Sign in to follow this  
aces

Anderson Indians

Wow!! Some people should never be in authority roles! Good luck to Coach Albano!  Board rejects Albano's request for meeting

By Stuart HirschThe Herald Bulletin

ANDERSON — Randy Albano is officially out as head football coach of the Anderson Indians.

Albano asked for a private meeting with the Anderson Community Schools Board of Trustees in part to contest an evaluation he said was unfair.

But the board denied that request Tuesday and without comment voted unanimously to uphold the recommendation to release Albano from his coaching duties. The decision does not affect Albano’s status as a teacher.

Anderson High School Principal Terry Thompson declined to comment on the decision to release Albano.

As a coach, Albano serves on an “at will” basis, meaning he can be fired for any reason.

Albano told the board he was seeking a special meeting because he was concerned about how an evaluation of his performance as coach was conducted and that it portrayed him in a bad light.

All he wanted, Albano and his attorney, Kevin Eads, said was the opportunity to speak on his own behalf. Albano left the school board meeting immediately after the vote and offered no additional public comment.

Albano coached football for 33 years, including 27 as head coach. He was head coach at Anderson High School for five years. Last fall, he led the Anderson Indians to their first sectional 

• Upvote 1

I wonder what the reasons were.....If a coach helped the school to their first sectional title in their programs history, I would want him to stay.  Why would a school want to restart after its first glimmer of success.  Just saying, but if he is still allowed to teach, I would think he didn't violate any rules or moral standards.

I wonder what the reasons were.....If a coach helped the school to their first sectional title in their programs history, I would want him to stay. Why would a school want to restart after its first glimmer of success. Just saying, but if he is still allowed to teach, I would think he didn't violate any rules or moral standards.

Anderson did not win sectionals last year. They went 4-7 and are in the weakest conference for football in the state, pound for pound. I have no knowledge on the coach just correcting the record

The posted article got cut off. I found the article and it says they won their first sectional game in 20 years over Richmond.

Some fine editing....

Wasn't trying to fool anyone. That is just the way it posted! Seems like a bad situation.