Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Is the end coming for Harbaugh at Michigan?

Guest DT

15 hours ago, temptation said:

ND is one fanbase I WON’T take crap from...

15568657-9A7F-46B4-8E6D-54208C62A0D2.png

You will this year. You’ll take it ... and like it. And stop posting that crap, or I’ll PM you video clips all day of Rocket Ismail running back kickoffs, and Bo Schembechler with that look on his face.

Just now, Bobref said:

You will this year. You’ll take it ... and like it. And stop posting that crap, or I’ll PM you video clips all day of Rocket Ismail running back kickoffs, and Bo Schembechler with that look on his face.

As an ND fan, this is funnier. 

3 hours ago, DE said:

51 yard FG for the WIN!

Sure looked a lot like Joe Montana 😉

Harry's story is a great one. He was from those great Jerry Faust teams at Cincinnati Moeller. Died tragically from cancer at only 47. That kick makes any list of the top 5 greatest moments in the history of Notre Dame Stadium. ... and that's saying quite a bit.

https://und.com/notre-dame-mourns-loss-of-football-hero-harry-oliver-2/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bobref said:

LOL, only as good as your last head to head matchup...

The argument could be made that Michigan is suffering through its worst stretch over the last decade in 50 years...yet is still 5-5 against ND in the last 10.

Hell, Rich Rod and Brady Hoke held their own and had a winning record against ND...

Edited by temptation

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

LOL, only as good as your last head to head matchup...

The argument could be made that Michigan is suffering through its worst stretch over the last decade in 50 years...yet is still 5-5 against ND in the last 10.

Hell, Rich Rod and Brady Hoke held their own and had a winning record against ND...

Oops.  6-4 in their last 10.

Buckeye fans can gimme all the hell they want.  They’ve earned it.

ND fans?  Nah...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

And Notre Dame football is .....

C’mon, say it. You’ll feel better afterward. I promise.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Better than Michigan?  Not sure what you want from me here...

Try this:

Michigan football right now is to mediocre as Notre Dame football right now is to _______________________.

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

Try this:

Michigan football right now is to mediocre as Notre Dame football right now is to _______________________.

Good?

Lets not go down this rabbit hole.  I respect you too much to derail this thread.

Edited by temptation

On 11/18/2020 at 2:32 PM, temptation said:

ND is one fanbase I WON’T take crap from...

15568657-9A7F-46B4-8E6D-54208C62A0D2.png

I hope Harbaugh got a huge raise and extension off this game, because every Um fan I know has lived off it. He might as well also. 

Wonder if I can go back in history and find a game ND blew them out.........🤔

51 minutes ago, SL816 said:

I hope Harbaugh got a huge raise and extension off this game, because every Um fan I know has lived off it. He might as well also. 

Wonder if I can go back in history and find a game ND blew them out.........🤔

With the current coaching regimes in place...nope you can’t.

ND will get their chance in 2032...

For whatever reason, the AP, Coaches, and the Committee will forever remember the 2019 Notre Dame team for how they performed on the road during a hurricane.............bless their little hearts, I guess they just don't understand things. 

So what if they took Georgia to the wire on the road. Who cares if they dominated what was suppose to be a good Virginia team. The 52-10 pasting of #20 Navy? Who cares. And then the complete and absolute demolition of what was suppose to be a VERY good Iowa State team. You know, the team that came with one of Iowa, two of Baylor, and one of Oklahoma? Yep, that's right. Notre Dame waxed them 33-9 in an absolute blowout. Good enough for the Top 10? Guess not. Like I said.........bless the pollsters little hearts, much learning to do. 

Kudos to Michigan, they get bragging rights over the Irish in head to head competition until they play again. And give Michigan a pass for Covid in my opinion. This is just a strange year and the Wolverines are fighting injuries and player defections. And as much as I hate to say it, give Harbaugh a pass too. By this time in his career at Michigan, he should have done more by now. But, I still think there could be light at the end of the tunnel if he completes a total evaluation of his team like Kelly did after the 4-8 season. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

For whatever reason, the AP, Coaches, and the Committee will forever remember the 2019 Notre Dame team for how they performed on the road during a hurricane.............bless their little hearts, I guess they just don't understand things. 

So what if they took Georgia to the wire on the road. Who cares if they dominated what was suppose to be a good Virginia team. The 52-10 pasting of #20 Navy? Who cares. And then the complete and absolute demolition of what was suppose to be a VERY good Iowa State team. You know, the team that came with one of Iowa, two of Baylor, and one of Oklahoma? Yep, that's right. Notre Dame waxed them 33-9 in an absolute blowout. Good enough for the Top 10? Guess not. Like I said.........bless the pollsters little hearts, much learning to do. 

Kudos to Michigan, they get bragging rights over the Irish in head to head competition until they play again. And give Michigan a pass for Covid in my opinion. This is just a strange year and the Wolverines are fighting injuries and player defections. And as much as I hate to say it, give Harbaugh a pass too. By this time in his career at Michigan, he should have done more by now. But, I still think there could be light at the end of the tunnel if he completes a total evaluation of his team like Kelly did after the 4-8 season. 

Well stated.  Michigan is not Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State but they are also not Nebraska or Tennessee.

If you try to re-tool and rebuild your coaching staff every 5-6 years, you dig yourself an even deeper hole to relevancy.

There are many once proud programs that ignore this fact.

And while I agree that Harbaugh should have accomplished more by now, he took over in the midst of his two main rivals having the best runs in PROGRAM history.  MSU and OSU (and the Big Ten East in general) is/are as good as its ever been.

Third place in the division usually still means you are a top 10-15 team.  There are worse places to be.

Edited by temptation

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Well stated.  Michigan is not Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State but they are also not Nebraska or Tennessee.

If you try to re-tool and rebuild your coaching staff every 5-6 years, you dig yourself an even deeper hole to relevancy.

There are many once proud programs that ignore this fact.

IU struggled mightily with that from the time the fired Mallory until they settled on Allen. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BTF said:

IU struggled mightily with that from the time the fired Mallory until they settled on Allen. 

Correct.  But they knew their place in the football hierarchy, had realistic expectations for their program from both administration and alumni and it is now paying dividends.

Some programs (like the ones I mentioned above) are still living on past glory and cave to pressure.