Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Tipton - Eastbrook

5 hours ago, Bobref said:

My guess is he would advocate a nutrition-based regimen ... centered around lard.

finish off with a Bit o Honey 

who remembers the audio that TA did with original CJB where CJB attempted to use an old guy voice while talking about his cheffn.   I mean this was maybe 2007, give or take a year...   It was incredible

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

finish off with a Bit o Honey 

who remembers the audio that TA did with original CJB where CJB attempted to use an old guy voice while talking about his cheffn.   I mean this was maybe 2007, give or take a year...   It was incredible

Can this audio possibly be found? 

I corresponded with CJB forever ago.....back in my long ago first years here.....when I thought I might ACTUALLY be able to talk with him as an equal.

I have no illusions these days as to that...and will forever find myself daunted by his dazzling brilliance.

In a perfect world, these days, CJB would give us appropriate guidance.

21 hours ago, djbowzz said:

Hypothetical and a "What would you do" kind of situation.

If your opponents QB of a high powered offense is also a starter on Defense, would you game plan to potentially run your offense towards that said player a little more often to try and wear the QB down so that maybe it would also effect the offense?

If it were me, Yes.  He may be a stud, but the more you get hit the more you are wore down.  At least one rushing play if not more every series directly to the side that that player is on.  If he lines up on a receiver, that receiver is automatically audibled to run as far down the field as possible, passing or running play. 

possibility that this could also backfire if attacking that direction and he/they stop Tipton early on too many drives then Tipton could find themselves in a hole to big to come back....especially with Eastbrooks time consuming drives !

15 hours ago, XStar said:

So if Engle is such an upgrade, they should still be able to beat Andrean this year even if they also had an upgrade.  

Could? Certainly. Would? Time will tell. Regardless of opponent, can't just slot Eastbrook as the State Champ if the QB is an upgrade. Too many variables and good teams just in the 2A North. Speaking for Andrean, they're a lot better than they were last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Could? Certainly. Would? Time will tell. Regardless of opponent, can't just slot Eastbrook as the State Champ if the QB is an upgrade. Too many variables and good teams just in the 2A North. Speaking for Andrean, they're a lot better than they were last year. 

From what I have read and seen on the PFR and Twitter highlights.... this is very much true.   They also have a new QB...... 

On 10/28/2020 at 9:41 AM, Fballfan15 said:

Jett is a good player. He was at Tipton in MS and then transferred to Western who is in our conference so our team knows him well. Not sure he’s the runner Bragg was but he’s a better passer for sure. 

Jett was only at Tipton through 6th grade. He moved to Western for 7th grade. He never played MS football for Tipton. 

Unbelievable football game. Hats off to Eastbrook for fighting back when down 29-6. Tipton was dead in the water when Eastbrook took lead 43-39. They had all the momentum and then Tipton returned their 6th or 7th kick return of the season for a TD with 6 min to go to get it back. One of the best HS games I have watched. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fballfan15 said:

Unbelievable football game. Hats off to Eastbrook for fighting back when down 29-6. Tipton was dead in the water when Eastbrook took lead 43-39. They had all the momentum and then Tipton returned their 6th or 7th kick return of the season for a TD with 6 min to go to get it back. One of the best HS games I have watched. 

Yes, but officials should never screw a team the way they did tonight!!

1 minute ago, mykidssportsfan said:

What game were you watching?

these were probably the two best teams in the state.

Check the penalty stats!!

• Kill me now 1

Congratulations Tipton on upsetting one of the greatest dynasties in Indiana high school football history.  AND, good thing the refs were "OBVIOUSLY" on your side.

Sideline penalty on the biggest score of the game for Eastbrook!  That official should never call another game!!!!!

Just now, Brettlow said:

Congratulations Tipton on upsetting one of the greatest dynasties in Indiana high school football history.  AND, good thing the refs were "OBVIOUSLY" on your side.

Did you see the game???

2 minutes ago, mykidssportsfan said:

There were bad calls on both sides. But that’s not what won/lost the game for either team. 

the last score by eastbrook was scored on a non calm offensive pass interference when our guy was about to intercept 

Our qb scored on a run play!!  You don’t know what you’re talking about!

5 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Sideline penalty on the biggest score of the game for Eastbrook!  That official should never call another game!!!!!

Did you see the game???

It wasn’t a sideline penalty it was aiding the RB. Tipton had them stuffed and Eastbrook OL pulled him off and aided the runner to get free. The officials weren’t great tonight. Awful calls both ways but definitely not the reason either team won or loss. 

1 minute ago, Fballfan15 said:

It wasn’t a sideline penalty it was aiding the RB. Tipton had them stuffed and Eastbrook OL pulled him off and aided the runner to get free. The officials weren’t great tonight. Awful calls both ways but definitely not the reason either team won or loss. 

It’s obvious the captain is pretty pissed. I swear to God he is!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

It’s obvious the captain is pretty pissed. I swear to God he is!

Yep.  Just feel bad for the seniors to have a game taken from them in that way!!

3 minutes ago, mykidssportsfan said:

Captain obvious started looking past this game and had Eastbrook in the state championship with andrean, so I’m sure he is going to need some time to get over this game where they were out played by Tipton. 

at least the team got to ride home in comfort in their double decker charter buses !  

Like I said.  You have no idea what you’re talking about!

18 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Did you see the game???

That penalty was for assisting the runner. Two of Eastbrook's coaches were just to my right when it happened and one of them had remarked about a player pulling the ball carrier right before the flag came out.

• Like 1