Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Luers-Eastside: Sectional 35 Final

27 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Very intriguing matchup this week out at Luersfield. Thoughts? Predictions? I believe this game will come down to which Luers team shows up on Friday night. Eastside has been a very consistent ball club all year and if Luers doesn’t match that, even at home, it’ll be a long night. 

Luers can't get into another shootout especially if Hale is injured. I think this will be similar to last year, low scoring affair with whoever scores 21 coming out on top.

6 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Any injury updates on Hale?? 

Wouldn't hold your breath on anyone letting you know for sure up until game time on Friday. Last I heard was doubtful he'd play Friday.

50 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Luers can't get into another shootout especially if Hale is injured. I think this will be similar to last year, low scoring affair with whoever scores 21 coming out on top.

I agree. If Hale is out, that changes things offensively for Luers. I was impressed with the return of Ramon Anderson last week. Hopefully having him back in the fold will be enough if Hale is out. 

54 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

It’s certainly not what it was 15-20 years ago no, but still much more competitive than the other local conferences. 

15-20 years ago there were 3 teams that were consistently good, Snider, Dwenger and Luers the rest would pop up every few years. Now with the addition of Homestead and Carroll the SAC is not only better now but when Snider rebounds (which they will) the SAC will be a lot better than 15-20 years ago. Just my opinion.

34 minutes ago, jakone said:

15-20 years ago there were 3 teams that were consistently good, Snider, Dwenger and Luers the rest would pop up every few years. Now with the addition of Homestead and Carroll the SAC is not only better now but when Snider rebounds (which they will) the SAC will be a lot better than 15-20 years ago. Just my opinion.

The rule change that essentially took districts away is why I think it’s less competitive now. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a definite upgrade having Homestead and Carroll in the SAC. My gripe is when we see kids transferring schools every year with no penalty of sitting out depending on what team is gonna have the best roster. Back in the day you went to the school in your district or sat out a year.

3 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

The rule change that essentially took districts away is why I think it’s less competitive now. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a definite upgrade having Homestead and Carroll in the SAC. My gripe is when we see kids transferring schools every year with no penalty of sitting out depending on what team is gonna have the best roster. Back in the day you went to the school in your district or sat out a year.

Eh, people still had issues with students going to school A when growing up in feeder programs for school B..most athletes sat out due to their former school not releasing them..

On 11/3/2020 at 7:33 PM, southend said:

Eastside in this one. SAC is on the down slide. 
I mean they have a punchers chance, but it is not looking good for the knights. 
I don’t know about returning injured players. They will need them. 

There he goes again, SAC on the downslide. I asked the "little sister to the east"  in other thread to provide data to support that, still waiting for evidence. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

None are FWCS so they likely all are hosting fans.

I read this on the Luers site:

Friday, November 6, the Bishop Luers Knights take on the Eastside Blazers at Luers Field!

Tickets will be available for purchase for our Football and Cheer families in the Front Office on Wednesday 1:00PM-4:30PM, Thursday 7:15AM-4:30PM, and Friday 7:15 AM- 12:30PM. Tickets are $6.00 each, and will not be sold at the gates Friday night. Tickets can be picked up by student athletes or parents!

I wouldn't rush over to wait in line.  

21 hours ago, psaboy said:

There he goes again, SAC on the downslide. I asked the "little sister to the east"  in other thread to provide data to support that, still waiting for evidence. 

I’m not going to do the research for you lazy people, look up the regression your self. 
It’s down right pitiful!

I remember knights, saints, panthers, and even the cadets along with the hawks used to be the talk of the north part of the state. 
Maybe you were in diapers then, I don’t know, but they were kickin butt and taking names. 

• Disdain 1
  • Kill me now 1

1 minute ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

Luers just survives Eastside. Up by 14 points most of the night.  Luers almost blows it.  But holds on. Eastside had chance to tie after successful onsides kick. Eastside running game shredded Luers D. Questional Td for Luers.

A W is a W, good win for the knights 

4 hours ago, southend said:

I’m not going to do the research for you lazy people, look up the regression your self. 
It’s down right pitiful!

I remember knights, saints, panthers, and even the cadets along with the hawks used to be the talk of the north part of the state. 
Maybe you were in diapers then, I don’t know, but they were kickin butt and taking names. 

Kind of sounds like Trump, making a bunch of statements without any facts to back up. 

• Like 1