Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Sectional Semi-Finals

Pike @ Carmel: 

Interesting matchup as Pike lost to Carmel in double OT earlier in the season. However, I think Carmel has come on strong and will definitely have home field advantage for this one. Greyhounds 34- 14

Ben Davis @ Southport:

The Giants have been all over the place this season. You never know which BD squad is going to show up on Friday night. However, this sectional is the worst sectional in 6A and Ben Davis will roll. Giants 47- 7

Lawrence Central @ Lawrence North:

The Lawrence Township games always provide excitement and are usually very close matchups. This game will be different. LN knows the importance of their postseason season run this year and I think LC will not even show up. Wildcats 35-7

Warren Central @ North Central:

This by far was the toughest to choose. I do not understand the Warriors this year and North Central has played some good football, but has also played some poor football. It is always tough to beat a team twice. Let alone Warren... BUT I think North Central pulls this one out in a close, low scoring matchup. Panthers 17-14.

Center Grove @ Columbus North:

Trojans 56-0.

On 10/26/2020 at 2:39 PM, Indiana Fan said:

Ben Davis @ Southport:

The Giants have been all over the place this season. You never know which BD squad is going to show up on Friday night. 

Bet on the team that's shown up the last two times out (and in the OT loss to LN). BD's playing 1000 times better, and Coach Simmons again, for the second year in a row, has them playing their best ball in October into November. That confidence is only going to grow. I think the Giants will be a tough out.

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Bet on the team that's shown up the last two times out (and in the OT loss to LN). BD's playing 1000 times better, and Coach Simmons again, for the second year in a row, has them playing their best ball in October into November. That confidence is only going to grow. I think the Giants will be a tough out.

When the Giants get on a roll, they are a tough team to beat in any year.

On 10/30/2020 at 11:00 AM, Indiana Fan said:

When the Giants get on a roll, they are a tough team to beat in any year.

I am going to get the specifics wrong on this, but I believe that BD gave up eight big plays to Carmel and held them the rest of the time to less than 150 yards. BD gave Center Grove the ball three or four times on short fields. This team is better than its start. I think that the confidence is only continuing to build. They have to stay healthy and keep it rolling though.