Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Tipton - Eastbrook

9 hours ago, XStar said:

This won't be a CIC game for Eastbrook and they haven't played a decent team since August.  Sometime in the tournament they will get hit in the mouth and face some adversity and how they react to that will be interesting to me.  Friday could be that game.  We'll see.  

Funny how the Debbie Downers say this year in and year out yet the Panthers find a way to win. Granted they've had their share of "hit in the mouth" moments but, then again, EVERY team has that at some point. Last year's game against Tipton came down to conditioning. IMO, that's what won the game. The CIC is weak.... everybody can agree on that. However, Coach Adamson makes these kids believe they can win and they treat every game like it's a state championship..... regardless of how good or bad the opponent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

Jett is a good player. He was at Tipton in MS and then transferred to Western who is in our conference so our team knows him well. Not sure he’s the runner Bragg was but he’s a better passer for sure. 

Preparing for/coaching against both of them, Engle is definitely the better player. Bragg may have had a slightly better command of the O being in the system longer, but even for it only being week 2 (our week 1 due to COVID) Engle marched them down the field a few times and made plays with his arm and legs. They'll be a tough out as always with a touch more speed and throwing ability at QB to contend with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 36_Belly said:

Funny how the Debbie Downers say this year in and year out yet the Panthers find a way to win. Granted they've had their share of "hit in the mouth" moments but, then again, EVERY team has that at some point. Last year's game against Tipton came down to conditioning. IMO, that's what won the game. The CIC is weak.... everybody can agree on that. However, Coach Adamson makes these kids believe they can win and they treat every game like it's a state championship..... regardless of how good or bad the opponent.

I work out of Gas City and two of my bosses and a fair number of customers (most are named Roush) played at Eastbrook. They all have said the same thing repeatedly over the years... Adamson doesn't throw enough to keep good teams off balance and win big games. With Jett Engle in the fold that seems to have changed. 
Looking forward to Friday night, will be my first time chain ganging on an Eastbrook sideline. Ought to be a dandy of a game.

• Like 1

i find it hilarious when people say ...  they dont throw enough to keep good teams off balance... If you run the ball well enough,  guess what,  you dont need to throw. Why would I want to throw the ball if I can average 4-5 yards per carry. Im sure Eastbrook probably does that easily., just looked it up, 6.3 yards per carry on the year.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

i find it hilarious when people say ...  they dont throw enough to keep good teams off balance... If you run the ball well enough,  guess what,  you dont need to throw. Why would I want to throw the ball if I can average 4-5 yards per carry. Im sure Eastbrook probably does that easily., just looked it up, 6.3 yards per carry on the year.

When it's former players for the coach saying that? You find that hilarious?

19 minutes ago, 36_Belly said:

Those players must not have been to LOS the last few years 😉

Two are old enough to be my boss and the customers that played at Eastbrook have sons that have or now do play for Adamson.
As one of the bosses said.. "I had more opportunities to catch passes on defense than I ever did on offense"

• Like 1

Eastbrook stats:

Passing 2020- 96 ypg 5.8 attempts

Passing 2019- 39.8 ypg 4.1 attempts

Rushing 2020- 282 ypg

Rushing 2019- 301.4 ypg 

Engle Rushing- 23 ypg 

Bragg Rushing- 52 ypg

Eastbrook definitely throws the ball more and with better success this year. Seems QB last year was more involved in run game though. Run game is pretty much equal but more spread out this year. 

• Thanks 1

Jimmies and Joe's or Run/Pass Game don't matter.  Whichever schools lunch ladies prepare the better midday meal will determine this games winner.  

I checked Tipton's website...no listing of lunch menus in the month of October, but they have November all planned out and for the community to see.  Makes me feel they will have a good Friday plan to get the boys ready to go.

I checked Eastbrooks website...uh-oh, they're on Fall Break.  Hope they make the sacrifice to still come in and make a solid post walk-through snack.  Or maybe they and the boys peaked last Friday with Pizza Rippers and a Spicy Chicken Filet?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, WCGrad92 said:

Because eventually most teams run into someone that can match them in the trenches.  

17 hours ago, 36_Belly said:

However, Coach Adamson makes these kids believe they can win and they treat every game like it's a state championship..... 

Ironic since that's the one game he has yet to win.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Disdain 1

16 hours ago, olinecoach said:

Preparing for/coaching against both of them, Engle is definitely the better player. Bragg may have had a slightly better command of the O being in the system longer, but even for it only being week 2 (our week 1 due to COVID) Engle marched them down the field a few times and made plays with his arm and legs. They'll be a tough out as always with a touch more speed and throwing ability at QB to contend with.

Time will tell.  If Engle is better, they will win state.  

23 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

Didn’t realize he was playing defense as well. LB or Safety I assume?

Hypothetical and a "What would you do" kind of situation.

If your opponents QB of a high powered offense is also a starter on Defense, would you game plan to potentially run your offense towards that said player a little more often to try and wear the QB down so that maybe it would also effect the offense?

If it were me, Yes.  He may be a stud, but the more you get hit the more you are wore down.  At least one rushing play if not more every series directly to the side that that player is on.  If he lines up on a receiver, that receiver is automatically audibled to run as far down the field as possible, passing or running play. 

4 hours ago, XStar said:

Time will tell.  If Engle is better, they will win state.  

IMO, way too early to be making that claim with the field that still remains in the 2A North. A lot of good teams still left. Ironically, a potential Semit-State opponent (Andrean) also has a new QB this year that transferred in from Illinois. 

3 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

IMO, way too early to be making that claim with the field that still remains in the 2A North. A lot of good teams still left. Ironically, a potential Semit-State opponent (Andrean) also has a new QB this year that transferred in from Illinois. 

With Andrean, Pioneer, Eastside, Luers (forget their record) & Fairfield, plus the teams in their own sectional, I'd say there are a lot of minefields to cross to get to state from the 2A North semistate.  I'd take them one at a time for now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

With Andrean, Pioneer, Eastside, Luers (forget their record) & Fairfield, plus the teams in their own sectional, I'd say there are a lot of minefields to cross to get to state from the 2A North semistate.  I'd take them one at a time for now.

It seems like this season who ever comes out of the North may take 2A state this year.

6 hours ago, Boilernation said:

So if Engle is such an upgrade, they should still be able to beat Andrean this year even if they also had an upgrade.  

23 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

Eastbrook stats:

Passing 2020- 96 ypg 5.8 attempts

Passing 2019- 39.8 ypg 4.1 attempts

Rushing 2020- 282 ypg

Rushing 2019- 301.4 ypg 

Engle Rushing- 23 ypg 

Bragg Rushing- 52 ypg

Eastbrook definitely throws the ball more and with better success this year. Seems QB last year was more involved in run game though. Run game is pretty much equal but more spread out this year. 

I don't know if I'd say the run game is more spread out this year or not.  Last season they had 4 different players have 10+ rushing touchdowns.  Those same 4 also averaged 50+ yards a game each.  That's pretty good balance.  

19 minutes ago, XStar said:

I don't know if I'd say the run game is more spread out this year or not.  Last season they had 4 different players have 10+ rushing touchdowns.  Those same 4 also averaged 50+ yards a game each.  That's pretty good balance.  

I didn’t mean it as they didn’t have good balance last year. Just seem to use more guys this year. Last year they had 4 guys with 5 carries or more a game. This year they have 5 guys with 5 carries or more a game and another kid with over 200 yards and 11  yards per carry. Just seems like it’s a new kid with a big game for them this year. They’re always very balanced as far as running the ball goes though. 

21 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

Jimmies and Joe's or Run/Pass Game don't matter.  Whichever schools lunch ladies prepare the better midday meal will determine this games winner.  

I checked Tipton's website...no listing of lunch menus in the month of October, but they have November all planned out and for the community to see.  Makes me feel they will have a good Friday plan to get the boys ready to go.

I checked Eastbrooks website...uh-oh, they're on Fall Break.  Hope they make the sacrifice to still come in and make a solid post walk-through snack.  Or maybe they and the boys peaked last Friday with Pizza Rippers and a Spicy Chicken Filet?

Brings back fond memories of CJB. Would love to his thoughts on possible cures for Covid....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCKfan4life said:

Brings back fond memories of CJB. Would love to his thoughts on possible cures for Covid....

I had hoped my mention of lunch ladies might inspire him to offer some thoughts on the state of the Eastbrook/Tipton game...or perspective on about anything.  The GID and world at large needs some more CJB to bring some smiles and laughs.  Or at least get a pot stirrer back on here that simply doesn't make everyone angry!!

8 minutes ago, irishuncle411 said:

I had hoped my mention of lunch ladies might inspire him to offer some thoughts on the state of the Eastbrook/Tipton game...or perspective on about anything.  The GID and world at large needs some more CJB to bring some smiles and laughs.  Or at least get a pot stirrer back on here that simply doesn't make everyone angry!!

Who Dis Not Me GIF by Jake Martella