Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Tipton - Eastbrook

I have no idea how good Tipton is this season but I think they are due for some breaks in the tournament.  Western Boone was very lucky to beat them in 2017 and I think they were the best team Western Boone played in 2018.  Then they finally get out of Webo's sectional and get to move into Eastbrook's.  

I will say that the final score of their game last year was not really indicative of the nature of the game.  It was a 34-7 final but the game was tied at halftime and 14-7 going to the 4th quarter.  Anything can happen, but I'm expecting a closer score than last year.  This won't be a CIC game for Eastbrook and they haven't played a decent team since August.  Sometime in the tournament they will get hit in the mouth and face some adversity and how they react to that will be interesting to me.  Friday could be that game.  We'll see.  

41 minutes ago, XStar said:

I have no idea how good Tipton is this season but I think they are due for some breaks in the tournament.  Western Boone was very lucky to beat them in 2017 and I think they were the best team Western Boone played in 2018.  Then they finally get out of Webo's sectional and get to move into Eastbrook's.  

I will say that the final score of their game last year was not really indicative of the nature of the game.  It was a 34-7 final but the game was tied at halftime and 14-7 going to the 4th quarter.  Anything can happen, but I'm expecting a closer score than last year.  This won't be a CIC game for Eastbrook and they haven't played a decent team since August.  Sometime in the tournament they will get hit in the mouth and face some adversity and how they react to that will be interesting to me.  Friday could be that game.  We'll see.  

The funny thing about a football game is that it lasts for four full quarters.  With that in mind, the final score is indicative of the game.  I wouldn’t worry yourself about haw this Eastbrook team reacts to adversity or getting “hit in the mouth.”  This team is as tough as they come. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

The funny thing about a football game is that it lasts for four full quarters.  With that in mind, the final score is indicative of the game.  I wouldn’t worry yourself about haw this Eastbrook team reacts to adversity or getting “hit in the mouth.”  This team is as tough as they come. 

I'm not at all worried about it.  How tough they are will be determined in the upcoming weeks when they start playing teams with a pulse again.  We will see if they beat Tipton by 27 again as you predict.  

3 hours ago, XStar said:

No doubt I think we are due. Last year we played with Eastbrook for most the games but not a lot of people thought Tipton would win especially with their QB out. We broke in 16 new starters from the year before. Now basically everyone returns from last year outside of the injured players this year.  Not sure on how this game will go but I do know this team this year is much better than the team a year ago. I also know the staff will have a great game plan and the kids will bring it. I think it probably comes down to the 4th quarter again and hopefully we make the big plays this time.

14 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

Jett is a good player. He was at Tipton in MS and then transferred to Western who is in our conference so our team knows him well. Not sure he’s the runner Bragg was but he’s a better passer for sure. 

Better runner, passer, and is a stud on defensive side.  This team is better than last year.  This should be a great game.  Can’t wait for Friday night!  Hopefully Tipton doesn’t mow the grass.  Anything that might slow the Blue Devils down would help!

24 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Better runner, passer, and is a stud on defensive side.  This team is better than last year.  This should be a great game.  Can’t wait for Friday night!  Hopefully Tipton doesn’t mow the grass.  Anything that might slow the Blue Devils down would help!

Didn’t realize he was playing defense as well. LB or Safety I assume?

55 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

Jett is a good player. He was at Tipton in MS and then transferred to Western who is in our conference so our team knows him well. Not sure he’s the runner Bragg was but he’s a better passer for sure. 

Did not know he was at Tipton in MS... this is not a knock on the Bragg kid, but Jett is twice the player in my honest opinion. Just different levels to being a stud.

23 minutes ago, CICairRAID said:

Did not know he was at Tipton in MS... this is not a knock on the Bragg kid, but Jett is twice the player in my honest opinion. Just different levels to being a stud.

If you ask Fballfan15 every above average football player between State Road 18 and 28 went to Tipton at some point.

8 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

If you ask Fballfan15 every above average football player between State Road 18 and 28 went to Tipton at some point.

Weird comment but I just asked him and he said that is not true. Engle however did attend Tipton until he transferred to Western. That is a fact. 

49 minutes ago, CICairRAID said:

If so, Eastbrook will win state this year with no problem.  

• Haha 1