Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 40 Final: (7-4) Mater Dei @ (8-3) Linton

31 minutes ago, kingtut said:

Thank you.  I stand corrected.  I was there at Reitz bowl too.  I guess I successfully erased that game from my memory. 🙂

NOt sure but I think SOuthridge had us 35-0 2018 at their place in the 4th and a running clock... but I could be wrong...

Just now, Miner_Pride said:

NOt sure but I think SOuthridge had us 35-0 2018 at their place in the 4th and a running clock... but I could be wrong...

BUT yeah.... very very very rare for Linton!

1 hour ago, Miner_Pride said:

Did the automatic running clock when a team is 35 points ahead start in 2018 or before. I think Southridge was up 35-0 in 2018 but not sure if that was the rule back then.

15 minutes ago, sr1 said:

Did the automatic running clock when a team is 35 points ahead start in 2018 or before. I think Southridge was up 35-0 in 2018 but not sure if that was the rule back then.

Started in 2019....for regular season only.  This year it extended to playoffs (excepting the Championship...I believe).

5 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

I have to preface everything I post with "I could be wrong" but I don't think the 35 point rule was in effect in 2018.

18 minutes ago, kingtut said:

I have to preface everything I post with "I could be wrong" but I don't think the 35 point rule was in effect in 2018.

Correct. It was approved in April 2019 and took effect that fall.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/04/30/ihsaa-approves-football-mercy-rule/3624767002/

6 hours ago, globemstr3 said:

OK   its over now. The Boys had a Great Season! Lotta Progress. Now can some Linton local start a BB thread. I think we might see History here with the Boys and Girls BB Teams. Certainly the girls! GO MINERS!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbors? It’s not over until Tuts and Minor Prides say it is.

STATE LAW!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The Mercy Rule remains in effect at all levels except the Finals.

Define finals...I was informed yesterday by a very fine IHSAA official on this very “Interweb thingy” that the Mercy Rule is no longer in play.

As to who informed me of that...well...”Snitches get Stitches”.......and I’m no snitch.

Just now, Lysander said:

Define finals...I was informed yesterday by a very fine IHSAA official on this very “Interweb thingy” that the Mercy Rule is no longer in play.

As to who informed me of that...well...”Snitches get Stitches”.......and I’m no snitch.

My information comes from the very highest level.

11 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbors? It’s not over until Tuts and Minor Prides say it is.

STATE LAW!

I cannot figure out why you are mixing Donnie with Squirrelly Dan from Letterkenny.  When did Donnie Baker start adding "s" to the end of random words.  

the sad thing for us MIner Fans tho.. is we really wanted this game to be competitive... running clocks may be the norm in a alot of our games.. but not usually with us down 35+...    and while he score looked better at 37-20.. we know it really wasn't close in the slightest past 1st quarter.. and that is a big disappointment.   Three meetings with Mater Dei and we haven't been in any of these games.   Pushed up to 2A was welcomed by most all Linton folks...but it's clear we have a lot of stairs to climb to get to that playing field.  We have a solid class of Juniors who will be seniors in '21 and a handful of Sophs who started will have a year experience.  We lose 3 offensive starters, 2 defensive.  I like what's coming back, but we have to shore up the pass defense against these better spread teams like Mater Dei.  Gets us every time.

And that's my last post about it  LOL!  

1 hour ago, Miner_Pride said:

the sad thing for us MIner Fans tho.. is we really wanted this game to be competitive... running clocks may be the norm in a alot of our games.. but not usually with us down 35+...    and while he score looked better at 37-20.. we know it really wasn't close in the slightest past 1st quarter.. and that is a big disappointment.   Three meetings with Mater Dei and we haven't been in any of these games.   Pushed up to 2A was welcomed by most all Linton folks...but it's clear we have a lot of stairs to climb to get to that playing field.  We have a solid class of Juniors who will be seniors in '21 and a handful of Sophs who started will have a year experience.  We lose 3 offensive starters, 2 defensive.  I like what's coming back, but we have to shore up the pass defense against these better spread teams like Mater Dei.  Gets us every time.

And that's my last post about it  LOL!  

What did it take like 90 years to win the first one? I don't think it will take that long today. Miners will get over this and get much better. You can bet that Coach Oliver knows where that better needs to be. Hey gotta remember Linton is a small school in a small town. MD is a small school in the City of Evansville. Things can change quickly there not so much Linton. I think it's very funny (Me included at times) we won our first Championship a mere 4 years ago. Now we demand it. LOL   Ollie and the gang always put out great kids. I think it started with Steve. But regardless. We need to support our Basketball teams as well. Theres a real chance that the girls repeat and the boys win as well! I hope the folk in Linton understand that. Its a GREAT DAY to be a MINER as Charlie says

1 hour ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Last two games against Linton:

MD Starters 81 Linton Starters 7

MD JV 0 Linton starters 33

MD has a lot coming back next year as well.  I expect another sectional match up between these two.

MD is always gonna be involved in sectional championship in 2A IMO.... in this sectional.