Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chicago Bears 2020

Guest DT

Will the Bears charge me for an additional game??   My guess is ABSOLUTELY ...... 

Patriots however, are not.... 

oh wait, while typing this I remember the game is in Vegas, not home, but my point stands, if they played at home, you know darn well Ted Phillips was charging us 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

yea, but Patriots have chosen to not add the cost this year into the game 17 which for them is a home game   

Yea, but the Sam Adams' are now going to cost $22.50 per 16 oz. cup.

And you know how them Bawstonions love their Sammies.

And @Coach Nowlin’s head goes  in 3 - 2 - 1 - ... 🤯

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10000627-bears-matt-nagy-to-call-plays-in-2021-oc-bill-lazor-handled-duties-last-season
Bears' Matt Nagy to Call Plays in 2021; OC Bill Lazor Handled Duties Last Season

Chicago Bears head coach Matt Nagy is going to take over play-calling duties for the offense next season. 

Nagy addressed the decision to run the offense in 2021 on Friday. 

“I’m gonna be the one calling the plays this year," he told reporters. "The fun part right now is building what we wanna do better...getting that right.”

Bill Lazor, who was hired as offensive coordinator in January 2020, took over play-calling duties midway through last season. 

Nagy had been calling plays for the Bears offense since being hired as head coach in January 2018. He spent the previous two years as Andy Reid's offensive coordinator with the Kansas City Chiefs. 

Chicago ranked 20th and 25th in Football Outsiders' offensive DVOA in Nagy's first two years. 

After the Bears lost four of six games following a 3-0 start last season, Nagy ceded play-calling duties to Lazor. The offense was averaging 19.8 points through the first nine games when the change was made. 

Coming out of their bye in Week 11, the Bears did play better on offense down the stretch to make the playoffs. They scored at least 25 points in five straight games from Week 12-16, including a season-high 41 points against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Dec. 27.

Chicago was held to nine points and 239 total yards in the NFC Wild Card Round loss to the New Or Saints. 

The Bears are preparing to open this season with Andy Dalton as their starting quarterback. He signed a one-year contract worth $10 million plus incentives with the team in March. 

With the trade of Sam Darnold to Carolina, Teddy Bridgewater becomes expendable. They won’t cut him because of the “dead money” that will leave on their cap. But they certainly could trade him. His contract runs through the 2022-23 season, but his guaranteed money runs out after this season, so he’d be an easy cut next year, if it comes to that. His base salary is $17 million and his prorated guaranteed bonus this coming season is $5 million. Are the Bears interested? 

• 2 weeks later...

Steve McMichael announces he has ALS

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/23/ex-bear-steve-mcmichael-announces-he-has-als/

Steve McMichael, a longtime NFL defensive tackle who was an All-Pro for the Super Bowl-winning 1985 Bears, has announced that he has ALS.

McMichael gave an interview to Jarrett Payton, the son of Walter Payton, who is a broadcaster for WGN in Chicago, in which he looked gaunt and said he is no longer able to make public appearances.

“I’m not going to be in the public anymore,” McMichael said. “You’re not gonna see me out doing appearances. I can’t even sign my name anymore.”

ALS, sometimes called Lou Gehrig’s Disease, is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Those who suffer from ALS gradually lose their ability to move their muscles and eventually lose their ability to speak, eat and breathe.

Other former NFL players who have been diagnosed with ALS include Steve Gleason, Dwight Clark, O.J. Brigance, Tim Green and Kevin Turner. Some neurologists believe there is a link between head trauma suffered on the football field and the development of ALS, although the ALS Association says more long-term studies are needed for a full understanding of the connection between football and ALS.

The 63-year-old McMichael had a College Football Hall of Fame career at Texas and was a third-round pick of the Patriots in 1980. New England cut him after one season and he signed in Chicago, where he played for 13 seasons, winning a Super Bowl ring and being named first-team All-Pro in 1985 and 1987. He played his final season with the Packers in 1994. He had a post-football career as a professional wrestler and commentator.

One of my favorite Bears of all time. Awful for "Mongo" to have to deal with this new challenge.  My thought will be with him and his family.

6920ca378e37338d7fc3e6d5be0c1eb3

• Sad 1