Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2020

Irishman

I think they should still show up and play...and be well prepared to play. When I see snubs like this, I think of teams that fall into the trap of being too upset they cannot focus on the next opponent. I think of K State playing Purdue in the Alamo Bowl. K State players and media were still talking about being snubbed. Oklahoma playing Boise State comes to mind as well. 

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I think they should still show up and play...and be well prepared to play. When I see snubs like this, I think of teams that fall into the trap of being too upset they cannot focus on the next opponent. I think of K State playing Purdue in the Alamo Bowl. K State players and media were still talking about being snubbed. Oklahoma playing Boise State comes to mind as well. 

It a no win for an up and coming program. It will not hurt Indiana in the least to not play.  USC and several high profile programs have for various reasons declined this year. Hell Kelly was turning down his game at the rose bowl.  So in a let’s snub Indiana year, Big ten and bowl selection committee,  I’m all for a turndown and regroup with penix for next year. Or we can keep getting push around like the step child we are acting like here.  
Any body see Fred Glass’s take on this? Man he really stuck his neck out, calling out the Big ten hierarchy, steeling Indiana’s HS players, and keeping Indiana beat down. 
Im not going to be on the side of allowing The Program to be purposefully disrespected.

46 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

A huge disservice to its fans, players, and coaches not playing this game. Tom Allen is not the one to back down from anything. 

And Big Tom shouldn’t let his ego get in the way of how he and the whole program got rudely disrespected. 

1 hour ago, southend said:

It a no win for an up and coming program. It will not hurt Indiana in the least to not play.  USC and several high profile programs have for various reasons declined this year. Hell Kelly was turning down his game at the rose bowl.  So in a let’s snub Indiana year, Big ten and bowl selection committee,  I’m all for a turndown and regroup with penix for next year. Or we can keep getting push around like the step child we are acting like here.  
Any body see Fred Glass’s take on this? Man he really stuck his neck out, calling out the Big ten hierarchy, steeling Indiana’s HS players, and keeping Indiana beat down. 
Im not going to be on the side of allowing The Program to be purposefully disrespected.

🙄

Chip Kelly?

5 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Regardless of the snub, this exposure is critical to Allen’s recruiting. Potential recruits will see LEO live and how this defense flies all over the field. ‘22 and ‘23 recruits are the foundation to building on the program.

#WinTheDay

10 minutes ago, southend said:

Yes. Kelly. He stated if the game was to be played in California, speaking for his players, he would turndown the invitation if the parents of the players were no allowed to attend their sons game. He was interviewed on the tube. 

Calling his bluff on that.  Actions would have spoken louder than words.

12 minutes ago, temptation said:

Calling his bluff on that.  Actions would have spoken louder than words.

Agree completely.

I did like what Kelly had to say about Ohio State and their 6 game 2020 resume.  He pulled no punches

Yes. Kelly. He stated if the game was to be played in California, speaking for his players, he would turndown the invitation if the parents of the players were no allowed to attend their sons game. He was interviewed on the tube. 

2 hours ago, southend said:

So Brian Kelly, not Chip.

Good for him for standing his ground.

As I said in a different post, California can screw up just about anything.

How many people can the Rose Bowl sit, 90-91 K?  And to not allow parents in?  What a joke.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DE said:

So Brian Kelly, not Chip.

Good for him for standing his ground.

How many people can the Rose Bowl sit, 90-91 K?  And to not allow parents in?  What a joke.

Los Angeles is overrun with Covid.   

2 hours ago, DE said:

But they'll allow 200 people in a grocery store that would fit inside the Rose Bowl 50 times. 

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yep...and their government brass can roam about as they please and host gatherings as they wish.

Ok, I’m done.

Correct.

Just now, BTF said:

No, keep going. 

Shhh.  Gonzo ronny will come on here crying to put all this in the OOB.  And just watch...his little lacky Dante wont be far behind.

Anyways.  

• Haha 1
  • Sit and spin 1

Well, college football was just a microcosm of society as a whole.

1.  “Big ten teams must play a minimum of 6 games.”

Never mind.

2.  “Big Ten teams must adhere to a 21 day protocol.“

Never mind.

Absolutely ZERO consistency and ever changing rules drafted in pencil.

Different rules for the elites.

Can I be done now fellas?

2 minutes ago, DE said:

Correct.

Shhh.  Gonzo ronny will come on here crying to put all this in the OOB.  And just watch...his little lacky Dante wont be far behind.

Anyways.  

I was kicked out of that "club" for no apparent reason. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Never mind.

Never mind.

I enjoyed that, thanks. 

Just now, DE said:

OOB?

Yes. I went there the other day and it said I was removed. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Never mind.

Never mind.

Let’s “F” Indiana!