Penn at Chesterton, 7:30 pm
Elkhart at Portage, 7:30 pm
Adams at Concord, 7 pm
St. Joseph at Logansport, 7 pm
Marian at Tippecanoe Valley, 7 pm
West Noble at Jimtown, 7 pm
Bremen at Wabash, 7 pm

Many NIC road warriors this week

Call me crazy but I see NIC sweeping this week. And yes that includes the Eagles going to Concord and pulling out upset. 

13 hours ago, Indian72 said:
Friday, Oct. 30
Penn at Chesterton, 7:30 pm
Elkhart at Portage, 7:30 pm
Adams at Concord, 7 pm
St. Joseph at Logansport, 7 pm
Marian at Tippecanoe Valley, 7 pm
West Noble at Jimtown, 7 pm
Bremen at Wabash, 7 pm

Many NIC road warriors this week

Penn  --  No drama in this game

Elkhart -- Too much for Portage to deal with on the other sideline

Concord  --  Home field and Adams miscues will get Concord through to the next round

Logansport -- Think Logan is better then record might indicate.  Too much power rushing and TOP for St. Joe to overcome

Marian -- No explanation needed

Jimtown -- Will slowly wear them down and pull away.

Bremen -- ACE bandages, braces and tape hold the Lions together for another week as they win by a couple of scores.

Edited by LionKing

21 hours ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

Call me crazy but I see NIC sweeping this week. And yes that includes the Eagles going to Concord and pulling out upset. 

Wonder how physical the Logansport run game is since SJ has had trouble tackling physical backs this year

Concord - tough one to gauge but Adams athletes could be the difference

6 minutes ago, CoachK5 said:

GR, heck changes also need to happen at Saint Joe.  Worst 5 year stretch in the history of the program.

When you have 3 or 4 sub par classes in a row poor records are going to be a result.  There have been about an average of 15 freshmen in the program each year during the 5 year stretch.  No ICCL this past fall won't help.  A  lot of people saw this coming.

On 10/25/2020 at 10:35 AM, SBFootballFan6 said:

Crazy!  What I saw at Logansport last night was just a plain ol butt woopin’ .

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, johnny U said:

Is there any relationship between Ryan Lynch leaving the program to focus on baseball and Penn's decline?  Ryan was probably the best athletic @ Penn at the time and was the starting QB his sophomore year.  

I would say some. Penn would of been a much better team with Lynch at Qb. But Penn’s problems start at the top. 

8 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

When you place blame at the top is it because of development or not getting right players out? 

You don’t really have control over getting players out. You do have control over developing players, getting players to Buy In if you will. You have control over running the same system for 40 years. What worked in the late 80’s and 90’s clearly isn’t working today. 

16 hours ago, Major said:

Crazy!  What I saw at Logansport last night was just a plain ol butt woopin’ .

That is not the only this one that team has endured

6 minutes ago, Crusty said:

As for St. Joe heck that team 3 years ago was fantastic! They gave a very good Mishawka team all they could handle and then some. Man did those two teams go at in in the trenches. 

Those were 2 great games but my sense is that SJ under achieved

On 10/31/2020 at 8:06 AM, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I knew it would be our last game. Absolutely terrible, a change needs to happen at Penn. 

This year at the Penn game it seemed like their sidelines were a lot less enthusiastic as they had been through the year.  AFter seeing he emotion for years it was a somewhat different feeling.

53 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

This year at the Penn game it seemed like their sidelines were a lot less enthusiastic as they had been through the year.  AFter seeing he emotion for years it was a somewhat different feeling.

It's easy to be enthusiastic when you winning big every game.  Much harder when your losing.

7 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

You don’t really have control over getting players out. You do have control over developing players, getting players to Buy In if you will. You have control over running the same system for 40 years. What worked in the late 80’s and 90’s clearly isn’t working today. 

Yeah I remember the good ole days in the 90s in the region we’d get south bend channel on some channel and all I remember were penn and Jimtown were forces to be reckoned with.

On 10/31/2020 at 10:46 AM, johnny U said:

When you have 3 or 4 sub par classes in a row poor records are going to be a result.  There have been about an average of 15 freshmen in the program each year during the 5 year stretch.  No ICCL this past fall won't help.  A  lot of people saw this coming.

Talent comes and goes.  Bad coaching will not overcome average talent.  Good coaching can make average talent preform at a higher level.  Good coaches adjust their scheme's to the talent they have.