Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 37 - History of Success in this bracket

Western Boone vs North Putnam (3rd year in a row) -- Western Boone

Seeger vs Cascade -- Seeger

This sectional has produced 25% of the State Finalists in the last 10 years - WeBo (2-time defending Champs); Monrovia (State Champ & Runner-up); North Putnam (Runner-up).  I am saying that this could happen again this year as WeBo has the experience and is gaining the confidence to get back to Lucas Oil to defend their streak. (Sorry Herb/Seeger or Cascade).

19 minutes ago, NPCougarNation said:

This sectional has produced 25% of the State Finalists in the last 10 years - WeBo (2-time defending Champs); Monrovia (State Champ & Runner-up); North Putnam (Runner-up).  I am saying that this could happen again this year as WeBo has the experience and is gaining the confidence to get back to Lucas Oil to defend their streak. (Sorry Herb/Seeger or Cascade).

WeBos schedule and improvement through the season is a big advantage 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

WeBos schedule and improvement through the season is a big advantage 

I watched a good chunk of their scrimmage against Speedway back in August and I don't know if Western Boone had players out, were holding back, or just wasn't very good at that point but I thought Speedway was the better team.  Then they lost to Sheridan to open the season and I kind of thought they'd be an afterthought come tournament time.  But they handled that same Speedway team 25-3 in the first round of the sectional and look destined to play Seeger (who beat Sheridan) in the sectional final.  Reminds me a bit of last year when I could never reconcile their early loss to Western until they completed a dominant run through the state tournament and I finally was just convinced they improved a ton throughout the season.  Are we seeing the same thing this season?  I'm not predicting anything close to the dominance they showed in the tournament last season but I wouldn't rule out a trophy or two either.  

Edited by XStar

Looking forward to Friday.  It's one game at a time.  Webo is a much different team from week 1 to now.  I think I said somewhere else that scrimmages are just that.  I take those with a grain of salt.  No film, no game planning, no prep.  For what it's worth, I didn't leave the 2019 scrimmage with Speedway with a great feeling... But you give Coach Pelley, Coach Brunes, and staff opportunity to prepare, I like Webo's chances against anyone.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Looking forward to Friday.  It's one game at a time.  Webo is a much different team from week 1 to now.  I think I said somewhere else that scrimmages are just that.  I take those with a grain of salt.  No film, no game planning, no prep.  For what it's worth, I didn't leave the 2019 scrimmage with Speedway with a great feeling... But you give Coach Pelley, Coach Brunes, and staff opportunity to prepare, I like Webo's chances against anyone.  

How is the make up of this western Boone team this year? I thought i saw somewhere they had a freshman and some sophomores really step up. 

Do they have a big senior class? Like is there a few seniors that played last year as juniors mixed in with some seniors that waited for their turn?

3 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

How is the make up of this western Boone team this year? I thought i saw somewhere they had a freshman and some sophomores really step up. 

Do they have a big senior class? Like is there a few seniors that played last year as juniors mixed in with some seniors that waited for their turn?

Lots of Sophomores playing, a couple of freshman.  I want to say 10-12 Soph/Freshman starting... 

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Lots of Sophomores playing, a couple of freshman.  I want to say 10-12 Soph/Freshman starting... 

Yikes bad for 2a or 3a lol. How many starters does webo got goin both ways?

Edited by TheStatGuy

I'm kind of torn on whether I want Western Boone to move up to 3A.  Sounds like they have a core that could make a run at another state title in 2A.  Not sure that they can do that type of damage at the 3A level.  Their prior stint in 3A did not yield as much as a sectional.  If they move up, at least Chatard should be playing 4A the next couple of years.  Assuming they get put into the same sectional as North Montgomery, there's a few other really tough programs there though and West Lafayette has been a somewhat regular obstacle for them dating back to the 90's.  

On 10/29/2020 at 3:41 AM, TheStatGuy said:

They have a solid 5th grade class. I swear to God they do!

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2020 at 2:14 AM, NPCougarNation said:

Umm statistically any given year a sectional has a 25 percent chance of being represented at state. 

• Haha 1