Jump to content

Is Columbus North pulling a fast one


Recommended Posts

With seating being reduced do to  Covid  i think Columbus North is trying to use that to there advantage.   As of right now they are only giving Cg a small amount of tickets not sure of the total amount but i do know it is just enough for the kids on the 75 man roster to have for their  parents.  Now I  do not know how they have been doing it all year but i would think they have more room then that  for about 200 people on the visitors side.  Now i could be wrong and but it sure looks like it for my point of view.  I believe that in a news story a few weeks ago  the coach made a comment of how that since it would home they could control the ground size of CG.  I was look for the story  from where i had seen it.  At the time i am write this the site was down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

With seating being reduced do to  Covid  i think Columbus North is trying to use that to there advantage.   As of right now they are only giving Cg a small amount of tickets not sure of the total amount but i do know it is just enough for the kids on the 75 man roster to have for their  parents.  Now I  do not know how they have been doing it all year but i would think they have more room then that  for about 200 people on the visitors side.  Now i could be wrong and but it sure looks like it for my point of view.  I believe that in a news story a few weeks ago  the coach made a comment of how that since it would home they could control the ground size of CG.  I was look for the story  from where i had seen it.  At the time i am write this the site was down.

They’re doing what they’ve done all year. Columbus East has done it the exact same way this year.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Fans or no fans, the outcome of this game will be the same. CG will dominate with a running clock in the 2nd half. End of thread.

Agreed.  The Trojans have already effectively played their state title game.....................

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Agreed.  The Trojans have already effectively played their state title game.....................

 

I dont know about that one just yet. I think Carmel or Brownsburg will give them a serious challenge in Semi-state. Westfield will play tough in the state finals as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

With seating being reduced do to  Covid  i think Columbus North is trying to use that to there advantage.   As of right now they are only giving Cg a small amount of tickets not sure of the total amount but i do know it is just enough for the kids on the 75 man roster to have for their  parents.  Now I  do not know how they have been doing it all year but i would think they have more room then that  for about 200 people on the visitors side.  Now i could be wrong and but it sure looks like it for my point of view.  I believe that in a news story a few weeks ago  the coach made a comment of how that since it would home they could control the ground size of CG.  I was look for the story  from where i had seen it.  At the time i am write this the site was down.

CN is doing the same exact thing they have done all year, and so does Columbus East. Has nothing to do with CG or its fans. Thank you for asking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

CN is doing the same exact thing they have done all year, and so does Columbus East. Has nothing to do with CG or its fans. Thank you for asking. 

Well here is the next Question then.  Are they doing the same thing for the home side?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

I dont know about that one just yet. I think Carmel or Brownsburg will give them a serious challenge in Semi-state. Westfield will play tough in the state finals as well.

Huh, didn't know all the 6A north teams are done for the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Trojanmp52 said:

So only players that are dressed get to  have family there.   No students no local fans no alumni 

No. Players, coaches, cheerleaders, band members and their families. My understanding is that each kid on the football team, cheerleading team, and band get two tickets for family and the seniors sometimes get more than that so more of their family can come. The tickets have never been made public because those affiliated with Columbus North or Columbus East football, cheerleading, or band end up taking all of the tickets for the home side. There’s no conspiracy here.

It’s also my understanding that both schools (North and East) have been given guidelines on the number of tickets from the school corporation based on the direction of the local health department.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

No. Players, coaches, cheerleaders, band members and their families. My understanding is that each kid on the football team, cheerleading team, and band get two tickets for family and the seniors sometimes get more than that so more of their family can come. The tickets have never been made public because those affiliated with Columbus North or Columbus East football, cheerleading, or band end up taking all of the tickets for the home side. There’s no conspiracy here.

It’s also my understanding that both schools (North and East) have been given guidelines on the number of tickets from the school corporation based on the direction of the local health department.

The only reason I keep ask questions is because I curious on how they and other schools handle fans for the season 

Edited by Trojanmp52
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

The only reason I keep ask questions is because I curious on how they and other schools handle fans for the season 

How has Center Grove handled tickets?  Down here in EVV it's been pretty limited attendance all year at 250 per side.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trojanmp52 said:

The only reason I keep ask questions is because I curious on how they and other schools handle fans for the season 

It sucks because I’m almost always at Columbus East’s home games. Didn’t get to go to any this year. The game at Franklin Central will actually be my first East game this season. If we win, I’m hoping I’ll get to make the trip to Center Grove if tickets are available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tango said:

How has Center Grove handled tickets?  Down here in EVV it's been pretty limited attendance all year at 250 per side.

Up until cathedral it was 25% capacity parents of the football team, band, cheerleaders, and dance team got two tickets if a kids parents where divorced then they get four tickets.  After that they would go on sale to students and generally Pulic.  Now for cathedral it was push up to 50% with the governor placeing us in phase 5 of the Covid reopening plan. The ticket for everone mention above it push to 4 tickets each.  Not sure on total number of people at games but do know they sold out of them ever game. I do know it helps the Ray Skillman Stadium hold a lot of people 

Edited by Trojanmp52
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

So only players that are dressed get to  have family there.   No students no local fans no alumni 

Ive answered the question twice for you. I can’t break it down anymore simple for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Up until cathedral it was 25% capacity parents of the football team, band, cheerleaders, and dance team got two tickets if a kids parents where divorced then they get four tickets.  After that they would go on sale to students and generally Pulic.  Now for cathedral it was push up to 50% with the governor placeing us in phase 5 of the Covid reopening plan. The ticket for everone mention above it push to 4 tickets each.  Not sure on total number of people at games but do know they sold out of them ever game. I do know it helps the Ray Skillman Stadium hold a lot of people 

That is very different than what we've had down here.  Our local health department has restricted tickets to 250 per side.  No students are admitted without a parent and no student sections.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

A CG fan cry afoul when they kept around 80% of the tickets for themselves for our game?!?  There are some great people down in CG, but some are just complete knuckleheads that have no clue what the hell they're talk about.

And I am sure all Cathedral fans know absolutely EVERYTHING...lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

A CG fan cry afoul when they kept around 80% of the tickets for themselves for our game?!?  There are some great people down in CG, but some are just complete knuckleheads that have no clue what the hell they're talk about.

With it being a CG home game why would we not keep 80% of the tickets. If you want more home games build your own stadium.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

With it being a CG home game why would we not keep 80% of the tickets. If you want more home games build your own stadium.

Which leads into my next comment, it’s a Columbus North home game. If they want to keep 80% of the tickets for themselves why shouldn’t they? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...