Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A #1 Andrean @ #3 Pioneer

23 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Is Walsh gonna play for Andrean? 

Did Robinson break his collarbone for Pioneer??

Robinson broke his collarbone when he got late hit out of bounds after he made a goal line interception against Bremen. 

Curious to see who his replacement will be on offense at fullback and defense at db. 

8 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Walsh is playing. His absence has been for precautionary reasons.  

Thats good! That just goes to show you how good Andrean is... He doesn't play...and Andrean still scores 4 tds against Renn.

7 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Robinson broke his collarbone when he got late hit out of bounds after he made a goal line interception against Bremen. 

Curious to see who his replacement will be on offense at fullback and defense at db. 

Ezra or Addai?

14 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Was he clearly out of bounds when he got hit?  It was a big hit and seemed like the official felt like he needed to call something since it was made with the arms extended near the chest/upper torso area.  

Just now, TheStatGuy said:

Win Friday.

I am leaning towards Pioneer in this one but it's a very interesting matchup that has ramifications for what 2A North will look like the next couple seasons.  If Pioneer wins, they remain in 2A for the next cycle and so does Andrean.  If Andrean wins, Pioneer returns to 1A (assuming attendance doesn't move them up and I have no clue where they stand there) and Andrean could move up to 3A if they go on to win state.

So a Pioneer wins means both stay in 2A and an Andrean win could end up with neither in 2A next cycle.  If I'm another 2A program I'm probably cheering for Andrean to win and then go on and win state.  

33 minutes ago, XStar said:

I am leaning towards Pioneer in this one but it's a very interesting matchup that has ramifications for what 2A North will look like the next couple seasons.  If Pioneer wins, they remain in 2A for the next cycle and so does Andrean.  If Andrean wins, Pioneer returns to 1A (assuming attendance doesn't move them up and I have no clue where they stand there) and Andrean could move up to 3A if they go on to win state.

So a Pioneer wins means both stay in 2A and an Andrean win could end up with neither in 2A next cycle.  If I'm another 2A program I'm probably cheering for Andrean to win and then go on and win state.  

I think Andrean was going to win anyway but Pioneer losing Robinson really hurts on O.  I'm sure one of the Lewellens can fill in that role but Robinson is a huge loss. 

Andrean's schedule has really helped them out. Their lone loss came from a team that's probably gonna represent 6A in the North. Their best win was against a team that more than likely reps 4A North at state. 

Pioneer will be ready though. 

Edited by TheStatGuy

8 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

I think Andrean was going to win anyway but Pioneer losing Robinson really hurts on O.  I'm sure one of the Lewellens can fill in that role but Robinson is a huge loss. 

Andrean's schedule has really helped them out. Their lone loss came from a team that's probably gonna represent 6A in the North. Their best win was against a team that more than likely reps 4A North at state. 

Pioneer will be ready though. 

Beating Chesterton was nothing to sneeze at.  I'll have to take your word regarding the injuries as I've not seen enough of either team to judge how losing any individual player will hurt them.  I'm probably not being fair to Andrean because they only game of theirs I've seen in the past 2 season was their loss at Eastbrook in semistate last year and I was completely underwhelmed by their performance.  I'm sure they are better this season.  But there are other 2A programs that can also punch above their 2A classification.  Pioneer is (or maybe "was" pending this injury) one of them.  I've been wrong plenty but my opinion is that these are the two best teams in 2A this season, at least when both are full strength.  

5 hours ago, southend said:

With your name, Farmer, I’m guessing you are for Andrean? Am I right?  
l would like to see the pioneer team come away with the”W”. But doubt it will happen. 

He has Pioneer listed as his school so Im guessing that your guess might be wrong.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LionKing said:

Was he clearly out of bounds when he got hit?  It was a big hit and seemed like the official felt like he needed to call something since it was made with the arms extended near the chest/upper torso area.  

Pretty unlikely. The crew on this game was a multiple state championship crew, last appearing in LOS in 2018. Such officials ordinarily do not feel like they have to “call something.” 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Pretty unlikely. The crew on this game was a multiple state championship crew, last appearing in LOS in 2018. Such officials ordinarily do not feel like they have to “call something.” 

This is the same crew that you had an issue with on an earlier post about an inadvertent whistle from the opposite sideline.  Mistakes happen, don't care how many state finals you worked.

3 minutes ago, cpg1970 said:

If Pioneer wins state, they still won’t stay 2a.  They lost in sectional last year, so that is 0 points.  Don’t you need 6 points over a 2 year span to get bumped up??

You only need 2 sectionals or 1 regional to stay up a class once you are bumped up. I am not a fan of the success factor as a whole, but to me if you get bumped up a class and can win 2 sectionals or a regional you probably deserve to stay there.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LionKing said:

Doesn't matter at this point if he was out of bounds long enough or not. He is out and now it is next man up. I could see them going fullback by committee depending on the situation we are in or what we are able to run successfully.

46 minutes ago, LionKing said:

This is the same crew that you had an issue with on an earlier post about an inadvertent whistle from the opposite sideline.  Mistakes happen, don't care how many state finals you worked.

No doubt about it. I’m just playing the odds. That's why I said “unlikely” and not “impossible.”

50 minutes ago, Bobref said:

No doubt about it. I’m just playing the odds. That's why I said “unlikely” and not “impossible.”

When I saw it on the stream, it was a good call. I think the guy who made the hit kinda got lost at where he was on the field. I don't think it was vicious intent, I think it was a guy who reacted in an intense moment of the game.