Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2020

Irishman

On 12/21/2020 at 11:20 AM, southend said:

If IU wins , they won’t climb in any of the polls. If they lose, drop out of the top 20. 
this isn’t like losing to Auburn or Florida or LSU. 
Indiana should pass on this menial bowl invite

We drop significantly 

On 12/23/2020 at 8:52 AM, DanteEstonia said:

Just be happy IU made it to a bowl!

Lol

On 12/22/2020 at 9:17 AM, Boilernation said:

Anyone else have a feeling that Ole Miss is going to win by double digits? I don't think IU can keep Kiffin's offense under 28 and IU's offense hasnn't looked great in the post Penix era. The storyline will be that IU didn't belong in the NY6 conversation from those who probably don't even realize they lost a player of Penix's magnitude. 

I was close. Figured Ole Miss would eclipse 30. I missed this one. Looks like IU’s offense was a no show for most of the game.

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

I was close. Figured Ole Miss would eclipse 30. I missed this one. Looks like IU’s offense was a no show for most of the game.

Play calling didn’t put IU in a great position. Tuttle’s a serviceable back up, similar to Ramsey without the reps or experience, and it showed today. Really struggled to push the ball down the field and locked on to too many receivers. However, IU neglected to run the ball the first 2.5 quarters and likely did them in. IU’s defense was ok today but if you would have told me IU held the Ole Miss offense to 26 points, I would have guessed IU was a 2-3 TD Victor.

Edited by Footballking16

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Play calling didn’t put IU in a great position. Tuttle’s a serviceable back up, similar to Ramsey without the reps or experience, and it showed today. Really struggled to push the ball down the field and locked on to too many receivers. However, IU neglected to run the ball the first 2.5 quarters and likely did them IU. IU’s defense was ok today but if you would have told me IU held the Ole Miss offense to 26 points, I would have guessed IU was a 2-3 TD Victor.

Agreed. Stevie Scott had 99 yards. But the running game was no where to be seen in the 1st half. Some ball control would have kept the defense a little fresher. But the script was written for IU to have the final drive to win the game. Unfortunately the understudy was given the lead part and he couldn’t deliver. A healthy Tuttle is not close to Penix, a wounded Tuttle, well, you get the idea.

2 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Agreed. Stevie Scott had 99 yards. But the running game was no where to be seen in the 1st half. Some ball control would have kept the defense a little fresher. But the script was written for IU to have the final drive to win the game. Unfortunately the understudy was given the lead part and he couldn’t deliver. A healthy Tuttle is not close to Penix, a wounded Tuttle, well, you get the idea.

I think long term Tuttle is fine with reps and experience. I like his mobility in and outside the pocket. But yes doesn’t have near the arm strength of Penix. I remember a lot of people saying there wasn’t a huge difference between Ramsey and Penix and that was put to rest this year.

Good experience for the IU program.   Just another building block in the climb upward.  I think IU has 15 florida kids on the roster so this was a nice homecoming for them and a great recruiting opportunity for the staff.   

We are competitive with Tennessee and Mississippi.   I couldn't be more pleased.  

18 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

I guess Dabo is right when it’s hard to gauge teams that play so few games. I mean they play osu tough. All and all it was a good season for IU. They have a great coach that develops players better than anyone. If they get some 4 star in the pipeline who knows how good they can get.

OSU turns it on when needed.  That is now a proven fact Hoosier fans.  Let’s stop with thinking the margin of victory of that game was any indication of the gap between the two programs.

OSU dropped 49 on Clemson folks...49.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, temptation said:

OSU turns it on when needed.  That is now a proven fact Hoosier fans.  Let’s stop with thinking the margin of victory of that game was any indication of the gap between the two programs.

OSU dropped 49 on Clemson folks...49.

I have long said that osu plays to the level of their competition. In the years that IU has been close; most of them, they were lucky to be close. This year though, I think OSU and Day wanted to prove some point. They were not going to let up. I think that is the difference between Day and Meyer. After a few years of IU keeping it close, Meyer brings a team to Bloomington and just destroys IU. Credit goes to IU for not folding early in the game this year. As far as osu goes, I don't think any of us who hate them expected that type of performance out of that team. 

17 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I have long said that osu plays to the level of their competition. In the years that IU has been close; most of them, they were lucky to be close. This year though, I think OSU and Day wanted to prove some point. They were not going to let up. I think that is the difference between Day and Meyer. After a few years of IU keeping it close, Meyer brings a team to Bloomington and just destroys IU. Credit goes to IU for not folding early in the game this year. As far as osu goes, I don't think any of us who hate them expected that type of performance out of that team. 

O$U is a school only a "mother could love".

They are so easy to dislike.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Irishman said:

That's really good news... Hope hell fill a need. I think they got a FSU transfer too but hes an offensive guy. 

8 hours ago, Irishman said:

Great news for the Hoosiers. 

along with this news:
https://twitter.com/2nineee/status/1326938314272890881?s=20

That's really good news as well I hope Whop comes back too,  those 2, hendershot at TE and Stevie at RB are solid weapons. I hope Penix can stay healthy as well. 

Edited by TheStatGuy
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I hope I’m around to see it.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/4/19/football-iu-notre-dame-agree-to-home-home-series.aspx

IU-Notre Dame Agree to Home-&-Home Series

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - The Indiana and Notre Dame football programs announced on Monday afternoon a home-and-home series in 2030 and 2031. IU will travel to Notre Dame Stadium on Aug. 31, 2030, and host the Fighting Irish on Sept. 27, 2031.

"I'm looking forward to facing one of the most storied programs in the history of college football," head coach Tom Allen said. "It's tremendous for the state of Indiana and for our fans, and it will be a great opportunity for our players."

The teams last met at Notre Dame on Sept. 7, 1991, and last faced off in Bloomington on Oct. 21, 1950.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/4/19/football-iu-notre-dame-agree-to-home-home-series.aspx

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - The Indiana and Notre Dame football programs announced on Monday afternoon a home-and-home series in 2030 and 2031. IU will travel to Notre Dame Stadium on Aug. 31, 2030, and host the Fighting Irish on Sept. 27, 2031.

"I'm looking forward to facing one of the most storied programs in the history of college football," head coach Tom Allen said. "It's tremendous for the state of Indiana and for our fans, and it will be a great opportunity for our players."

The teams last met at Notre Dame on Sept. 7, 1991, and last faced off in Bloomington on Oct. 21, 1950.

I hope you are as well, Bobref.

Another question is will Tom Allen or Brian Kelly still be coaches of their respective teams by 2030?  Odds say probably one if not both of them will have moved on by 2030.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 12:24 PM, Bobref said:

Me too.  Never ever expected to see this happen.  Shocking

5 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

The reversible jacket guys..... worse than the adults in candy stripe pants stalking HS players from game to game.   

Its close though :classic_laugh:

Ha. So True. And I can't escape them in Central Indiana. They're everywhere. The candy stripe guys were a disgrace during Romeo's tenure at New Albany and when they followed the self described "Movement" around the AAU circuit.

• Like 2