But these receivers are just to good to ignore.  hendershot dropped a few more easy catches today.  

Any word on Tom Allen JR?

Coach Allen is quoted on ESPN as it being a serious injury. 

5 hours ago, Staxawax said:

This game (MSU) seems to be the perfect setup for next week. The defense brought all 4 quarters, but the offense couldn’t finish anything in the 2nd half. Should have been 38 or 41 to 0.

IU should have a great week of practice and clean up the run game. I still expect OSU to win but they will have to earn it. 

I also like the fact that OSU did not play today.  They could come out rusty against IU and fall behind a few scores in the first qrt.  IUs offensive line vs OSU defensive line will be one of the most interesting matchups to watch.  Buckeys do not have a Bosa or Chase Young this year.  

1 hour ago, DT said:

I also like the fact that OSU did not play today.  They could come out rusty against IU and fall behind a few scores in the first qrt.  IUs offensive line vs OSU defensive line will be one of the most interesting matchups to watch.  Buckeys do not have a Bosa or Chase Young this year.  

Sure they do. They just aren’t named Bosa or Chase Young. 

For both teams sake, I hope this is a prime time game.