Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

A new SAC

3 minutes ago, DT said:

It wont happen becuase there is no beneit to Westfield in this tranasction, only higher operating costs..  They can find all the competition they want locally.  

Agree with you here. It would be tough for FW schools to get on the schedule of the big Indy schools because all of their competition is local. You could potentially get Cathedral make the journey. Homestead, Carroll and Snider would all benefit from playing Cathedral, but so would a lot of Indy schools so given the choice Cathedral would likely stay closer to home. 

6 minutes ago, DT said:

It wont happen becuase there is no beneit to Westfield in this tranasction, only higher operating costs..  They can find all the competition they want locally.  

Not sure why they scheduled Harrison then. Playing Homestead an hour and forty five minutes away is a better proposition than playing Harrison and hour and ten minutes away. 

1 hour ago, DT said:

I like New Prairie and Culver Military to the NLC

I've always been a fan of Marian and St Joe joining myself, especially with Mishawaka now in the conference. Of course, not sure how much that helps the Tigers, but both of those schools have great athletics across the board and would fit in well in my opinion. I like CMA too, never been too keen on New Prairie joining.

1 minute ago, Mebuck said:

So why does Dwenger play in the big school division?

Leo and New Haven are bigger. The next Two years will be painful for the Dwenger faithful. I have also heard Dwenger's enrollment is way down. They should be a 3A school soon. 

Probably because they would win the small division every single year and that benefits absolutely nobody.

Regardless of enrollment Dwenger is competing in 5A and has a great shot at making it to the 5A state finals. They are in my opinion right where they belong.

4 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Probably because they would win the small division every single year and that benefits absolutely nobody.

Regardless of enrollment Dwenger is competing in 5A and has a great shot at making it to the 5A state finals. They are in my opinion right where they belong.

I agree with Prospect. It just wouldn't make any sense for Dwenger to play in the small division. To be fair though, I believe in the 1.5 multiplier for P/P's. That puts Dwenger in Division l.

39 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Oh I Agree. But like I said after next two years they will be back down where they are according to size of achool. So sad kids are punished for the classes before them did. Dwenger will be the  500 team next year.

Edited by Mebuck

6 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Oh I Agree. But like I said after next two years they will be back down where they are according to size of achool. So sad kids are punished for the classes before them did. Dwenger will be the  500 team next year.

Ahh yes poor Dwenger. We all feel so bad for them... Must be so tough to be the #2 5A school, not sure many kids would be able to handle that kind of punishment.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Not sure how or why you came to that conclusion.

Because somewhere on this forum every year there's somebody from Snider who makes a post post about bringing in one or two smaller schools from one of the conference's around the area and splitting up the SAC  into two sections. A big school  section and a small school section. It's alway suggested there is a seven games regular season within conconferences, So that there are two open weeks for non conference games games to be played.   Somehow it always has  Snider vs Penn in the mix.  I don't know why Snider people have this fascination Penn. Penn win most of the time anyhow, But you see see this same message posted somewhere every year by Snider people for the benifit of Snider. So that's why I said it.

16 minutes ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

Because somewhere on this forum every year there's somebody from Snider who makes a post post about bringing in one or two smaller schools from one of the conference's around the area and splitting up the SAC  into two sections. A big school  section and a small school section. It's alway suggested there is a seven games regular season within conconferences, So that there are two open weeks for non conference games games to be played.   Somehow it always has  Snider vs Penn in the mix.  I don't know why Snider people have this fascination Penn. Penn win most of the time anyhow, But you see see this same message posted somewhere every year by Snider people for the benifit of Snider. So that's why I said it.

Clearly you don't know as much about the Penn rivalry as you think you do. It was an annual game in the playoffs for many years. A much much bigger rivalry than Snider/Luers............not even close. Snider held the upper hand in the series until Penn recently won three of the last four. So forgive the Snider contingent to want to continue a rivalry like that versus playing a 2a school like Luers. Much respect to Luers, but Snider is much larger and the victories are extremely lopsided in Snider's favor. 

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

Clearly you don't know as much about the Penn rivalry as you think you do. It was an annual game in the playoffs for many years. A much much bigger rivalry than Snider/Luers............not even close. Snider held the upper hand in the series until Penn recently won three of the last four. So forgive the Snider contingent to want to continue a rivalry like that versus playing a 2a school like Luers. Much respect to Luers, but Snider is much larger and the victories are extremely lopsided in Snider's favor. 

You're right.  I don't know much of nothing much about the Snider Penn rivalery. Yes, Snider and Luers is no contest. Snider absolutely manhandles Luers and so Luers gets guys hurt  for the playoffs. I admit that. But it is what it is.  A Snider poster once said to me "I only care for one school on this forum, and it isn't Luers." And that's fine I get it . I feel the same way too.   I don't think it's necessary to break up another conferences and shake up the Sac by having to schedule out of conference games. Then there is the trouble of finding opponents and other problems with travel and cost and other unforseen obstacles that will be associated with that. I don't know if you recall before Homestead and Carroll those couple years before arrived twe're kind of a mess.  So, then when Elmhurst and Harding closed the Sac brought in Carroll and Homestead the two teams that everybody wanted to see. So now the Snider people want shake up things again, by going into another conference and take two of their teams and put them in the SAC then split this conference up and only schedule seven in conference games for each team and leaving the teams to find to  out of conference games for each year. I just don't see the benefits of switching everything up because a couple of the larger schools don't want to play the smaller schools it is what it is. Deal with it.

2 hours ago, Mebuck said:

So why does Dwenger play in the big school division?

Leo and New Haven are bigger. The next Two years will be painful for the Dwenger faithful. I have also heard Dwenger's enrollment is way down. They should be a 3A school soon. 

Where does Dwenger enrollment fall with the 1.66% Multiplier.

Dwenger's students are worth 166% of each and every public school student athletically, academically, socially and in every other way.

35 minutes ago, DT said:

Dwenger's students are worth 166% of each and every public school student athletically, academically, socially and in every other way.

I can't say that I disagree. Dwenger is a great community. Lot's of hard working successful families.

40 minutes ago, DT said:

Approximately 1650 with the multiplier.

1 hour ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

You're right.  I don't know much of nothing much about the Snider Penn rivalery. Yes, Snider and Luers is no contest. Snider absolutely manhandles Luers and so Luers gets guys hurt  for the playoffs. I admit that. But it is what it is.  A Snider poster once said to me "I only care for one school on this forum, and it isn't Luers." And that's fine I get it . I feel the same way too.   I don't think it's necessary to break up another conferences and shake up the Sac by having to schedule out of conference games. Then there is the trouble of finding opponents and other problems with travel and cost and other unforseen obstacles that will be associated with that. I don't know if you recall before Homestead and Carroll those couple years before arrived twe're kind of a mess.  So, then when Elmhurst and Harding closed the Sac brought in Carroll and Homestead the two teams that everybody wanted to see. So now the Snider people want shake up things again, by going into another conference and take two of their teams and put them in the SAC then split this conference up and only schedule seven in conference games for each team and leaving the teams to find to  out of conference games for each year. I just don't see the benefits of switching everything up because a couple of the larger schools don't want to play the smaller schools it is what it is. Deal with it.

Don't worry about it..........it'll never happen. FWCS administrators agree with you in terms of finding opponents and traveling. 

So as a result of something one poster said, you maintain that breaking up the conference is for the sole benefit of Snider? That's not the case at all. Personally, I'm intrigued by ALL teams in the SAC. And like most fans, I root for them all come playoff time. I and many other fans miss, and would like to see again:

Snider vs Penn

Snider vs Cathedral

Dwenger vs Chatard

Dwenger vs LaSalle

Luers vs Harley

Luers vs Whitmer

Coldwater (Ohio) vs anyone but Elmhurst

Homestead vs Carmel

Those are interesting games that you don't see all the time. Playing the same teams from Fort Wayne over and over again gets boring. Many fans would agree. Wouldn't it serve a team like South Side to be able to put New Haven or Columbia City on their schedule? My idea isn't as self-serving as you think it is. You need to look at the ENTIRE picture.

8 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Wow

Dwenger rumbles quite nicely with schools of that enrollment...............and bigger. 

14 minutes ago, BTF said:

Don't worry about it..........it'll never happen. FWCS administrators agree with you in terms of finding opponents and traveling. 

So as a result of something one poster said, you maintain that breaking up the conference is for the sole benefit of Snider? That's not the case at all. Personally, I'm intrigued by ALL teams in the SAC. And like most fans, I root for them all come playoff time. I and many other fans miss, and would like to see again:

Snider vs Penn

Snider vs Cathedral

Dwenger vs Chatard

Dwenger vs LaSalle

Luers vs Harley

Luers vs Whitmer

Coldwater (Ohio) vs anyone but Elmhurst

Homestead vs Carmel

Those are interesting games that you don't see all the time. Playing the same teams from Fort Wayne over and over again gets boring. Many fans would agree. Wouldn't it serve a team like South Side to be able to put New Haven or Columbia City on their schedule? My idea isn't as self-serving as you think it is. You need to look at the ENTIRE picture.

Dwenger rumbles quite nicely with schools of that enrollment...............and bigger. 

Just thought the comment was a little ridiculous.

“Dwenger's students are worth 166% of each and every public school student athletically, academically, socially and in every other way.”

All Dwenger students?

Each and Every public school student?

.... and in every other way?

🤔 probably a bit of an over generalization.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Just thought the comment was a little ridiculous.

“Dwenger's students are worth 166% of each and every public school student athletically, academically, socially and in every other way.”

All Dwenger students?

Each and Every public school student?

.... and in every other way?

🤔 probably a bit of an over generalization.

Your not alone, many on here would agree with you. I just happen to agree with DT on this one. It's really about the amount of respect I have for Dwenger.

11 hours ago, BTF said:

Seeing South Side take care of business 30-20 against New Haven made me want to revisit a structure change in the SAC. New Haven isn't a bad football team, they just ran into a one win team that had to go through the toughest schedule in the state outside of the Indy area. New Haven joining the SAC makes sense to me for a few reasons:

1. They are basically Fort Wayne anyway. Downtown NH is only 10 minutes down the street from Downtown FW. 

2. New Haven joining the SAC would amp up their level of competition. Therefore raising the bar for their athletic programs and making them better.

3. Joining the SAC with another team would give the conference 12 teams. Two divisions and the opportunity to play outside competition..........which would make ALL SAC teams better.

The other said team would be Leo. That community is only 5 minutes down the road from the fastest growing area of Fort Wayne (Carroll district). It's a great community with an excellent athletic program. They would fit in nicely with the SAC and basically a burb of Fort Wayne anyway. 

Division I (Large School) would consist of Carroll, Homestead, Northrop, Snider, North Side, and Dwenger.

Division ll (Small school) would consist of South Side, Leo, Wayne, New Haven, Concordia, and Luers. 

Each division is required to schedule two opponents from the other division and are allowed two games outside of conference. 

Think Snider vs Penn, Homestead vs Westfield, Dwenger vs Chatard, or Carroll vs Elkhart. All in all it would make the conference better.............. that's not even debatable. Unfortunately it will never happen though. The SAC is happy with a 10 team football conference for ease of scheduling. But ease of scheduling also equates to less interesting games and lower bar to measure themselves against. 

I like this proposal but I think it would need a little tweaking. For example I believe the rivals should always play. There’s some cross divisional games I think you would need to include like north and south side playing every year as well as Dwenger and Luers.

10 hours ago, Prospect said:

Homestead definitely has a chance to beat Westfield. I would have loved to see Goode come back, but Ormsby has settled into the QB role nicely. If they make it past Westfield I do like their chances of beating Elkhart, Penn, or Lafayette Jeff to advance to the finals. Unfortunately Center Grove will most likely await them from the South - if you haven't had a chance to watch them play I would highly recommend it.

I've seen Westfield play..if they meet in regionals it will be tough sledding..since the onset of 6a, the north semi state participant has not been from the area..programs thought they could beat carmel too..until they played carmel.. I will start believing once again after it actually happens..

Edited by Justasportsfan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

I've seen Westfield play..if they meet in regionals it will be tough sledding..since the onset of 6a, the north semi state participant has not been from the area..programs thought they could beat carmel too..until they played carmel.. I will start believing once again after it actually happens..

Oh I completely agree. Last year everyone thought Homestead was going to have a shot, but ran into Carmel. I said it above that 6A is still the MIC vs everyone else and the only non MIC team to even make it to the state finals is Penn. That will change this year with all of the MIC teams playing in the southern half of the bracket, but there is not a team good enough in the north to challenge Center Grove in the finals so another year, another MIC team winning 6A.

If Ft. Wayne schools are serious about competing on a State level in one of the countries toughest divisions (6A), they need to split up the SAC. 

What they need to add is competition from Indy.  Avon vs. Carroll, Dwenger vs. Chatard,  Luers vs. LCC, Homestead vs. Brownsburg, Concordia vs. Guerin Catholic, etc. are exciting matchups. It would give teams in the NE8 an opportunity to play a SAC team as well.  It would be a great experience for the kids of both teams to travel to each others cities.  Ft. Wayne coaches can sell it to their kids that this is what going to State will be like.  This benefits the smaller schools and the bigger schools.  A win-win scenario and no brainer, in my opinion.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

If Ft. Wayne schools are serious about competing on a State level in one of the countries toughest divisions (6A), they need to split up the SAC. 

What they need to add is competition from Indy.  Avon vs. Carroll, Dwenger vs. Chatard,  Luers vs. LCC, Homestead vs. Brownsburg, Concordia vs. Guerin Catholic, etc. are exciting matchups. It would give teams in the NE8 an opportunity to play a SAC team as well.  It would be a great experience for the kids of both teams to travel to each others cities.  Ft. Wayne coaches can sell it to their kids that this is what going to State will be like.  This benefits the smaller schools and the bigger schools.  A win-win scenario and no brainer, in my opinion.

You maybe correct with your thinking. Yet, any discussion here on this message board goes nowhere without the input of the schools you've mentioned. I'm supposing you would like to see an enterprising person latch on to your idea, run with it, and present it to the schools and each of their Athletic Department's Administrators. Just possibly, it might see the light of day, but, and always there shall be a but, it would take a month worth of Sundays, to work out the logistics for such an aggressive endeavor, if first the idea would receive a positive nod. So, in the interim, I'll wish you the best of luck seeing this through.

18 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Snider takes Carmel to the wire every single time. They were on the verge of blowing them out of the water in 18' before self-destructing. Penn took care of business the following week. 

Homestead outplayed Carmel for a half last year without their best player. Sure, good teams figure it out in the end and that's what Carmel did. My point is this: Sectional 4 is FAR from invincible. The favorite? Yes. Is Westfield a darn good football team? Yes. But Homestead has amped up their level of play since joining the SAC, so don't be surprised if they give the Shamrocks a run...............if they get out of Sectional 3. 

• Like 1