Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Clinton Prairie is OUT for a Positive test at Carroll

18 hours ago, CP88 said:

Your completely wrong once again Muda 69, your comments about CP is way off. This was a very young team that struggled early this year with injuries and playing young kids with no time this summer to be ready,  but these kids and coaching staff worked their tales off to get rolling the past 4 weeks.  The Cougar faithful said last Friday, they weren’t ready for the beating. The Gophers were looking forward to Traders Point Rematch, CP had 5 key players missing the week 3 game lost by only 3 points and a dropped TD pass in end zone by CP with 12 secs to go. 

The CP Team, Coaching staff, parents and fans were stunned Monday evening when the news arrived from Carroll. Everyone was hoping for the best by Tuesday morning and when Dr Tharp Clinton County Health officer said that per Indiana Dept Health guidelines that any player that participated in the game on Friday will quarantined for 14 days, the devastation set in. This effected most of the CP team. I was one of the parents that personally contacted Dr Tharp this morning to discuss this, but found out quickly that he would not budge from his decision and wouldn’t even go over any thing that could change this outcome. Believe it or not Muda the HS kids read this forum and your thoughts 99% of the time by no way represent CP or Clinton County .The boys were hoping for a Southwood type miracle, but only Dr Tharp can change this now! Just so everyone is clear, your school address will dictate the rules you must play by and each county around the state is doing different things. The CP admin will always do the right thing and not cheat the system and do what’s asked by them from State and Local guidelines.  Lastly it just sucks when you have 30 kids without even a sniffle. Good luck to all the teams, Covid is your biggest opponent to the oil can. 

Could NOT agree more 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CP88 said:

Your completely wrong once again Muda 69, your comments about CP is way off. This was a very young team that struggled early this year with injuries and playing young kids with no time this summer to be ready,  but these kids and coaching staff worked their tales off to get rolling the past 4 weeks.  The Cougar faithful said last Friday, they weren’t ready for the beating. The Gophers were looking forward to Traders Point Rematch, CP had 5 key players missing the week 3 game lost by only 3 points and a dropped TD pass in end zone by CP with 12 secs to go. 

The CP Team, Coaching staff, parents and fans were stunned Monday evening when the news arrived from Carroll. Everyone was hoping for the best by Tuesday morning and when Dr Tharp Clinton County Health officer said that per Indiana Dept Health guidelines that any player that participated in the game on Friday will quarantined for 14 days, the devastation set in. This effected most of the CP team. I was one of the parents that personally contacted Dr Tharp this morning to discuss this, but found out quickly that he would not budge from his decision and wouldn’t even go over any thing that could change this outcome. Believe it or not Muda the HS kids read this forum and your thoughts 99% of the time by no way represent CP or Clinton County .The boys were hoping for a Southwood type miracle, but only Dr Tharp can change this now! Just so everyone is clear, your school address will dictate the rules you must play by and each county around the state is doing different things. The CP admin will always do the right thing and not cheat the system and do what’s asked by them from State and Local guidelines.  Lastly it just sucks when you have 30 kids without even a sniffle. Good luck to all the teams, Covid is your biggest opponent to the oil can. 

Go Hot Dogs.

• Disdain 3

27 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

And like clockwork with the down thumbs. I swear to God he is! Hey Mudas don’t use your hoe quotas on me!

The guy needs to stay OOB.  Haven’t ever seen him post an actual fball related comment.  seagull... flies in, “drops” his Covid ramblings all over the board... flies away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

The guy needs to stay OOB.  Haven’t ever seen him post an actual fball related comment.  seagull... flies in, “drops” his Covid ramblings all over the board... flies away.

Thank you for your support.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Purdue Pete said:

It is my policy not to comment while there is an ongoing investigation.

True Story:  My Frat had a tradition of having some Pete's in it,   I thought it would be a cool deal and had the pizzaz to pull it off.... however, they had try outs on a Friday at 8 pm.  I think they did that for a purpose.....  I did not make try outs.....  that Friday at 8 pm....  got me.   where were the priorities (don't answer that) 

I don’t think Clinton Prairie would challenge the health officer’s order, but I would be interested in seeing it since this varies from county to county.  Test everyone like Southwood did.  If they come back negative, play.  Traders Point may not agree to that though and it would put them in a difficult position.  A school not far away changed their close contact policy to differ from their county health officer’s criteria (health officer said 3-6 feet is a close contact, school said only within 3 feet).  The school board notified the health officer of their plan (basically to get the officer’s blessing) to have a different criteria and approved the policy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

I don’t think Clinton Prairie would challenge the health officer’s order, but I would be interested in seeing it since this varies from county to county.  Test everyone like Southwood did.  If they come back negative, play.  Traders Point may not agree to that though and it would put them in a difficult position.  A school not far away changed their close contact policy to differ from their county health officer’s criteria (health officer said 3-6 feet is a close contact, school said only within 3 feet).  The school board notified the health officer of their plan (basically to get the officer’s blessing) to have a different criteria and approved the policy.

I think the biggest concern initially is that the health dept and the health director have already set a precedent with an county school on how to handle the situation with regard to a close contact. By making a complete reversal with no reasons or ability to discuss with anyone outside of a closed room is not the transparency that many on here talk about wanting their local governments and schools to have.  Even with covid a lot of things must of changed in those two weeks to go from letting a group get tests to keep tournament hope alive to not even considering or looking at multiple angles of film to determine who may or may not be considered a close contact.  At the end of the day we have 20 kids out do to "close contact" many of which never came with in 5-10 yards of the individual. They are out of school and isolated away from peers unnecessarily and no one would even look to give them a chance or time to consider their level of contact. Its is to late for our team who I personally feel got the short end of the stick. I hope though that discussions can be had in the near future in our county, and maybe yours, to come ups with ways to help kids stay in school and give them opportunities that our team was denied.  

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

True Story:  My Frat had a tradition of having some Pete's in it,   I thought it would be a cool deal and had the pizzaz to pull it off.... however, they had try outs on a Friday at 8 pm.  I think they did that for a purpose.....  I did not make try outs.....  that Friday at 8 pm....  got me.   where were the priorities (don't answer that) 

It was a Friday night..., were you watching a HS football game? (snicker, snicker)

Edited by nmsu_aggie

11 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD8WKvm8NZI 

2 hours ago, CoachJones said:

I think the biggest concern initially is that the health dept and the health director have already set a precedent with an county school on how to handle the situation with regard to a close contact. By making a complete reversal with no reasons or ability to discuss with anyone outside of a closed room is not the transparency that many on here talk about wanting their local governments and schools to have.  Even with covid a lot of things must of changed in those two weeks to go from letting a group get tests to keep tournament hope alive to not even considering or looking at multiple angles of film to determine who may or may not be considered a close contact.  At the end of the day we have 20 kids out do to "close contact" many of which never came with in 5-10 yards of the individual. They are out of school and isolated away from peers unnecessarily and no one would even look to give them a chance or time to consider their level of contact. Its is to late for our team who I personally feel got the short end of the stick. I hope though that discussions can be had in the near future in our county, and maybe yours, to come ups with ways to help kids stay in school and give them opportunities that our team was denied.  

Absolutely true that the path through covid is determined by LOCAL officials.  Sounds like Dr (Fauci) Tharp has a lot of explaining to do regarding the consistency of his direction / recommendations.  Lack of consistency (and or competency) makes it even harder on everyone involved.

2 hours ago, CoachJones said:

Absolutely BRUTAL Coach Jones.   So unfortunate 

Schools are the absolute safest place to be....   Transmission rates are so rediculously low 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Absolutely true that the path through covid is determined by LOCAL officials.  Sounds like Dr (Fauci) Tharp has a lot of explaining to do regarding the consistency of his direction / recommendations.  Lack of consistency (and or competency) makes it even harder on everyone involved.

The thing is several years ago Dr. Tharp and his wife sold their home in the posh Little Lakes Estates north of Frankfort and moved to Indianapolis, yet he still works at an office in Clinton County.  Not exactly sure how "local" of an official that really is anymore.

12 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

Does this school "not far away" happen to have 3 ft OL splits?🤔

2 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

I spoke with Dr Tharp and CP’s new interim Supt of 10 days. Both were greatly concerned that the individual player from Carroll (that was on the field less than 1/2 the game, only in contact with 5/6 CP kids, with mostly no face to face contact) was In huddles & once he touched 1 CP kid or teammate then the spread was there. Keep in mind 25+mph wind and rain was during entire game. I asked if either were in attendance or have watched any CP game this year, both said no. The Gophers never huddle on both sides of the ball. Coach Jones has done a great job on laying the groundwork of social distancing for players, on the field, timeouts. sidelines, practice, etc.. Neither would discuss finding out more info from Carroll County on when the test was taken, type of testing, when symptoms started etc.. to make 100% sure.  I also heard from both that football is a “contact sport” and volleyball is not, I guess there was no net play when the same type incident involved the Clinton Central volleyball team at the CP invite with another school a week prior to volleyball sectionals. Dr Tharp and CC admin decided if everyone was tested, they could play and they did. The new Interim Supt for CP said he WOULD 100% support the recommendations of Dr Tharp and advise the CP School Board that he would not support anything they bring him on other medical advice, testing the team etc.. 95% of CP staff wouldn’t even know this guy if he passed by, to my knowledge he hasn’t even been formerly introduced to anyone. As far as Dr. Tharp , I’ve had to work with him on several events this summer and he really didn’t want things to happen but the governor was opening up the state and he had hard time disputing the guidelines from the state when calling him out.  He stated on the phone tues to me that he was wanting to put Clinton County to RED if numbers continue to rise. He was very concerned with extra curricular activities. He said if not this week probably next week on putting Clinton County in the RED. If that happens, the Bulldogs would then be in jeopardy of a sectional title if they beat the Covid Knights this week. The sect title could go to TP without even playing a game. I hope not for all kids involved but that is a possibility. Bottom line is that 2 people who both reside in Indy area made this decision for the CP STUDENT/Athletes and the CP community. The CP kids went above and beyond this season to keep them on the field by limiting where they went and who they were around.  Now Dr Tharp and the new Supt think these kids will Isolate next 14 days, they just completely took the CP kids out of the BUBBLE they’ve been building since the July workouts!

MUDA 69 are you ok with that the Chief Clinton County Health Officer doesn’t live in our community, doesn’t currently practice medicine in Clinton County or currently have an active practice? Just curious. Your beloved Hotdogs could face the same things yet this year! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CP88 said:

MUDA 69 are you ok with that the Chief Clinton County Health Officer doesn’t live in our community, doesn’t currently practice medicine in Clinton County or currently have an active practice? Just curious. Your beloved Hotdogs could face the same things yet this year! 

No, I am not ok with that situation.  Hence my earlier comment of "Not exactly sure how "local" of an official that really is anymore."

• Like 1