Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC sectionals week 2

Carroll, Homestead,North Side, Dwenger, South, Delta, Concordia, Luers                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Edited by Gridiron_Junkie

Carrol over Warsaw 48-28

Homestead over Snider 24-17

North Side over Northrop 35-28

Dwenger over Anderson 49-0

Marion over South Side 28-21

Delta over Wayne 35-21

Concordia over Oak Hill 35-7

Luers over Fairfield 36-35

4 hours ago, jakone said:

Carroll at Warsaw

Snider at Homstead

Northrop at North Side

Anderson at Dwenger

South Side at Marion

Wayne at Delta

Concordia at Oak Hill

Luers at Fairfield

Warsaw says they will beat anyone from FW... so I will be a homer. Carroll 

Snider in OT

Northrop, North seems to be heading in the wrong direction 

Marion will end South's year.

Delta and Wayne have bad blood from a few years back.... Delta by 10

Concordia will move on. We do need them to get beat. Dwenger will need to rent Zollner for reginal or Semi state, or both. Just kidding. 

I am not allowed to pick Luers.

Dwenger should be able to beat Anderson by halftime. 

Edited by Mebuck
Forgot Concordia

4 hours ago, jakone said:

Carroll at Warsaw

Snider at Homstead

Northrop at North Side

Anderson at Dwenger

South Side at Marion

Wayne at Delta

Concordia at Oak Hill

Luers at Fairfield

Carroll at Warsaw - Warsaw eats up a lot of the clock, but they cannot keep up offensively. Carroll by 14 

Snider at Homestead - Snider has gotten better as the season has gone on, but still not up to par. Homestead by 21

Northrop at North Side - North gets revenge. North by 7

Anderson at Dwenger - Over by the 1st quarter. Dwenger by 56

South Side at Marion - South got a nice win last week, but Marion is a lot better than New Haven. Marion by 21

Wayne at Delta - Same as above. Delta by 28

Concordia at Oak Hill - Concordia's defense is too good. Concordia by 14

Luers at Fairfield - Could see this game going either way. Fairfield by 1

Carrol over Wasaw

Homestead over Snider

North Side over Northrop

Dwenger over Anderson

Marion over South Side

Delta over Wayne

Just for fun... Upset special Oak Hill shocks Concordia.  Concordia offense hasn’t impressed. 3 teams that beat Oak Hill have a combined record of something like 26-1.

final score 8-7

Luers over Fairfield by more than everyone thinks.  

I admire the kids confidence, but there are 6 teams in the SAC that could beat Warsaw. Three for sure and three could go either way. When the season started I though Warsaw might have a team that could or would beat anyone in the SAC. But now that the season is almost over, I don't see that being the case. 

7 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

It was on the Gridiron Digest,  so I am thinking it was an adult. 20 year olds are kids to me. It was on threads back in the spring and summer. Even last year.

Warsaw's offence needs to bring it. Carroll is probably good for 48.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:14 PM, Mebuck said:

Delta and Wayne have bad blood from a few years back.... Delta by 10

That game was 10 years ago... Not sure many playing even have any idea of it. That and it was more Wayne vs the officials that evening more that Wayne vs Delta as far as bad blood. I was actually playing in that game and it was a surreal experience seeing a ball moved 50+ yards just on penalties from one play/reaction.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 3:14 PM, Mebuck said:

Warsaw says they will beat anyone from FW... so I will be a homer. Carroll 

On 10/26/2020 at 3:33 PM, BTF said:

Teenagers? Certainly an educated adult didn't say that.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:46 PM, Mebuck said:

Not sure of the age.... it was on the gridiron. 

I have to agree here. I have not seen anything posted by any Warsaw supporters thumping their chest saying they will beat anyone from Fort Wayne. If you can find it though, I'd be interested to see it.

Since the NLC thread is pretty dead these days (it's usually me and 3-4 others at most) figured I'd pop over here to make a post about the Warsaw vs. Carroll game. In order for Warsaw to win the game, it will honestly come down to two things. Can the Tigers execute perfectly on offense (no turnovers and no/few penalties) and can they get multiple INTs on defense. If they can do these things (which they have done plenty of times this year), they will surprise you all and win this game. Best way to limit Becker and the high scoring Chargers offense? Keep them off the field. Only way this turns into a blow out is if the Tigers have multiple 3-and-outs and turnovers on offense. Otherwise, I see this one being close in the 4th quarter.

Even though the game is at Warsaw, will it still be broadcast on Summit City Sports?

11 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I have to agree here. I have not seen anything posted by any Warsaw supporters thumping their chest saying they will beat anyone from Fort Wayne. If you can find it though, I'd be interested to see it.

Since the NLC thread is pretty dead these days (it's usually me and 3-4 others at most) figured I'd pop over here to make a post about the Warsaw vs. Carroll game. In order for Warsaw to win the game, it will honestly come down to two things. Can the Tigers execute perfectly on offense (no turnovers and no/few penalties) and can they get multiple INTs on defense. If they can do these things (which they have done plenty of times this year), they will surprise you all and win this game. Best way to limit Becker and the high scoring Chargers offense? Keep them off the field. Only way this turns into a blow out is if the Tigers have multiple 3-and-outs and turnovers on offense. Otherwise, I see this one being close in the 4th quarter.

Even though the game is at Warsaw, will it still be broadcast on Summit City Sports?

Bart ball can definitely win Warsaw this game. This was from Blitz so I am sure it is quite accurate. "Becker is responsible for 94.6 percent of Carroll’s total yardage for the season – 2,828 yards out of a total of 2,989." If Warsaw can stop Becker both on the ground and through the air and come out as the more physical team they stand a chance. Carroll will be the best team that Warsaw has played and they will need to play perfect to keep this one close in my opinion.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I didn't see the said post, just going by heresay.

You're are more than welcome on this thread. Warsaw is engaging with three teams from the SAC for Sectional 3 supremecy. And I'm not counting them out by any stretch. I do, however, feel that they are the underdog of the three based on regular season performance. Good luck to them. Warsaw is a great community. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Bart ball can definitely win Warsaw this game. This was from Blitz so I am sure it is quite accurate. "Becker is responsible for 94.6 percent of Carroll’s total yardage for the season – 2,828 yards out of a total of 2,989." If Warsaw can stop Becker both on the ground and through the air and come out as the more physical team they stand a chance. Carroll will be the best team that Warsaw has played and they will need to play perfect to keep this one close in my opinion.

Becker also has the luxury of throwing to some of the best receivers in the SAC. They separate themselves. 

I will say, if there is one area of the Tiger defense that I feel confident in, it is the secondary. They have some really good athletes out there and have done well against teams passing the ball. The d-line has some good size as well, but the linebacker core is what scares me. Again, Becker is a stud as is the receiving core for the Chargers, but if the Warsaw defense can somehow force a few three-and-outs or turnovers by Carroll, then go on 10-12 play clock eating drives on offense, they'll be right in the game.

I feel like it's dumb to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if Carroll won this game 42-14, or Warsaw won the game 28-14. Either seems entirely possible to me tonight.

11 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I will say, if there is one area of the Tiger defense that I feel confident in, it is the secondary. They have some really good athletes out there and have done well against teams passing the ball. The d-line has some good size as well, but the linebacker core is what scares me. Again, Becker is a stud as is the receiving core for the Chargers, but if the Warsaw defense can somehow force a few three-and-outs or turnovers by Carroll, then go on 10-12 play clock eating drives on offense, they'll be right in the game.

I feel like it's dumb to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if Carroll won this game 42-14, or Warsaw won the game 28-14. Either seems entirely possible to me tonight.

The thing about Warsaw that I question is letting up 35 points to Huntington North and 28 to Goshen. Were these in garbage time? I know the HN game was the first of the season, but if HN put up 35 that would scare me because they are not a good football team. I don't know anything about Goshen other than their record, but 28 was the most they scored this year on a real football team (sorry SB clay.)

@Prospect Yeah Goshen scored 2 garbage time TDs with like less than 4 minutes to go in the game when Warsaw had their 2nd and 3rd string defensive guys in the game while leaving in their 1st string. Huntington North game was week 1, defense gave up some big plays that have not occurred nearly as often the last month or so.

• Like 1

I will be in utter shock if Carroll only scores 14. I'm going to say 35 minimum.  The lowest they scored all year was 21 and that was against Dwenger...........which I keep touting as one of the best defenses in the state. I don't have a lot of confidence in the Charger defense though, so if Warsaw wins, it will have to be a shootout. I'm thinking 42-21.........something like that. Or my original prediction of 48-28. 

4 hours ago, Prospect said:

Agreed. Englert has made some incredible plays this year.

Mason Englert is impressive with how he separates from the defender. He also catches everything thrown his way, even when well defended. One of the better receivers to come out of the area in recent memory. 

8 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Yes, it is. I don't see the Snider/Homestead game listed, does anyone know where to watch?