Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Luers-Eastside: Sectional 35 Final

9 hours ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

Luers just survives Eastside. Up by 14 points most of the night.  Luers almost blows it.  But holds on. Eastside had chance to tie after successful onsides kick. Eastside running game shredded Luers D. Questional Td for Luers.

When teams get to the level of Sectional Championships and beyond, I think "survive" becomes a more common term.  Having said that, Luers defense was on its heels most of the night.  The Knights will keep fighting.  That I am sure of.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Agreed. They were very lucky to come out of there with a W. They’ll be overmatched vs Tipton next week. The Blue Devils are the real deal.

They struggled at home vs. Lapel and Lapel was ranked well below Fairfield and especially Eastside. If Luers doesn't shore up their defense it might be a problem.

12 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Agreed. They were very lucky to come out of there with a W. They’ll be overmatched vs Tipton next week. The Blue Devils are the real deal.

And so the Lou Holtzing starts! Man I missed this from playing Luers 3 years in a row. Luers is definitely the favorite but I think we will see a good game. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jakone said:

They struggled at home vs. Lapel and Lapel was ranked well below Fairfield and especially Eastside. If Luers doesn't shore up their defense it might be a problem.

If struggled=stopping Lapel 3 times in the red zone, then you may be correct.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jakone said:

I wouldn’t say Tipton struggled. They were in control and Lapel scored a late TD to make it 28-20. Now I will say, Tipton wasn’t as sharp last night but that was to be expected after knocking off the #2 team the week before. There’s no doubt Tipton will have its hands full with Luers. Looking forward to Friday night!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

And so the Lou Holtzing starts! Man I missed this from playing Luers 3 years in a row. Luers is definitely the favorite but I think we will see a good game. 

Depends on who u talk to..others have stated Luers is on the decline..id never count them out..others..not so much

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Depends on who u talk to..others have stated Luers is on the decline..id never count them out..others..not so much

Luers starting lineup is made up of some juniors and a lot of sophomores. They will be upclining instead of declining in the next few years.

• Like 1