Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2020

Irishman

It is a mistake to think of the bowls — other than the playoff games — as anything other than entertainment with a financial goal. What you’ve “earned” during the season by your play is not as important as whether you can deliver TV ratings and tourist dollars for the host city.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

It is a mistake to think of the bowls — other than the playoff games — as anything other than entertainment with a financial goal. What you’ve “earned” during the season by your play is not as important as whether you can deliver TV ratings and tourist dollars for the host city.

Well the people on here say the bowls are used as recruiting tools. You don’t think so? The 

On 12/30/2020 at 12:48 PM, temptation said:

Tom Allen...national runner up for AP Coach of the Year.  Well deserved.

The coach of Coastal Carolina was chosen as the AP COTY.  I guess beating Brigham Young is bigger than wins against Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin and a one score loss to tOSU, at team that's in the CFP's.

Rodney Dangerfield must be in Bloomington, IN  this years.

IU offense is too inconsistent. Tuttle has not looked good most of the 2nd quarter. Defense makes a couple good plays, but then gives up a big one that keeps drives going. They are lucky to be down just 10 late in the first half. 
i delayed posting as it is looked like Ole Miss would get more points at the end of the half. 
Wake up Hoosiers

1 minute ago, Whiting89 said:

Really feel bad for IU and it’s fans they got the short end of the stick with the selection then had no motivation as they were matched with a team a losing record. Too bad they didn’t get they get the same treatment as ND.

You mean O$U right?

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

Really feel bad for IU and it’s fans they got the short end of the stick with the selection then had no motivation as they were matched with a team a losing record. Too bad they didn’t get they get the same treatment as ND.

Bummer.  But shouldn’t have Allen it used that for motivation?

Get over your BS with ND dude...wow

While IU did not deserve to win, they blew the opportunity. The last few play calls were not good at all. They had a nice drive going and lost it. Allen was too late calling for time out, but I thought I heard a whistle at the snap. It even looked like Tuttle let up thinking a whistle had blown. Defense could not get off the field, and could not stop the Ole Miss offense. I was surprised too that IU did not even try a series with Williams at QB. He is a dynamic athlete. You had some time to prepare for a series. When Penix went down, it really is something they should have been doing any way. Not doing so really bit them, as it was obvious that Tuttle was hurt late in the first half. Bad showing by IU overall though. 

GTFO.  They were a paper tiger.  6-1 with no significant wins.  A mid tier SEC team.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

GTFO.  They were a paper tiger.  6-1 with no significant wins.  A mid tier SEC team.

I guess Dabo is right when it’s hard to gauge teams that play so few games. I mean they play osu tough. All and all it was a good season for IU. They have a great coach that develops players better than anyone. If they get some 4 star in the pipeline who knows how good they can get.

Hey, IU had a breakout season. Just bad luck that the QB went down. Let’s hope that sort of season becomes the norm instead of the aberration. But come on ... comparing them to ND in terms of the “treatment” they “should” have gotten? You’re fast eroding your credibility.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, southend said:

Now all The Hoosiers have to do is win the damn game

IU was a QB short today.  Tuttle was not the answer although he played somewhat better in the 2nd half.  I don't understand why the Hoosiers didn't run the ball more the first half when Tuttle seemed lost.  The defense did a good job even though they were on the field a lot of the game, especially the first half.  I really thought they were going to pull it out when Ole Miss missed the extra point.  I guess it was just not to be.

On 12/21/2020 at 9:33 AM, Footballking16 said:

Haven't won a bowl game in 30 years. IU isn't going to get any respect until they start winning bowl games. Tampa is arguably IU's biggest recruiting hotbed and with 20 some players on IU's roster from the Tampa area this is a no-brainer. 

Boy IU is really in the driver’s seat now , recruiting wise