Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2020

Irishman

6 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

I saw that IU is ranked #9 in the AP poll this morning, but still 10th in the coaches.  Not that it really matters but it will allow the media to advertise the game as 2 top ten teams playing each other.

FOX is still not sold on IU which is why this is not a 3:30 or prime time game. If IU plays well (or somehow wins this game) then I look for the Wisconsin/IU game to be prime time.

3 hours ago, Staxawax said:

FOX is still not sold on IU which is why this is not a 3:30 or prime time game. If IU plays well (or somehow wins this game) then I look for the Wisconsin/IU game to be prime time.

Actually, the opposite is true.  Fox always puts its best game in the noon slot.

Back in the day most of Ohio State's games were at noon.   Once in a while they would have one at 3:30.  But that was before cable.  I am a Buckeye fan, born and raised and will always be a Buckeye fan.  This game sucks because I also root for the Hoosiers these days.   While I think (like most years) the Buckeyes have too much firepower for IU to keep up with, I will not be shocked if the Hoosiers win this game.  They have played Ohio State close a few years now.  I seem to recall a game that was in the 50's for both teams not all that long ago.  The big difference I see this year is that IU has a defense and they play VERY well.   It's a shame about Tom Allen (the son).  Season ending surgery.

Indiana is in perfect position to pull off the historic upset.  OSU is rusty.  They have not played in two weeks and surely they are anxious to get back on the field.  The Buckeyes have all the pressure on them  They have everything to lose  (Big Ten and NC aspirations) while IU can come in loose based on low outside expectations.

OSU has had a lot of distractions.  Players coming and going due to the COVID protocols and opt outs/opt ins. 

If IU can strike early, they may be able to build up an early lead and hold off a late OSU charge   THe atmosphere is Ohio Stadium is much deader and quiter due to the massive size than it is in Bloomington.  That could also work to IUs advantage as there is virtually no home field advantage for the Buckeyes.

Like Michigan two weeks ago, this game marks another chance for the greatest win in IU football history.  Lets go Hoosiers.  

Win or lose , I just hope The injury bug eludes Indiana in this game. Regardless of the out come ,The Hoosiers have a chance to have  a tremendous season, barring injuries to key players. Depth is still thin in several positions and could devastate the remainder of the season. 

21 minutes ago, southend said:

Win or lose , I just hope The injury bug eludes Indiana in this game. Regardless of the out come ,The Hoosiers have a chance to have  a tremendous season, barring injuries to key players. Depth is still thin in several positions and could devastate the remainder of the season. 

Good point.   OSU has 4 star players 2 deep at every position, and a dozen 5 stars sprinkled throughout the roster.  Just a huge talent gap between the two programs.  IU will have to play out of its mind and way over its head to win the game.  No turnovers.  No bad penalties   No Hendershot dropped passes.  

Edited by DT

While it is obvious how much better OSU is than IU, IU is killing themselves with mistakes; especially turnovers. Defense has made some great plays, and I think Fields sees his stock drop in the Heisman race. IU NEEDED to score before the half, but give up a long drive instead. And OSU gets the ball first in the 2nd half. I hate to think this really turns into a route. 

13 minutes ago, Irishman said:

While it is obvious how much better OSU is than IU, IU is killing themselves with mistakes; especially turnovers. Defense has made some great plays, and I think Fields sees his stock drop in the Heisman race. IU NEEDED to score before the half, but give up a long drive instead. And OSU gets the ball first in the 2nd half. I hate to think this really turns into a route. 

Might be a rout, but I don’t know if Ryan Day is a go for two “because we couldn’t go for three” kind of guy...

46 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Might be a rout, but I don’t know if Ryan Day is a go for two “because we couldn’t go for three” kind of guy...

Indiana has clawed back. Some silly penalties and couple turnovers. That pick six was a killer. Could have made it a one possession game if they scored on that series. 

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

A game full of what ifs.....cannot have the drops, turnovers and penalties they did and expect to beat Ohio State. That said, I am not really disappointed. They competed in the 2nd half on both sides of the ball. 

Indiana is in a good place. 

Tom Allen will lead IU to a big 10 title one day. 

1 minute ago, Staxawax said:

Never give up! Never give in! (I think I stole that from a movie) 

Offensive line - stones

Defense - stones

Receivers - stones

Penix jr - Heisman candidate next year

You can’t help but love this team!

Next year? The way he's playing now he deserves a shot at it.