Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Clinton Prairie is OUT for a Positive test at Carroll

According to a tweet from the Clinton Prairie AD. They are out because Carroll (1st round sectional opponent) had a positive Covid test. That is WILD.

Clinton Prairie Athletics has confirmed to WLFI, News 18
that CP Football has withdrawn from the Sectional Tournament.
Per AD Brian Eaton, a positive test from Carroll High School’s team (their opponent from last week) put the team on quarantine.
The Gophers finish the 2020 season at 3-7.
Traders Point will advance to the Class A Sectional 42 final to play the winner of Clinton Central/LCC.

17 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

According to a tweet from the Clinton Prairie AD. They are out because Carroll (1st round sectional opponent) had a positive Covid test. That is WILD.

Clinton Prairie Athletics has confirmed to WLFI, News 18
that CP Football has withdrawn from the Sectional Tournament.
Per AD Brian Eaton, a positive test from Carroll High School’s team (their opponent from last week) put the team on quarantine.
The Gophers finish the 2020 season at 3-7.
Traders Point will advance to the Class A Sectional 42 final to play the winner of Clinton Central/LCC.

Bummer. A CP assistant toad me earlier and I added it to the canceled games thread. He didn’t say they had to because of Carrolls 

Couldn't they test the team and they all come back negative they are good?  Heck, Southwood had a team member test positive and the rest of the team was negative and they were cleared to play.  Guess if you have a good record or the will to play you can make it work.  Feel bad for the kids because I'm sure they want to play, but they can't control what the management wants to do.

1 minute ago, djbowzz said:

Couldn't they test the team and they all come back negative they are good?  Heck, Southwood had a team member test positive and the rest of the team was negative and they were cleared to play.  Guess if you have a good record or the will to play you can make it work.  Feel bad for the kids because I'm sure they want to play, but they can't control what the management wants to do.

I think it’s the contact thing not an actual positive for the Gophers 

2 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

I think it’s the contact thing not an actual positive for the Gophers 

So "contact" from a player on the other team gets you quarantined for 14 days, but a positive on your team gets you nothing and you are able to play?  

I would love to use this case as a case study.  If the player that tested positive played a significant amount of time Friday, I would love for each of the other players from both teams to get tested on Wednesday (Day 5) and the following Monday (Day 10).  If absolutely no players follow up with additional positives, maybe we are overreacting.  If there are some positives within this situation, that could be meaningful statistics as well.  Either way, it stinks for Clinton Prairie but how about someone use this as a positive way to learn more about the virus!

Edited by bittergymteacher
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

Bingo. The movers and shakers in the CP community probably just want to move on to basketball season.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 2

4 hours ago, djbowzz said:

So "contact" from a player on the other team gets you quarantined for 14 days, but a positive on your team gets you nothing and you are able to play?  

My understanding Is that (for some reason) the validity of the original Southwood positive test was questioned.  Therefore the entire team (including the player who was +) was retested and came back all negative.  Same reason Nick Saban coached last weekend.

The "case study" for this is Wisconsin and Illinois.  Badger QB tested positive over the weekend after he played in their opening game Friday vs. Illinois.  

His backup (teammate) has also tested positive since then.  So far, no Illini players have.  My guess is that there will be zero connected positives to him on Illinois, but a few more teammates on Wisconsin will.  

This would confirm my suspicion all along that your teammates in the locker room are more likely to transmit the virus to you than an opponent in the act of playing the game.  Which is exactly the same way the flu spreads during the season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Bingo. The movers and shakers in the CP community probably just want to move on to basketball season.

Your completely wrong once again Muda 69, your comments about CP is way off. This was a very young team that struggled early this year with injuries and playing young kids with no time this summer to be ready,  but these kids and coaching staff worked their tales off to get rolling the past 4 weeks.  The Cougar faithful said last Friday, they weren’t ready for the beating. The Gophers were looking forward to Traders Point Rematch, CP had 5 key players missing the week 3 game lost by only 3 points and a dropped TD pass in end zone by CP with 12 secs to go. 

The CP Team, Coaching staff, parents and fans were stunned Monday evening when the news arrived from Carroll. Everyone was hoping for the best by Tuesday morning and when Dr Tharp Clinton County Health officer said that per Indiana Dept Health guidelines that any player that participated in the game on Friday will quarantined for 14 days, the devastation set in. This effected most of the CP team. I was one of the parents that personally contacted Dr Tharp this morning to discuss this, but found out quickly that he would not budge from his decision and wouldn’t even go over any thing that could change this outcome. Believe it or not Muda the HS kids read this forum and your thoughts 99% of the time by no way represent CP or Clinton County .The boys were hoping for a Southwood type miracle, but only Dr Tharp can change this now! Just so everyone is clear, your school address will dictate the rules you must play by and each county around the state is doing different things. The CP admin will always do the right thing and not cheat the system and do what’s asked by them from State and Local guidelines.  Lastly it just sucks when you have 30 kids without even a sniffle. Good luck to all the teams, Covid is your biggest opponent to the oil can. 

• Like 1

As an official.  I am pretty sure that I might lose one of my crew members due to "concern".  

Now having said that..  It's sad that Clinton Prairie is out of the tournament due to no fault of their own (as of now).   i hope that the local Health Department can get involved and 'save' the seson for the kids!

Let's all hope that CP gets further testing and is clean.  And then lets all hope that their opponent is trusting of the testing and they can play this week.  

1 hour ago, Yuccaguy said:

As an official.  I am pretty sure that I might lose one of my crew members due to "concern".  

Now having said that..  It's sad that Clinton Prairie is out of the tournament due to no fault of their own (as of now).   i hope that the local Health Department can get involved and 'save' the seson for the kids!

Let's all hope that CP gets further testing and is clean.  And then lets all hope that their opponent is trusting of the testing and they can play this week.  

There if ya need me. Tell me where and when. Best wishes. 

This is an unfortunate decision that was made for our kids and our community on Tuesday afternoon. We learned of a case that was stated to positive on Monday afternoon involving a player who played about half of the games live plays. It has been deemed on our end that any player who was on the field, (making contact with the other player or not) must quarantine for 14 days. Our health dept. weighted very heavily on this as well as out county Doctor. It was stated very early on this week that no test will allow an individual to returned. Unfortunate because a cross county team was able to do this for volleyball about 2 weeks ago by our county health dept.  If the 6 foot rule were in place like in a classroom setting, we would of lost 4-5 players who were in the bubble at any point. If there was a  25 or less second contact rule instead of the 15 minutes  we would be at ZERO players. Our kids have handled the situation with a ton of respect and understanding tough many are very hurt as they have grown tremendously over the year and felt we could compete to win for our schools first sectional title. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

My understanding Is that (for some reason) the validity of the original Southwood positive test was questioned.  Therefore the entire team (including the player who was +) was retested and came back all negative.  Same reason Nick Saban coached last weekend.

A lot of complaining and moaning by parents most likely.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, djbowzz said:

Because each school is doing their own thing. That is why the IHSAA should have said this is what is going to happen. If you have players on your team you do this. Contact you do this. etc. Basketball is going to be a joke.

17 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

Very tough break.  Feel bad for CP team, staff and families.  Tough way for seniors to end.  I’d rather get stomped by 50 Friday night than go out like that.

At least they can say their last game ever was a "W".

Is this you? LOL

https://www.purdueexponent.org/campus/article_40d3860c-1890-11eb-9c22-e73084b5d3cb.html

15 hours ago, Thor77 said:

If the official rule is still within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes, than this level of contract tracing is dumb. Not to to mention the fact that there’s no evidence that it actually spreads during gameplay. 

Yeah because if this is an issue. Wrestling will be real fun. They ought to just cancel that now.

1 hour ago, Dirty D said:

Yeah because if this is an issue. Wrestling will be real fun. They ought to just cancel that now.

Wrestling may actually be one of the best contact sports to manage with Covid. You only wrestle one person from another team at a time, and in practice you can group people separately. The only issue in practice would be the spacing. I hope wrestling isn’t cancelled, I follow that more than I do football.