Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2020

Irishman

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

I think even if Clemson wins ND is still in the playoff.

So using that logic if Florida beats bama will the playoff be 2 acc and 2 sec?

I think Nd is getting to much credit for that 1st Clemson win. I mean Clemson was missing the best qb prospect since Peyton Manning.

the playoff should be bama Clemson Ohio state and Cinncy

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

I think even if Clemson wins ND is still in the playoff.

I don’t think so, especially if it’s a comfortable win. I don’t think playing the third time in the season will be all that attractive a prospect. Clemson is the champ. And you’ve got to knock the champ out to win if you’re the challenger.

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

So using that logic if Florida beats bama will the playoff be 2 acc and 2 sec?

I think Nd is getting to much credit for that 1st Clemson win. I mean Clemson was missing the best qb prospect since Peyton Manning.

the playoff should be bama Clemson Ohio state and Cinncy

I wasn’t using any logic. Florida is not going to beat Bama. The 4 best teams are there. As long as ND is not blown out they should be in it.

edit: Just read your 4. Cannot wait to read your “logic” in putting Cincy in there.

Edited by Staxawax

6 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

I wasn’t using any logic. Florida is not going to beat Bama. The 4 best teams are there. As long as ND is not blown out they should be in it.

edit: Just read your 4. Cannot wait to read your “logic” in putting Cincy in there.

I feel like Clemson will beat Nd by 14 plus eliminating them

bama will destroy Florida eliminating them 

Ohio state wins out

i think Cinncy wins big this week vs ranked Tulsa leap frogging them over TAMU

It can get very interesting if Michigan pulls out this week and Ohio state doesn’t have enough games to get t big ten title game, but I think they might change the bylaws to get them in.

4 hours ago, Irishman said:

Tuttle's accuracy was impressive. He does need to run much less, or at least get down before contact. I thought it was bad call when the targeting was overturned though. I listened to the former official in the booth. Bottom line is a blow to the head is a blow to the head. Defense had me worried. I thought they blitzed too many too often. It created run lanes for huge gains; including the qb escaping the pocket. But, they made critical plays when needed. It was a good win on the road. 

Anyone seeing just how likely it is getting to be that IU and ND match up in a bowl game? Assuming that Clemson beats ND in the rematch. 

I am in complete shock and awe that IU has defeated Michigan, Penn State , Michigan State and MIghty Wisconsin in the same season.  I remember an 84-20 UW beatdown of IU not too long ago.

Was a little worried about Tuttle's arm strength in the first half.  He underthrew several passes and nearly got picked off a few times.  Seemed to settle down in the second half with better accuracy, but still nowhere near the sheer power arm of Penix.  IUs receivers are most damngerous when Penix entends them on long throws and they catch the ball atr full stride.  Tuttle looked like he was in completre control throughout most of the game.  Hard to believe we held Wisconsin to 2 FDG in Madison.  

2 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

I feel like Clemson will beat Nd by 14 plus eliminating them

bama will destroy Florida eliminating them 

Ohio state wins out

i think Cinncy wins big this week vs ranked Tulsa leap frogging them over TAMU

It can get very interesting if Michigan pulls out this week and Ohio state doesn’t have enough games to get t big ten title game, but I think they might change the bylaws to get them in.

I've been down on ND in the past.  Never really cared if they played for a national title.  But I've seen nothing that says Clemson is going to beat them by 14+. Lawrence might be a difference maker, but no.

Cincinnati might get caught reading their press clippings and stumble against Tulsa.  More likely the 1st meeting than the 2nd.

7 hours ago, Irishman said:

Tuttle's accuracy was impressive. He does need to run much less, or at least get down before contact. I thought it was bad call when the targeting was overturned though. I listened to the former official in the booth. Bottom line is a blow to the head is a blow to the head. Defense had me worried. I thought they blitzed too many too often. It created run lanes for huge gains; including the qb escaping the pocket. But, they made critical plays when needed. It was a good win on the road. 

Anyone seeing just how likely it is getting to be that IU and ND match up in a bowl game? Assuming that Clemson beats ND in the rematch. 

You cannot question Indiana’s defensive schemes this year and keep a straight face. Come on here. 

1 minute ago, southend said:

You cannot question Indiana’s defensive schemes this year and keep a straight face. Come on here. 

I was referring to just this game. Not sure where you get that I was critical of them this season? Tell me where I was wrong. Every big play that Wisconsin had was due to blitz calls that opened up lanes for the qb on multiple plays where he escaped the pocket. Stunting up front at times allowed zone plays to bounce outside. So yeah, there is room for improvement, meaning there are things to be critical of. 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I was referring to just this game. Not sure where you get that I was critical of them this season? Tell me where I was wrong. Every big play that Wisconsin had was due to blitz calls that opened up lanes for the qb on multiple plays where he escaped the pocket. Stunting up front at times allowed zone plays to bounce outside. So yeah, there is room for improvement, meaning there are things to be critical of. 

Okay, my bad. 
This year’s defense is the best Indiana has had in at least 30 years. Sure , you are not going to call a perfect game, but the coaches are putting a plan in every game that has stifled all opponents so far this season. Even this game, 2 field goals. What ever they are doing defense wise, they don’t need to change anything. Just adjust to your next opponent.  

3 minutes ago, DE said:

I like the match up vs. Ole Miss and storyline, but IU absolutely deserved a NY Day game. 

This is the way it works. As the new kid on the block, IU probably doesn’t get as good a bowl as they should, all things being equal. On the other hand, if they get to be a perennial bowl team, you probably get a little better bowl than you “deserve,” based on rep. The Hoosiers have a way to go.

31 minutes ago, Bobref said:

This is the way it works. As the new kid on the block, IU probably doesn’t get as good a bowl as they should, all things being equal. On the other hand, if they get to be a perennial bowl team, you probably get a little better bowl than you “deserve,” based on rep. The Hoosiers have a way to go.

Pretty spot on.

17 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

It may be spot on but it's not fair, oops, there's that word again.

BTW, Ole Miss has a 4-5 record!  IU deserved better!  They could have given them a game against a team with a winning record, respect or no respect!

And I do not disagree with you.

I wonder if the Penix injury had anything to do with the placement/snub?

14 minutes ago, DE said:

And I do not disagree with you.

I wonder if the Penix injury had anything to do with the placement/snub?

Had to.  No other explanation.

(Unless the Big 10 brass were too busy pandering to Ohio states demands to advocate for another NY6 team in the conference.)

Are you taking Indiana on a neutral field against any of the other NY6 teams without Pennix?

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

It may be spot on but it's not fair, oops, there's that word again.

BTW, Ole Miss has a 4-5 record!  IU deserved better!  They could have given them a game against a team with a winning record, respect or no respect!

It's an insult. No other way to slice it. 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Had to.  No other explanation.

(Unless the Big 10 brass were too busy pandering to Ohio states demands to advocate for another NY6 team in the conference.)

Are you taking Indiana on a neutral field against any of the other NY6 teams without Pennix?

TBH, I have not watched IU w/o Penix so I can't make a prediction.

I do know that Penix sure is dynamic and a difference maker.