37 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Yes, please provide them.

This old timer likes real football.

Muda, as another man that enjoys running the football, I really enjoy true triple option teams. How about you?

I am thinking flexbone, Academy style. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

***Note...ND fan here, but want to see ALL Indiana football teams (especially the state talent) do well*** I was officiating Pop Warner this am and the PA was giving updates.  Last I heard was wh

I think the biggest takeaway so far is the IU defense. They've been up to the task every week. I remember years ago, when every team would just score at will on the Hoosiers. IU would have to score 40

Posted Images

9 hours ago, DE said:

Muda, as another man that enjoys running the football, I really enjoy true triple option teams. How about you?

I am thinking flexbone, Academy style. 

Yes.  Good stuff.  Takes real skill and forethought to execute well.

Edited by Muda69
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Yes.  Good stuff.  Takes real skill and forethought to execute well.

I know some fb people just like iso, power, toss, etc.  Which is all great. 

I grew up in triple option football. Loved it. 

1 hour ago, DE said:

I know some fb people just like iso, power, toss, etc.  Which is all great. 

I grew up in triple option football. Loved it. 

Conversely, there are people who enjoy Trips to the Right or Left, the Spread, and my favorite, the Bomb.  No one is wrong here, football is a great game with many different looks to it.

Strategy is everything.

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Conversely, there are people who enjoy Trips to the Right or Left, the Spread, and my favorite, the Bomb.  No one is wrong here, football is a great game with many different looks to it.

Strategy is everything.

I concur, UNLESS say, JUST FOR EXAMPLE PURPOSES......I am officiating a game between 2 less than capable passing teams, that think they are Air Coryell.  Then that game takes FOREVER!

On 11/23/2020 at 7:25 PM, southend said:

And this is the reason Bill Mallory was relieved of the head coaching job at Indiana University, for you old timers on this site. 

I can provide details if you are interested. 

Well many many years ago Bill Mallory assembled a group of assistants after he left Ohio state. Where he was an assistant.  The offensive coordinator for Bill was George Belu. He also came from Ohio state. Thru all the years from Miami , Colorado ,northern Illinois and Indiana, Belu stayed with Bill Mallory. Before Mallory accepted the IU job, he said that this was to be his last coaching job. Bill had several loyal assistants but none as loyal as George. He had several opportunities to jump ship and lead his own program but stayed with All of Bills jobs. 
Indianas success in the Mallory years did not satisfy the higher ups at Indiana, third or fourth in the conference was not the Rose Bowl. And their reasoning was that IU’s offense didn’t score enough points,10,13, and 16 points a game , although winning games, was not going to get the team to the Rose Bowl. They Liked Bill and wanted to renew his contract on the stipulation that he replace George Belu.  Run off right tackle, then run off left tackle then punt George as the saying goes. Or 4 yards and a cloud of dust, offense had to go. 
I think everyone knows what happened, Bill Mallory’s loyalty to George caused his contract not to be extended.