Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×

I copied and pasted my proposal from the other thread.  Here is what the NIC/NLC/NSC would look like.

Here is my proposal.  Might be as outreaching as some others that have been posted on here but this is just for fun anyway right?

Combine all the NIC, NLC, and NSC schools.  That gives you 21.  Split into 3 divisions of 7 teams separated by enrollment.  Teams can petition in the name of competitiveness to move up to a higher enrollment as long as a team in the other division is okay with dropping down.  Here are the divisions with the current enrollment:

Red                                          White                                            Blue

Penn 3401                               Mishawaka 1514                           St. Joe 869

Warsaw 2138                          Clay 1372                                      New Prairie 865

Goshen 1811                           Northridge 1291                            NorthWood 853

Memorial 1793                         Riley 1230                                     Marian 681

Central 1745                            Washington 1226                          Glenn 625

Adams 1736                             Plymouth 1112                              Jimtown 586

Concord 1523                          Wawasee 933                               Bremen 485

This gives each team 6 conference games.  I would propose each team schedule 2 teams outside of their division and 1 non-conference game on the schedule.  That would allow for some current rivalries to continue.

As an added bonus let's have the head coaches get in a ring and battle it out to see who gets naming rights (NIC, NLC, NSC) for the football divisions.  Charge a fee for the public to watch.  I might even set up a sports book with odds and donate the profits back to the conference.  :D

Obviously there are some fixes that need to be made with other sports too but that is for another day.

Your "experience"?  How much experience do you actually have with New Prairie?  How many of their school employees do you know?  How much time have you spent in their district?  Have you even been to the school?  Years of reading NSC scores in the paper doesn't make you an expert on New Prairie's reasons for why they are making the choices they make.  All you do when you say this stuff is make it sound like Plymouth is bitter and jealous that they aren't getting invited when "lesser" schools like Bremen and Glenn are.

Whatever man. I don't live in jeffersonville and pretend to know. I've played and coached in the NSC for over 15 years. I KNOW that while scouting New Prairie in mid 90s to coaching against them recently that they love to beat the smaller schools. Trust me that won't change. Never confuse loyalty with self serving. Lie to yourself if you want but think about the competition that NP would face in the NIC compared to the NSC/NIC combination. Better for NP. Don't hate the messenger about the message.

Bremen was NEVER extended an offer to join the NLC as per an athletic director who personally told me that 1. There was never a discussion to expand the conference and 2. There was never an offer to any school, Bremen included, to join the NLC. The AD lives in my neighborhood right behind me. I simply asked him and he simply answered me. He also told me about the offer extended to Wawasee to join a new conference, first the NHC, and then the NSC. He said neither offer was seriously considered, although they discussed it with the coaching staff. Whatever you think Bremen was offered it was certainly not an invitation to join the NLC as one of the decision makers says it was NEVER discussed. At this point for Bremen, if they were offered, what a colossal mistake to not join seeing the position they find themselves.

Another possible solution would be to break up Penn into four schools (Penn HS, New Pennish HS, Harris HS, and Dolly Madison HS) and give them their own division. The gate for the intra-division games would be phenomenal!

• Upvote 3

Another possible solution would be to break up Penn into four schools (Penn HS, New Pennish HS, Harris HS, and Dolly Madison HS) and give them their own division. The gate for the intra-division games would be phenomenal!

• Upvote 2

Whatever man. I don't live in jeffersonville and pretend to know. I've played and coached in the NSC for over 15 years. I KNOW that while scouting New Prairie in mid 90s to coaching against them recently that they love to beat the smaller schools. Trust me that won't change. Never confuse loyalty with self serving. Lie to yourself if you want but think about the competition that NP would face in the NIC compared to the NSC/NIC combination. Better for NP. Don't hate the messenger about the message.

I will trust my direct conversations with NP employees over the past few months over your recollections from the mid 90s.

Bremen was NEVER extended an offer to join the NLC as per an athletic director who personally told me that 1. There was never a discussion to expand the conference and 2. There was never an offer to any school, Bremen included, to join the NLC. The AD lives in my neighborhood right behind me. I simply asked him and he simply answered me. He also told me about the offer extended to Wawasee to join a new conference, first the NHC, and then the NSC. He said neither offer was seriously considered, although they discussed it with the coaching staff. Whatever you think Bremen was offered it was certainly not an invitation to join the NLC as one of the decision makers says it was NEVER discussed. At this point for Bremen, if they were offered, what a colossal mistake to not join seeing the position they find themselves.

No formal offer was ever made, but several NLC schools made it clear to Bremen that they would be accepted if they applied.

Nope. Never happened. Vote has to be unanimous according to the by-laws. I know three schools right off the top of my head that would absolutely vote no (my neighbor's school being one of them as well as their county rival, and the Chargers up north). My neighbor the AD specifically said the NLC is an 8 team conference and will remain an 8 team conference. There is no desire to change from 8 teams. The conversation of admitting another team beyond the 8 they have is a dead issue for the NLC from what I have been told - so unless a school moves out from the NLC, there will be no invitations extended to anyone....formally or informally.

If you are so sure this happened, then name the schools that "misled" Bremen into thinking they have a spot in the NLC if they want it.

Nope. Never happened. Vote has to be unanimous according to the by-laws. I know three schools right off the top of my head that would absolutely vote no (my neighbor's school being one of them as well as their county rival, and the Chargers up north). My neighbor the AD specifically said the NLC is an 8 team conference and will remain an 8 team conference. There is no desire to change from 8 teams. The conversation of admitting another team beyond the 8 they have is a dead issue for the NLC from what I have been told - so unless a school moves out from the NLC, there will be no invitations extended to anyone....formally or informally.

If you are so sure this happened, then name the schools that "misled" Bremen into thinking they have a spot in the NLC if they want it.

I wasn't told which schools were in contact with Bremen, just that a few called and said that they would be interested in Bremen but not the other NSC schools due to distance/and or lack of certain sports.

I wasn't told which schools were in contact with Bremen, just that a few called and said that they would be interested in Bremen but not the other NSC schools due to distance/and or lack of certain sports.

If you knew half of what you pretended to know...

• Downvote 1