Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Upset Predictions

Reading through the talk of what teams will win their Sectional- I’m interested in who might be a sleeper no one is talking about in each sectional. I’ll start by saying I stumbled into a ticket from a family friend to watch Centerville host Scecina this Friday in Sectional 38.  The Scecina defense is legit- the Defreese kid has got to be in consideration for 2A all-state at DB- and Centerville’s offense had no answer.

I’m calling a Scecina win in the finals over 2A # 2 Heritage Christian in the finals

Love upsets.  Not really sure what’s gonna happen in my neck of the woods:

6A:   Lake Central will get obliterated by Lafayette Jeff

Crown Point hasn’t played for quite a while and I don’t think they’ll hang with Merrillville for over a quarter,  setting up a rematch from last year, but the Bronchos (with a H) will take it.

5A—Valparaiso’s the favorite and although Michigan City is pretty good, I don’t know if they can knock off the Vikings.  Munster’s in rebuild mode but maybe La Porte can do something.

4A is a little tougher with Hobart cruising against Gary West and although Highland will push them for a while, RDP 219 will put them away and face the Brick House.  I know they didn’t play this year, and how everyone and their mother thinks East Merrillville will win, Lowell wasn’t 7-1 for nothing.  And don’t you dare say forfeits....

KV and New Prairie were both eliminated (or would you say upset 😉) last week, and were the favorites.  I’m going with Plymouth now.

Hanover and Calumet both look tough in 3A, I like Andrean, Pioneer, Rensselaer Central, and possibly Wheeler in 2A which brings us to 1A.  Basically North Judson’s to lose.

Edited by Gipper

29 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Love upsets.  Not really sure what’s gonna happen in my neck of the woods:

6A:   Lake Central will get obliterated by Lafayette Jeff

Crown Point hasn’t played for quite a while and I don’t think they’ll hang with Merrillville for over a quarter,  setting up a rematch from last year, but the Bronchos (with a H) will take it.

5A—Valparaiso’s the favorite and although Michigan City is pretty good, I don’t know if they can knock off the Vikings.  Munster’s in rebuild mode but maybe La Porte can do something.

4A is a little tougher with Hobart cruising against Gary West and although Highland will push them for a while, RDP 219 will put them away and face the Brick House.  I know they didn’t play this year, and how everyone and their mother thinks East Merrillville will win, Lowell wasn’t 7-1 for nothing.  And don’t you dare say forfeits....

KV and New Prairie were both eliminated (or would you say upset 😉) last week, and were the favorites.  I’m going with Plymouth now.

Hanover and Calumet both look tough in 3A, I like Andrean, Pioneer, Rensselaer Central, and possibly Wheeler in 2A which brings us to 1A.  Basically North Judson’s to lose.

North Judsons?😂

NJ is on upset alert ... in the sec 41 final ........ The Covids hav given the Warriors hm field and 2 weeks to prepare for the rematch...... they will still need the BJs to assist in their own demise... could also get caught looking ahead to a potential Reg hm game w Lcc if the Knights r fortunate enuff to advance.... 

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

NJ is on upset alert ... in the sec 41 final ........ The Covids hav given the Warriors hm field and 2 weeks to prepare for the rematch...... they will still need the BJs to assist in their own demise... could also get caught looking ahead to a potential Reg hm game w Lcc if the Knights r fortunate enuff to advance.... 

thanks for the intel— I thought they were unstoppable when they beat West Central 54-0 last week.

13 hours ago, Gipper said:

Yep, right by Bass Lake.

I  know where they’re from. I think there’s at least 3 teams in front of them in the north and I’ll say it right to your face. 2nd and foremost I think Lutherans or South Putnams gets the blue this year. SWEAR TO GOD!

Edited by Donnie Baker

23 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

SEE YOURSELF OUT NOW!!!!!!!    :classic_laugh:

I know you guys are brahs and stuff Nowlins. But the fact remains he gets mad faster than a dancer at Zanadus when the tape breaks during Pour the sugars on me if you say something he don’t like. I gotta go 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4