Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2020

Irishman

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I will be curious to see where IU is ranked after this one. If they drop, it might be to something like 12. What will be more interesting, because of what the defense gave up, is if OSU holds on to number 3. 

***Note...ND fan here, but want to see ALL Indiana football teams (especially the state talent) do well***

I was officiating Pop Warner this am and the PA was giving updates.  Last I heard was when OSU was "pulling away", maybe 28-7?

I came home and saw the re-cap and saw that IU only lost by a TD, 42-35.  WOW.  Way to keep fighting, believing and not giving up.  Keep it up IU.

• Like 2

I'm watching The Badgers and the Wildcats.  Entertaining game   Rooting for the Wildcats  IU's game today was lost in the second quarter.  Penix with 495 yards passing and 5 Td's and 1 pick.   Unfortunately that pick 6 was the difference in the game in the end.  They aren't going to drop too far in the polls. They'll stay top 15 for sure.

6 hours ago, DT said:

16 yards rushing offense for Indiana.  When are we going to get the running game going?  

When they obtain O linemen with the credentials that Ohio, alabama, clemsen have 4 & 5 star.Or play teams that have D linemen with similar credentials as IU’s O linemen 2 and 3 stars. That’s when it , the running game,gets better. 
In the meantime Indiana’s OC is setting up an offense to utilize the personal that is on the roster. 

On a side note, is Scott dinged? Suspicious he didn’t get in there more. 
Anyway, fabulous work by the coaches this season.  

35 minutes ago, southend said:

When they obtain O linemen with the credentials that Ohio, alabama, clemsen have 4 & 5 star.Or play teams that have D linemen with similar credentials as IU’s O linemen 2 and 3 stars. That’s when it , the running game,gets better. 
In the meantime Indiana’s OC is setting up an offense to utilize the personal that is on the roster. 

On a side note, is Scott dinged? Suspicious he didn’t get in there more. 
Anyway, fabulous work by the coaches this season.  

Thats ridiculous.  The MAC is loaded with good offensive linemen.  The O LIne is the one place on the field where you can get by with lesser recruits.  2 and 3 star boys grow into 3 and 4 star men in college.  If everyone had to recruit at the level of AL/CL/OSU, nobody would have a running game.

We have a 4 star back in Sampson James and a proven runner in Scott who are underutilized assets.  

Our linemen are light years ahead of where they were 5 years ago.

We need to set a goal to rush for at least 150 yards per game from here on out 

8 hours ago, DT said:

Thats ridiculous.  The MAC is loaded with good offensive linemen.  The O LIne is the one place on the field where you can get by with lesser recruits.  2 and 3 star boys grow into 3 and 4 star men in college.  If everyone had to recruit at the level of AL/CL/OSU, nobody would have a running game.

We have a 4 star back in Sampson James and a proven runner in Scott who are underutilized assets.  

Our linemen are light years ahead of where they were 5 years ago.

We need to set a goal to rush for at least 150 yards per game from here on out 

Sooooo.....if I’m reading you right ,that what I said is ridiculous. We don’t have 2and 3 star linemen? Or we do ,and the coaches are horrific at coaching them. It is one or the other. And I’m pretty sure we don’t have 4&5 star linemen. 
4star back, ok. If we had a 5 star back then we would solve the problem? 
Seems to me every time either Scott or our 4star got the ball they didn’t get very far. According to you ,this has nothing to do with the O line. We need 5 star backs. Problem solved. 
From what I’ve seen ,the coaches are utilizing what they have on this squad, and making the best of it. If that means passing 75 percent of the time, and it is successful, do it. Pass protection has been a strong point. 

Set a goal? Lol. 
Again these damn coaches, I can’t believe them farts, not setting goals.  Allen, you should of thought about this last year also! That will definitely solve the running problem. I guess it’s really not that hard.

Any other quick fixes DT? Before I forward this to the assistant coach that I know? 
Im thinking pay cuts for them all , how above you?,terrible ,terrible job.  

• Disdain 1

24 minutes ago, southend said:

Sooooo.....if I’m reading you right ,that what I said is ridiculous. We don’t have 2and 3 star linemen? Or we do ,and the coaches are horrific at coaching them. It is one or the other. And I’m pretty sure we don’t have 4&5 star linemen. 
4star back, ok. If we had a 5 star back then we would solve the problem? 
Seems to me every time either Scott or our 4star got the ball they didn’t get very far. According to you ,this has nothing to do with the O line. We need 5 star backs. Problem solved. 
From what I’ve seen ,the coaches are utilizing what they have on this squad, and making the best of it. If that means passing 75 percent of the time, and it is successful, do it. Pass protection has been a strong point. 

Set a goal? Lol. 
Again these damn coaches, I can’t believe them farts, not setting goals.  Allen, you should of thought about this last year also! That will definitely solve the running problem. I guess it’s really not that hard.

Any other quick fixes DT? Before I forward this to the assistant coach that I know? 
Im thinking pay cuts for them all , how above you?,terrible ,terrible job.  

Against Ohio State 

Passing Yards  495   97%

Rushing Yards    16    3%

Can we get just a little balance maybe?

Maybe then we can keep the other team and their Heisman QB off the field and give our 2.5  star defenders a rest.

From what I could gather from small amount I tuned in and watched, commentators mentioned how OSU susceptible to the pass and was very good against the run, maybe it was more game plan to exploit the weakness OSU in their defense so happened to be what IU does really well.   Analytically speaking, success rates for IU offense leaned heavily on passing vs running against the better defensive Front of OSU 

On 11/21/2020 at 5:39 PM, Irishman said:

I will be curious to see where IU is ranked after this one. If they drop, it might be to something like 12. What will be more interesting, because of what the defense gave up, is if OSU holds on to number 3. 

Spot on man!

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Play the #3 team on the road to the final seconds and drop 3 in the rankings? I give up. 

I have no idea how they go about making these rankings. But remember, it’s not just about what you do. It’s also about what other teams do.

18 hours ago, DT said:

Against Ohio State 

Passing Yards  495   97%

Maybe then we can keep the other team and their Heisman QB off the field and give our 2.5  star defenders a rest.

Agreed.

"Three Things Can Happen When You Pass and Two of Them Are Bad." - Darrell Royal

18 hours ago, DT said:

Against Ohio State 

Passing Yards  495   97%

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Agreed.

"Three Things Can Happen When You Pass and Two of Them Are Bad." - Darrell Royal

I can tell you two arm chair QB’s that if Indiana went with your philosophy they still would of had 7 points, at the end of the game. 
Also when the game was 21-7, and Indiana coughed the ball up on the 5, with first down in hand, from a pass no less, this was the game changer. State proceeded to score on the next possession. 28-7. 14 point turnaround. 

2 hours ago, southend said:

I can tell you two arm chair QB’s that if Indiana went with your philosophy they still would of had 7 points, at the end of the game. 
Also when the game was 21-7, and Indiana coughed the ball up on the 5, with first down in hand, from a pass no less, this was the game changer. State proceeded to score on the next possession. 28-7. 14 point turnaround. 

Four yards and a cloud of dust.  Best football is best.

38 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Four yards and a cloud of dust.  Best football is best.

This ain’t 1986-88 with Vaughn Dunbar and Anthony Thompson. The forward pass has revolutionized the game of football. You two , DT and you need to get in the right century. They even have two divisions in the B10 now.

Or...

”the only meaningful statistic is games won.”

or 

“I will pound you and pound you some more.”

or how he thinks the cold is a state of mind or how he would refuse to give the state of Michigan a %!@ nickel of gas money. I also heard reports about sending the second plane in first for a tough landing at Penn State.

Talk about a well-seasoned coach and you can have a certain defensive back from Clemson University back me up on this one.

3 minutes ago, southend said:

This ain’t 1986-88 with Vaughn Dunbar and Anthony Thompson. The forward pass has revolutionized the game of football. You two , DT and you need to get in the right century. They even have two divisions in the B10 now.

Right on!  The game does change...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, southend said:

If you mean made it boring and marginalized all but the speedy OMG! Athletes!  then yes, if that is what you call revolutionary.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, southend said:

And this is the reason Bill Mallory was relieved of the head coaching job at Indiana University, for you old timers on this site. 

I can provide details if you are interested. 

Yes, please provide them.

This old timer likes real football.